Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My 997 GT2 Track Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:15 PM
GTSilver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSilver
So just to confirm for the front I should run 0.20 degrees per side, 0.4 total and the rear 0.25 degrees per side, 0.50 degrees total.
I think what I wrote above is making the confusion, as i'm not sure of it. I may of interpret what TTurbine wrote earlier wrong.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:50 PM
GTSilver
Instructor

Thanks to TTurbine I figured out the required toe in degrees from mm.

"For the rear .20 degrees toe in "each" side that will equal 2mm for each tire and 4mm total toe for the 2 rear tires..

While the front .1 degrees toe out on each side that will equal 2mm for both sides.."
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM
GTSilver
Instructor

Update- One more hicup, I hope its the last one.

After installing all the suspension parts and brake components the mechanics at the dealer told me that both front and rear brake ducts will not fit !! Due to the differences in size of the oem parts and GMG parts. I haven't had the chance to see the car and see if they will fit or not. So I would like to ask if anyone had faced that problem in the past after installing aftermarket suspension parts ? and what brake ducts did you use ? I remember there was a thread for a gt3 with RSS parts that may of faced the same problem as I did but couldn't find it. What I found out is about the 997.2 rear brake ducts and how superior they are compared to the 997.1 but did anyone retro fitted them on a 997.1 especially GT2 ? And was it straight forward ?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2012, 01:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I use Porsche GT2 Cup big huge brake ducts with GT3 Cup lower control arms....slight dremel for fit and they work great.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:21 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSilver
Update- One more hicup, I hope its the last one.

After installing all the suspension parts and brake components the mechanics at the dealer told me that both front and rear brake ducts will not fit !! Due to the differences in size of the oem parts and GMG parts. I haven't had the chance to see the car and see if they will fit or not. So I would like to ask if anyone had faced that problem in the past after installing aftermarket suspension parts ? and what brake ducts did you use ? I remember there was a thread for a gt3 with RSS parts that may of faced the same problem as I did but couldn't find it. What I found out is about the 997.2 rear brake ducts and how superior they are compared to the 997.1 but did anyone retro fitted them on a 997.1 especially GT2 ? And was it straight forward ?

Thanks
GT always happy to help,,

I think you should contact GMG directly as it appears to be due to there suspension parts
, on the other .2 GT3 with all the tarret monoballs along with Mantheys KW setup and faced no issues.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:43 PM
GTSilver
Instructor

Yes I will contact GMG tomorrow but they are closed today, so I thought maybe others had faced the same problem that I'm facing and can share their opinions.

TTurbine - thank you and I said maybe fellow rennlisters could help me out due to the vast knowledge in this forum.

Mdrums - I have the stock control arms and havent installed rear gt3 control arms so I dont know if they will fit or not. May I ask from where did you source them ? suncoast ?
Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Update- I got the car from the dealer a couple of days back and the car have transformed a lot due to GMG suspension parts. The steering is so precise and responsive its like a video game !! The handling is perfect, road feel is increased and know how the car behaves with inputs thus increasing confidence and pushing it more. I recommend installing the suspension parts for any enthusiast driving their car on street or track.

There is some noise due to the suspension parts and roll bar but its very minimal.

This is my impressions after driving it on the street, I will drive it on the track in a couple of days.

Brake ducts were fitted with zip ties but I decided to go with 997.2 rear brake ducts as they provide better cooling than what I have now. I don't think they will fit in properly and need some modifying to fit.

I didn't have the chance to take pics of the suspension fitted on the car, hopefully when installing the brake ducts I will.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:12 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Here are pictures of the car show that we had this weekend before our time attack event.

P.s gt2rs spoiler hasn't been installed due to the lower ride height, will be fitted in the track.
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2012, 02:42 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Another
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

One more
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Sorry for the crappy pic but this is how the roll bar looks after it got painted and installed.
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 AM
lopro
Banned

amazing story, great looking car. Keep it going.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Just purchased the last part I need for my car, race logic vbox lite. To see my lap times and how to improve in future events. I will update this thread after the event with track impressions of the parts and video's of the event and last but not least results.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:13 AM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh on all those holes for a front plate
Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Mepps- I'll paint the front bumper after track season and do a full detail and consider adding 3m protection in front.

Quick Reply: My 997 GT2 Track Build