Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
This weekend I got a lot finished up

- Dundon Street headers installed w/991 Titanium Muffler+Tips
- DSC controller
- Dundon GT3RS Custom Tune
- Numeric Shifter w/the extra weights
- Brand 'new' passenger speaker arrived from Germany... I unwrapped it and it also had the same disintegrating issues as the original woofer... so I changed the doors to Kicker 6.5 speakers optimized at the lower ~35 watts RMS close to the stock head unit... FYI the stock speakers are 4 ohm

and now trying to take my skills to the next level... w/new scanner
How does that exhaust setup sound? Maybe a bit too early, but do you feel any difference in power? I'm considering some Dundon goodies.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:59 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
How does that exhaust setup sound? Maybe a bit too early, but do you feel any difference in power? I'm considering some Dundon goodies.
Power is def noticeable... but I also shed about 75 lbs and added like 35hp. I moved from the GMG center delete which was kinda an ON/OFF blasting sound at high RPM. The Dundon w/the use of sport button feels like what an OEM setup should have been. Much more linear and only whales when you really want it to... you can still light up an underpass. So this is plenty of 'loud' for me so I don't see the need for the megaphone or lifetime loud muffler. Since I didn't go with the lifetime loud I did put the Sharkwerks SS reinforcement on the mufflers

I like about Dundon

- Each component is independently useful and worth 75% of what I paid at any given moment and takes about 10 minutes to sell.... IF you can find used its a no brainer.
- There are always more bolt ons to add "later" like the intake and airbox that have another 40HP... making the full setup over 70HP (the best you can ask for if you don't want to molest your engine with an increase in displacement.)
- They offer new free 'tunes' optimized for the combinations I'll try over time

Last edited by Wonderdan; 02-14-2022 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:02 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Power is def noticeable... but I also shed about 75 lbs and added like 35hp. I moved from the GMG center delete which was kinda an ON/OFF blasting sound at high RPM. The Dundon w/the use of sport button feels like what an OEM setup should have been. Much more linear and only whales when you really want it to... you can still light up an underpass. So this is plenty of 'loud' for me so I don't see the need for the megaphone or lifetime loud muffler. Since I didn't go with the lifetime loud I did put the Sharkwerks SS reinforcement on the mufflers
Great to hear this! Regarding the Sharkwerks reinforcement, is this a metal strip that goes along the backside of the muffler? I have a few fabspeed ones that I've used in the past.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:08 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Great to hear this! Regarding the Sharkwerks reinforcement, is this a metal strip that goes along the backside of the muffler? I have a few fabspeed ones that I've used in the past.
no your right I got my wires crossed, its the same fabspeed you have… not sure if it will do much but hoping I don’t have to buy another Ti muffler anytime soon.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:15 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

no your right I got my wires crossed, its the same fabspeed you have… not sure if it will do much but hoping I don’t have to buy another Ti muffler anytime soon.
I think you should be good to go for a while. Most of the blowouts happened when folks did side deletes with only the larger inlet pipes and a blocker on the smaller inlets.

Last edited by ranger22; 02-15-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:50 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

I replaced the other set of door speakers yesterday. If doing this project I would suggest buying a bunch of the door panel clips. They are cheap. I needed to replace a couple clips on the drivers door but 6-8 on the passenger side. I though I would have a bunch left over but ended up fighting to reset one of the old ones just to finish the project. 55 degrees today after a lot of rain late this week to wash away the salt. Went for a drive to test out the speakers. 60 miles or so. Jealous of those who can drive year round!
The following 4 users liked this post by my first 911:
cbracerx (02-21-2022), Robocop305 (02-20-2022), stpatsday (02-20-2022), Wonderdan (02-20-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 01:52 PM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 422 Posts
Default Kline 997 GT3/RS Review

Originally Posted by Joe Cho
Please do share a review when you get the chance.
Review after a few days with the full Kline stainless steel setup and around 250 miles. My prior setup with full OEM with Sharkwerks bypass.

Pros:
  • Cold start is not louder. I live in the city and have close neighbors. So for me this a pro.
  • No Drone at highway cruising speeds. Drove down to Portland from Seattle(180miles). 60-80 mph, 3-4k rpm. Setup is so similar to my previous do not notice a difference.
  • Exhaust sound is louder with valves open. There is a real increase in noise with the valves open as compared to my previous setup. I'd say on my previous setup even at 5-6k RPM the car was still quietish. Now once the valves open it is much louder.
Cons:
  • The new headers triggered a CEL within the first 100 miles. Pretty common for this platform with aftermarket headers. But definitely a con. Reaching out to Kline to see if there is a Tune/fix for the CEL triggering.
Unsure:
  • Exhaust tips stick out more now. See picture below. Right now from some angles I like it more and from others I like it less.

