Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017 | 10:50 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Doug H
In my opinion, it loses value because if a tiptronic and most enthusiast will go manual if cannot go pdk. The tiptronic is just not a very good unit. Even if it added value, that price is still high, but by all means purchase if you think a tiptronic makes a 2006 with no sports chrono and relatively few options a $50k car.
Sorry, that was supposed to be a sarcastic comment
Old 05-14-2017 | 01:27 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

You are in Austin. Buy a Texas car. I bought my 997.2 in Austin last summer. This is P car #7 for me. That Portland car has low mileage but it is over priced about $10k in my opinion. It will take a minimum of $800 for transport and its sight unseen, no test drive. So in my opinion, DONT buy at that price. I for sure would not. For that kind of $ buy a 997.2 PDK cab non S with under 50k miles.
Old 05-14-2017 | 03:32 PM
oofie810
Rennlist Member

Long time lurker here thinking of getting a 997.2 C2S. What do you guys think of this one? https://cargur.us/gGcPK - It's local but by appointment, so I might schedule something for next weekend.
Old 05-14-2017 | 03:50 PM
bbinder
Rennlist Member

The price seems fair for its age, mileage, options, etc. I'd say that the usual advice applies here: go look at it, drive it, look at the car fax, and get a PPI. If it doesn't check all of your boxes, then walk away -- there will be others out there. I searched the internet for 6 months until I found the one that I ended up buying (and after all of that searching, it was a local car as well).
Old 05-14-2017 | 04:07 PM
jakeg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Own Goal
You are in Austin. Buy a Texas car. I bought my 997.2 in Austin last summer. This is P car #7 for me. That Portland car has low mileage but it is over priced about $10k in my opinion. It will take a minimum of $800 for transport and its sight unseen, no test drive. So in my opinion, DONT buy at that price. I for sure would not. For that kind of $ buy a 997.2 PDK cab non S with under 50k miles.
+1. It's overpriced and you can find better deals closer to home. I'm in Houston, if any come up locally, am happy to go eyeball the car..
Old 05-14-2017 | 04:11 PM
jdgamble
Racer

Originally Posted by oofie810
Long time lurker here thinking of getting a 997.2 C2S. What do you guys think of this one? https://cargur.us/gGcPK - It's local but by appointment, so I might schedule something for next weekend.
Heads up - I looked at one of his cars. It's a pretty shady operation. Note the lack of VIN. I think he buys cars with accidents in their history. The one I looked at did. He also dropped price considerably when he saw that I was walking away from the car. He said he was getting out of the car business... just wanted to get rid of the car. Now it's a year later and he's still selling Porsches.

All that said, it could be a decent car, but be super careful with this seller.
Old 05-14-2017 | 04:19 PM
oofie810
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bbinder
The price seems fair for its age, mileage, options, etc. I'd say that the usual advice applies here: go look at it, drive it, look at the car fax, and get a PPI. If it doesn't check all of your boxes, then walk away -- there will be others out there. I searched the internet for 6 months until I found the one that I ended up buying (and after all of that searching, it was a local car as well).
Thanks for the input! I'm just starting my search, and I know it might take a while. My dad took the same time (around 6 months) to find his 997.2.

Originally Posted by jdgamble
Heads up - I looked at one of his cars. It's a pretty shady operation. Note the lack of VIN. I think he buys cars with accidents in their history. The one I looked at did. He also dropped price considerably when he saw that I was walking away from the car. He said he was getting out of the car business... just wanted to get rid of the car. Now it's a year later and he's still selling Porsches.

Well, thanks for the heads up. He has another black C2S and it is mentioned on their site that it has 1 accident listed on Carfax, on this one, no mention at all. I still might pay the car a visit since I only live 10 mins away, at least get another data point in the search.
Old 05-14-2017 | 04:30 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdgamble

Here is the VIN (it was listed in the notes):

WP0AB2A92AS720297
Old 05-14-2017 | 04:32 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

here is a bit of a weird build: 997.1 C2 manual, stripper, 58k miles, with Aerokit rear wing and turbo front bumper. It is down the street from me, but looks to be about $7k overpriced. Who knows, they may be into taking an offer on it. As it sits, that is a tough sell.

https://www.mbofbend.com/used/Porsch...213fde7a83.htm
Old 05-14-2017 | 06:36 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
Sorry, that was supposed to be a sarcastic comment
Oops. Lol, cannot ever tell as I remember some in a tip v. manual thread equating the tip to F1 racing technology.
Old 05-14-2017 | 07:33 PM
m1a1mg
Track Day

Id love find an Austin or Texas car. White with beige interior arent showing up locally. GF is very specific about what she wants. I know the two that showed up in the last few months within 200 miles sold immediately. One for $42K withh 55K miles. The other for $53K. I know it's high, but demand seems to be real.
Old 05-14-2017 | 08:34 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Keep checking the cars for sale thread on here. Looked for the same 6 months are so and bought before I was really ready. Ok, make that before the Mrs was ready. Mine was everything I was shopping for but color. Given some extras I got over the color deal. Unless somewhat flexible search will be long and price will not be in your favor. Keep shopping, that 90% car will show up.
Old 05-15-2017 | 12:46 AM
jdgamble
Racer

Originally Posted by oofie810
Well, thanks for the heads up. He has another black C2S and it is mentioned on their site that it has 1 accident listed on Carfax, on this one, no mention at all. I still might pay the car a visit since I only live 10 mins away, at least get another data point in the search.
Oh definitely check it out. The silver one looks clean. It was just the whole experience that was weird. He was really hard to get in touch with, would only text, gave me some inaccurate info about the car, had a young kid that seemed a bit off meet me at his industrial park where he stores car, then a $5k price drop at the end as I told him I wasn't interested. That car had some obvious issues though. A good car is a good car. One thing for sure tho... he's buying these cars at auction and his overhead is probably zero, so price should be very negotiable. Just do your research on vehicle history and get an inspection if you like it.
Old 05-15-2017 | 09:24 AM
Blaine 997
Instructor

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
here is a bit of a weird build: 997.1 C2 manual, stripper, 58k miles, with Aerokit rear wing and turbo front bumper. It is down the street from me, but looks to be about $7k overpriced. Who knows, they may be into taking an offer on it. As it sits, that is a tough sell.

https://www.mbofbend.com/used/Porsch...213fde7a83.htm
I agree, it shout be in the low $30,000 range. And that is if the body mods, stripes, paint, and interior are in really nice shape. I like the exterior but the not tan interior.

My 997.1 C2 I bought in November is a manual with only 19" lobsters, 3rd radiator and rear wiper as only options. Porsche replacement engine has 35,000 miles on it rest of car has 55,000. Mint interior, only two stone chips on the exterior. It was listed at an Audi dealer for $39,000. I offered them $30,900 after it had been on their lot for 30 days and they accepted.
Old 05-15-2017 | 09:42 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Thats not an OEM aerokit rear wing. Looks like a sort of aftermarket RS style. You need to open the rear to see if it has the right airbox with it.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)