Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My 997 GT2 Track Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not completly true.. They still recommend and use p50 on the super cup and that's what I'm using on my 997 rsr turbo with pccb

But for a street car using the car on the track only sometimes eom are good enuff, or endless have a nice pad also
Old 02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
GTSilver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
Thats not completly true.. They still recommend and use p50 on the super cup and that's what I'm using on my 997 rsr turbo with pccb

But for a street car using the car on the track only sometimes eom are good enuff, or endless have a nice pad also
Hopefully when I get soon I will try the P50 on a couple of track days, and if the performance have changed I will run them on time attack competitions if not I will switch to steel.

What I need now just from looking (awaiting the repair report from the dealer) is an exhaust and a rear bumper and rear decklid. I'm considering a m&m exhaust and either a oem gt2 bumper or a gt2rs bumper if I can source it for the right price. Rear decklid I would like to convert to the 997.2 gt3rs decklid for more rear down force what are your thoughts ? And as I said i didnt like the performance of the Hoosiers r6, considering getting the bbs e88 in 18's rather than 19's and run a different tire. Im open for any suggestions.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSilver
Hopefully when I get soon I will try the P50 on a couple of track days, and if the performance have changed I will run them on time attack competitions if not I will switch to steel.

What I need now just from looking (awaiting the repair report from the dealer) is an exhaust and a rear bumper and rear decklid. I'm considering a m&m exhaust and either a oem gt2 bumper or a gt2rs bumper if I can source it for the right price. Rear decklid I would like to convert to the 997.2 gt3rs decklid for more rear down force what are your thoughts ? And as I said i didnt like the performance of the Hoosiers r6, considering getting the bbs e88 in 18's rather than 19's and run a different tire. Im open for any suggestions.
Some members here are running endless brake pads for PCCB (TB993tt , Nick Wong) they seem to run better and more quiter than the oem pads..

I would go with the GT2 rs bumper last time i got a quote from Gert @ caranewal it was 1462 Euros ... I would leave the deckled stock as it might disturb the aerodynamic balance.. With the GT2rs spoilers you will have almost the same downforce as the .2 GT3RS

Regarding the exhaust have you considered Europipe? Im running it in my car and it is amazing... and weighs the same as the OEM Akrapovic

Last edited by TTurbine; 02-07-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurbine
Some members here are running endless brake pads for PCCB (TB993tt , Nick Wong) they seem to run better and more quiter than the oem pads..

I would go with the GT2 rs bumper last time i got a quote from Gert @ caranewal it was 1462 Euros ... I would leave the deckled stock as it might disturb the aerodynamic balance.. With the GT2rs spoilers you will have almost the same downforce as the .2 GT3RS

Regarding have you considered Europipe? Im running it in my car and it is amazing... amd weighs the same as the OEM Akrapovic
That's f'ing disgusting. And by disgusting I mean awesome and beautiful.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:19 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Originally Posted by SharpMan
That's f'ing disgusting. And by disgusting I mean awesome and beautiful.
Sharpman thanks it is indeed awesome , Stef surely knows how to make an exhaust system
Old 02-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

I personally think the OE pad is pretty good, but then again it all depends on how much you use the brakes and under what circumstances they are used. At Road America they were fine.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
I personally think the OE pad is pretty good, but then again it all depends on how much you use the brakes and under what circumstances they are used. At Road America they were fine.

I also find the stock okay.. im not that agressive on the brakes .. i usualy lift the throttle a little... down shift... trailbrake thru corner entrey and then flatout...

Nick how do the OEM compare to the Endless pads your running now?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:17 PM
lopro
Banned

I read somewhere that pccb work best with the OEM pads? Is this correct?

Nice looking exhaust system. CUP car read deck lid would look amazing.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Not enough time on the Endless pads on PCCB but I do have extensive experience with CCM compounds on my old GT-R. I'm sure the ME20 compound will be fine if they are similar or just slightly more aggressive than OE. I also have the biggest OE brake ducts made on both front and rear. I highly recommend the big rear ducts- on these cars, with so much of the weight in back, the rear brakes get a big workout on the track, and being in the back they don't get anywhere as much clean air to cool down as the fronts.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lopro
I read somewhere that pccb work best with the OEM pads? Is this correct?

Nice looking exhaust system. CUP car read deck lid would look amazing.
Porsche recommends the OE street pad in the USA. They also recommend a lot of other things too. I pretty much listen to what they have to say then do what I think sounds reasonable. If you want to play it safe do everything they say including not taking the car to the track.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

If you are serious about track running I would say go for the cup deck lid and make a front lip an some canards
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 PM
lopro
Banned

that would look amazing on the gt2 and the downforce would be very useful
Old 02-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lopro
that would look amazing on the gt2 and the downforce would be very useful
Yes.. Did it on my 996 gt2 (swedens fastest track road car) and it give me 2,2s better lap time on same track
Old 02-04-2012, 11:14 AM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
Yes.. Did it on my 996 gt2 (swedens fastest track road car) and it give me 2,2s better lap time on same track
Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Originally Posted by TTurbine

Regarding the exhaust have you considered Europipe? Im running it in my car and it is amazing... and weighs the same as the OEM Akrapovic
I will give the pccb one more time on an open track day with p50 if they werent upto the task I will look into endless as I've heard great things about them.

Porsche have increased their prices for the gt2rs parts now for the 2nd time I hope Gert can get it for me as you were quoted.

My brother (EA67) has the europipe track exhaust on his 997.1 gt3rs and its amazing but a friend of mine also has it on his 997.2 turbo and it doesnt sound that aggressive, if you can shoot a video with idle and WOT flyby would be great to make a decision.

Quick Reply: My 997 GT2 Track Build