Name:  KIYx4I3.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  458.3 KB

Last edited by Elliotw44; 03-18-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:35 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by LμL
Review after a few days with the full Kline stainless steel setup and around 250 miles. My prior setup with full OEM with Sharkwerks bypass.

Pros:
  • Cold start is not louder. I live in the city and have close neighbors. So for me this a pro.
  • No Drone at highway cruising speeds. Drove down to Portland from Seattle(180miles). 60-80 mph, 3-4k rpm. Setup is so similar to my previous do not notice a difference.
  • Exhaust sound is louder with valves open. There is a real increase in noise with the valves open as compared to my previous setup. I'd say on my previous setup even at 5-6k RPM the car was still quietish. Now once the valves open it is much louder.
Cons:
  • The new headers triggered a CEL within the first 100 miles. Pretty common for this platform with aftermarket headers. But definitely a con. Reaching out to Kline to see if there is a Tune/fix for the CEL triggering.
Unsure:
  • Exhaust tips stick out more now. See picture below. Right now from some angles I like it more and from others I like it less.

Appreciate the follow up. You think youll stick with it for awhile?
Old 03-19-2022, 12:36 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,959 Likes on 1,753 Posts

Originally Posted by LμL

Pros:
Cons:
Unsure:
Did you view the cats before you installed. I run Brombacher headers and it's never triggered a CEL. Had the headers on my .1 with stock tune and now on the .1RS with Evoms tune. O2 spacers might be a cheap fix, but I always feel like they then don't get a correct reading and affect performance. A Proper tune would be your best bet. How about a sound clip or small video for us members who like pictures in their books?

Oh, also measure the tip protrusion cold then again hot. My Audi RS tips poke pretty hard when heated.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:11 PM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Cho
Appreciate the follow up. You think youll stick with it for awhile?
Yes I am going to stick with it.

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Did you view the cats before you installed. I run Brombacher headers and it's never triggered a CEL. Had the headers on my .1 with stock tune and now on the .1RS with Evoms tune. O2 spacers might be a cheap fix, but I always feel like they then don't get a correct reading and affect performance. A Proper tune would be your best bet. How about a sound clip or small video for us members who like pictures in their books?

Oh, also measure the tip protrusion cold then again hot. My Audi RS tips poke pretty hard when heated.
I'll work on getting a video with my GoPro. Reached out to both EvoMS & Softtronic about a tune to correct the CEL. I also learned the Kline headers are 100 Cell. Which may be another reason it triggers a CEL. Compared to your Brombacher Headers which has 200 Cell.

Last edited by Elliotw44; 03-23-2022 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:06 PM
GT3 Rey
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

The RS received a new set of Moton 2 Way coilovers. Driver’s Choice did the install and knocked it out of the park.

The following 5 users liked this post by GT3 Rey:
escreation (04-03-2022), Flat6997 (03-24-2022), jdmgt3 (03-24-2022), pcar82 (07-06-2022), rrichmondd (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 03:13 AM
ky_gt3
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 28 Posts

Just installed the JCR Titanium Superlight Valved Racepipe. My initial impressions...It's loud, very loud, but sounds absolutely amazing

Old 03-24-2022, 10:51 AM
jason95R
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 108 Posts

@GT3 Rey I'm just going to go ahead and say it. You have the cleanest, best looking .1 RS! Love it.
The following 2 users liked this post by jason95R:
GT3 Rey (03-24-2022), jonwb (03-25-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 01:06 PM
GT3 Rey
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jason95R
@GT3 Rey I'm just going to go ahead and say it. You have the cleanest, best looking .1 RS! Love it.
Heck of a complement, thank you. Lots of beautiful RSs
on here, I appreciate the love.
The following users liked this post:
jason95R (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 11:05 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by ky_gt3
Just installed the JCR Titanium Superlight Valved Racepipe. My initial impressions...It's loud, very loud, but sounds absolutely amazing
When you say its loud, I'm assuming that's with the valves open (which intrigues me, since I would actually prefer a bit more loudness with valves open, beyond what I am currently getting with my simple SW Center bypass),...

But how quiet are those upper mufflers with the valves closed? ... I still need to get out of my garage & out of my community in stealth mode. I realize those two small mufflers are not going to be as quiet as the oem side mufflers,... but maybe you can tell us how much a DIFFERENCE there is between valves open & valves closed with that JCR system.

TIA

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GT car today!