Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

my gt3 STOLEN: UPDATE FOUND TORCHED

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:13 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No updates folks - Still pending trial/pleading which will take many months. The suspect is in violation of parole in another state so it is a complicated procedure.

If there is any updates I will post them here.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

DId you get a new GT3 yet??
Old 11-10-2009, 05:14 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Chrispenigl, does the insurance company hold-back your settlement until the trial stuff is over in Vegas?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crispenigl
No updates folks - Still pending trial/pleading which will take many months. The suspect is in violation of parole in another state so it is a complicated procedure.

If there is any updates I will post them here.
Although people may be interested to see what happens to the guy that stole your car, I think people are much more interested in exactly HOW he stole the car "without a key"... Or how did he get a copy the key. Or worse, how did he get a potential MASTER?

I'm seeing advertisements near me saying "Get your chipped car keys made here vs. the dealer$hip". Makes me nervous that someone can just make modern car keys just like that.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 128 Posts

Absolutely. We could care less about the criminal. We want the details from the incredible police investigators on how it was taken if you had control (and still do) of the keys provided to you by the original dealership. We don't need an update on what prison the guy goes to, or even if he's convicted. We want to know how the car was unlocked, started, and driven off on a one-way trip to a fire. As the owner, I would think that you would be pressing the authorities constantly for this information as well, since they had gone so far as to accuse you of being involved. If our cars are that easily stolen we need to know about it, and all police departments everywhere need to know so that they don't threaten us with being conspirators.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:00 AM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

.... and did you get the replacement yet?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Chrispenigl, does the insurance company hold-back your settlement until the trial stuff is over in Vegas?
Nope.
I was taken care of.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mabuhay
Although people may be interested to see what happens to the guy that stole your car, I think people are much more interested in exactly HOW he stole the car "without a key"... Or how did he get a copy the key. Or worse, how did he get a potential MASTER?

I'm seeing advertisements near me saying "Get your chipped car keys made here vs. the dealer$hip". Makes me nervous that someone can just make modern car keys just like that.
Until/Unless it goes to trial, that information may never come out.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Absolutely. We could care less about the criminal. We want the details from the incredible police investigators on how it was taken if you had control (and still do) of the keys provided to you by the original dealership. We don't need an update on what prison the guy goes to, or even if he's convicted. We want to know how the car was unlocked, started, and driven off on a one-way trip to a fire. As the owner, I would think that you would be pressing the authorities constantly for this information as well, since they had gone so far as to accuse you of being involved. If our cars are that easily stolen we need to know about it, and all police departments everywhere need to know so that they don't threaten us with being conspirators.

I dont believe the car was unlocked. There was glass at the location where the car was parked.

There is nothing I can do unless it goes to trial where those questions will be asked.

However, it is much more likely he will plea bargain and then those details will not be revealed.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jpcourt
.... and did you get the replacement yet?
No.

There is simply no car that comes close to the driving enjoyment I get from a gt3, and the 2010 gt3's is even better.

However, with the pricing of 997.1 gt3's in a near free fall, I have been biding my time to see where they end up.

Also, I have been thinking of going in a different direction, say getting into a spec boxster for racing.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
M3 Defector
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow, what a story! Good luck with the replacement.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:08 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck with the next step. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,623 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Originally Posted by crispenigl
No.

There is simply no car that comes close to the driving enjoyment I get from a gt3, and the 2010 gt3's is even better.

However, with the pricing of 997.1 gt3's in a near free fall, I have been biding my time to see where they end up.

Also, I have been thinking of going in a different direction, say getting into a spec boxster for racing.
you need to think faster.
if you want GT3, buy one now. price will not drop much more.
if you want go spec box racing, my car, the fastest car in noral with 4 podium finished out of 5 races is for sale and as all my stuff are, better than advertised and sold below mkt price....
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Would this be the GT3 in question?

Old 11-20-2009, 04:50 PM
MyEmily
Racer

ouch!! But looks like it's salvagable. wondering how much did it sold for. Update. It's going on sale next week.
https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/SearchResults.aspx

Quick Reply: my gt3 STOLEN: UPDATE FOUND TORCHED