Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What did you do to your GT car today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 03:39 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado964turbo
I need to lower my lift and pull the battery and replace... Popped the frunk to get a charger on it and got sidetracked. Completely ruined the battery.

Oh well, it’s the same one that has been in it since I bought it, so needed replacing anyways, this just forced my hand. Starting to get closer to driving weather here so I need to get it off the lift.
I have a new Interstate GT3 battery I bought last year and then replaced it with an Antigravity a few months later. It’s like new and has been on a tender as I only drove the car 2 or 3 times. Let me know if interested. I’m in Denver.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:03 AM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
I have a new Interstate GT3 battery I bought last year and then replaced it with an Antigravity a few months later. It’s like new and has been on a tender as I only drove the car 2 or 3 times. Let me know if interested. I’m in Denver.
How’s the antigravity been? I’ve contemplated one, but sometimes the car will go a few weeks at a time without being driven. That was no problem for the odyssey I had in my 964, but wasn’t sure how the lithium battery would do with that level of use.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:17 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by SR20Fastback
How’s the antigravity been? I’ve contemplated one, but sometimes the car will go a few weeks at a time without being driven. That was no problem for the odyssey I had in my 964, but wasn’t sure how the lithium battery would do with that level of use.
I honestly don't know. It's the full size H6/Group 48 40Ah Antigravity battery and since the car only gets drive a handful of times each year it lives on a battery tender. When I had the Interstate battery in the car, it also lived on a battery tender. I have another Antigravity battery in my race car and it's the small ATX30HD version. I charge that periodically but since the car has a cut off switch there is no parasitic draw on the battery unlike in a street car. I did have a previous Antigravity fail and it was replaced under warranty. I think if you are looking for the lightest battery possible and have no problems with using a tender, the Antigravity batteries are a good option.
The following users liked this post:
SupraSaiyan (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 04:11 AM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Received 587 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikon
Bought these SRP pedals years ago and finally had time to install.
Not sure why I didn’t install it earlier but these pedals are amazing. Very grippy and clean looking. Way better than the numeric pedals I had before. Cons: you have to drill through the pedals. No big deal as replacement parts are cheap.
I also replaced the Numeric setup that came with my car with this exact SRP set.
Over a year with them now and only have good things to say.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:37 AM
zygomatic
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had Antigravity batteries in two cars for the past 3 years. Both cars have sat for long periods of time without problem. Antigravity's "jump start" mode (whatever they call it) has worked well for me. Basically, the battery protects itself once voltage drops to a certain level. The battery has a fob (or there's a button on the battery) that you press to "wake" it and it has enough juice to start the car.

Your mileage may vary, but I've been pleased with mine.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:06 PM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by powdrhound
I honestly don't know. It's the full size H6/Group 48 40Ah Antigravity battery and since the car only gets drive a handful of times each year it lives on a battery tender. When I had the Interstate battery in the car, it also lived on a battery tender. I have another Antigravity battery in my race car and it's the small ATX30HD version. I charge that periodically but since the car has a cut off switch there is no parasitic draw on the battery unlike in a street car. I did have a previous Antigravity fail and it was replaced under warranty. I think if you are looking for the lightest battery possible and have no problems with using a tender, the Antigravity batteries are a good option.
Yeah I have no issues with leaving it on a tender here and there, just a bummer it appears theres requires a specific one based on a ctek when I already have 3 cteks floating around the garage haha.

Originally Posted by zygomatic
I've had Antigravity batteries in two cars for the past 3 years. Both cars have sat for long periods of time without problem. Antigravity's "jump start" mode (whatever they call it) has worked well for me. Basically, the battery protects itself once voltage drops to a certain level. The battery has a fob (or there's a button on the battery) that you press to "wake" it and it has enough juice to start the car.

Your mileage may vary, but I've been pleased with mine.

Good to know, which of the 3 sizes did you do?
Old 03-25-2024, 01:22 PM
zygomatic
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

@SR20Fastback

I did a H6 group 48 (40 amp/hrs)

Last edited by zygomatic; 03-25-2024 at 01:26 PM.
SR20Fastback (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 05:32 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,054 Likes on 592 Posts

Hi SR20... What battery do you have in your Car now? I'm asking because you were saying in a 964 the Oddesey worked fine but were worried about the Antigravity staying charged. I think?

What I can tell you is that the lead/Acid Banner H6 Battery won't sit any longer in the Porsche versus our AG 40Ah H6 Battery. I can say that because I had a 2016 GT3 RS that did sit for literally 6 weeks because I just didn't have time to drive it at times, and I DID NOT keep the Battery on a Charger EVER..that was a 40Ah Version and it started right up and didn't need the built-in jump starting we have on it. The reason i didn't use a Charger on it or any of our test batterieswas because we wer testing them so needed the real data. I got know exactly the level of parastic draw and it was not much in the 991s. The 60Ah would have lasted about another several weeks. What I can say was my Car was stock, no accessories on it like radar detectors,cameras, or USB deveices and discharge was nothing it ever sweated. On the 997s i have heard some of those can have high parastic draws on them, but that would be something to check for on that model itself. But I just wanted to say that with 40Ah of Lithium you get as much storage time as a H6 lead Acid Battery Battery and our 60Ah much more.... this does depend on you cars level of parasitic draw and if you have other accessories that can draw.

My point was not to say you SHOULD go with an Antigravity, but if your question is about the battery sitting or its life span, that is not a problem at all with our battery . Sitting willl be about equal and longer with a 60Ah model. Lifespan is no contest being our battery has protections built in and is lithium so 2 to 3 times longer life. Value is in the Customers hands. I can say we are in the high several thousands of our battery in the Porsches market, you can find alot of info on Renn and elseware and not many issues. Also as a side note we are in the New Pagani Utopia with the H6 60Ah size which does have a bit of draw on it, but handles that fine.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:11 PM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi SR20... What battery do you have in your Car now? I'm asking because you were saying in a 964 the Oddesey worked fine but were worried about the Antigravity staying charged. I think?

What I can tell you is that the lead/Acid Banner H6 Battery won't sit any longer in the Porsche versus our AG 40Ah H6 Battery. I can say that because I had a 2016 GT3 RS that did sit for literally 6 weeks because I just didn't have time to drive it at times, and I DID NOT keep the Battery on a Charger EVER..that was a 40Ah Version and it started right up and didn't need the built-in jump starting we have on it. The reason i didn't use a Charger on it or any of our test batterieswas because we wer testing them so needed the real data. I got know exactly the level of parastic draw and it was not much in the 991s. The 60Ah would have lasted about another several weeks. What I can say was my Car was stock, no accessories on it like radar detectors,cameras, or USB deveices and discharge was nothing it ever sweated. On the 997s i have heard some of those can have high parastic draws on them, but that would be something to check for on that model itself. But I just wanted to say that with 40Ah of Lithium you get as much storage time as a H6 lead Acid Battery Battery and our 60Ah much more.... this does depend on you cars level of parasitic draw and if you have other accessories that can draw.

My point was not to say you SHOULD go with an Antigravity, but if your question is about the battery sitting or its life span, that is not a problem at all with our battery . Sitting willl be about equal and longer with a 60Ah model. Lifespan is no contest being our battery has protections built in and is lithium so 2 to 3 times longer life. Value is in the Customers hands. I can say we are in the high several thousands of our battery in the Porsches market, you can find alot of info on Renn and elseware and not many issues. Also as a side note we are in the New Pagani Utopia with the H6 60Ah size which does have a bit of draw on it, but handles that fine.

On your site it sounded like the charger used for your batteries was a very specific ctek charger, and I was being lazy in not wanting to replace any of the 3 cteks I currently have. So I was trying to gauge how big of an issue it would be to go undriven for a few weeks at a time without sitting on a tender that whole time 😏
Old 03-26-2024, 01:04 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,054 Likes on 592 Posts

On your site it sounded like the charger used for your batteries was a very specific ctek charger, and I was being lazy in not wanting to replace any of the 3 cteks I currently have. So I was trying to gauge how big of an issue it would be to go undriven for a few weeks at a time without sitting on a tender that whole time 😏
Ok gotcha, you would just use the Lithium version of the CTEK charger, but there are several companies that make chargers and we are going to come out with our own in about 2 months also. You can also get a charger that does Lithium and Lead/Acid and not need the extra charger... but I get it you have 3 already.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:55 AM
Dervish
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 54 Posts

Got round to fitting RS wheel caps to the BBS wheels, had to hand paint the letters in white as you can only buy orange or green lettering.

Plus fitted the RS 'style' door pulls. I know it's not exact but it's pretty good and took less than 10min for both sides.

The following 6 users liked this post by Dervish:
911 (05-01-2024), homesauce (05-02-2024), jackb911 (05-01-2024), jreifler (05-01-2024), LCCHOU (05-02-2024), Robocop305 (05-03-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-01-2024, 07:13 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 660 Likes on 296 Posts

Fresh dinosaur bone

Dervish (05-02-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 07:18 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,995 Likes on 1,777 Posts

Bone broth warms the belly.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:46 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 660 Likes on 296 Posts

so true
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Bone broth warms the belly.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:49 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,086 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Fresh dinosaur bone

Dig the Hazet and Wera stuff. Used to have a bunch before shifting to mostly Snap-On. Still love the Wera drivers / handles.
Ohio Performance (05-08-2024)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GT car today!