Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018 | 02:39 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 8Lug
The ad had a stock photo because the car had just come in on trade and wasn't detailed yet. The ad went up sunday and I called first thing monday. Salesman sent me pictures of the actual car and everything looked great up until the point where he told me they would not hold the car past month end even with full payment. He said if car didn't sell by month end then they would take a deposit to hold it for me. This was on the 30th. I was unable to get there by the 31st. Car sold that Monday night.
OMG. Smoking deal. A 4S manual that isn't black with so few miles? I'd totally overlook it thinking it was a scam.
Old 11-30-2018 | 02:43 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hula
OMG. Smoking deal. A 4S manual that isn't black with so few miles? I'd totally overlook it thinking it was a scam.
I still cringe every time I think about missing out on this car. It was an AutoNation Mercedes dealer that took it in on trade. If it was some small independent car lot, I probably would have passed on it thinking it was too good to be true.
Old 11-30-2018 | 02:49 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

I still cringe every time I think about missing out on this car. It was an AutoNation Mercedes dealer that took it in on trade. If it was some small independent car lot, I probably would have passed on it thinking it was too good to be true.
If that checks out, which it looks like it does and I stand to be corrected, I feel sick for you! SMOKING DEAL.
Old 11-30-2018 | 03:39 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Anyone looking for a 997.2 Turbo that is probably the highest option one I have seen should check this one out.

https://www.phillipsauto.com/vehicle...ca-id-27122176

Wow!
Old 11-30-2018 | 06:01 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. More likely than not it was indeed "too good to be true". It is about $10K+ below market for a car that is very difficult to find on Cars.com or Autotrader and in very high demand.

Without seeing it in-person or having a PPI, there is no telling what was wrong with it, especially since someone traded it in to a Mercedes dealer and clearly took an even lower value on their end. I once looked at an 2015 S550 that was listed about $15K below what other dealers were asking for the same specs and mileage... but it was at a non-Mercedes dealer. Looked amazing in the photos and on paper (clean carfax)... in person, however, it was disastrously bad and the $15K discount wasn't even enough to account for how poorly it had been kept. I had low expectations but since it was local, it wasn't a big deal...

It could still have been a great deal but it is much more likely that the price reflected issues that wouldn't show up in a simple parking lot photo.

Old 11-30-2018 | 06:37 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Hello, I have dropped my price to an aggressive new low. Hoping to find this car a new home soon.
2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-manual-trans-black-on-black-in-virginia-34,000 FIRM
Thanks for looking,
Holly
So the deal fell thru? I assume the mileage is the hold up on the sale?
Old 11-30-2018 | 08:49 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LISsailor
If that checks out, which it looks like it does and I stand to be corrected, I feel sick for you! SMOKING DEAL.
That is a good deal! Somebody would pay $55k for that!
Old 11-30-2018 | 08:55 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

The ad had a stock photo because the car had just come in on trade and wasn't detailed yet. The ad went up sunday and I called first thing monday. Salesman sent me pictures of the actual car and everything looked great up until the point where he told me they would not hold the car past month end even with full payment. He said if car didn't sell by month end then they would take a deposit to hold it for me. This was on the 30th. I was unable to get there by the 31st. Car sold that Monday night.

That would have stressed me out! Full payment without time for a PPI? No thanks. It's worth spending a few grand more to get a car that can be inspected. Perhaps it was a good deal, but I learned the hard way with AutoNation. We b bought a "too good of a deal to be true" cab from them 18 months ago. They "went through the car and everything was checked out at their sister Porsche dealer. 30-day warranty if anything is awry...". Yeah right. A new battery was needed, and a piece of trim came off immediately and had to be replaced. They really messed up the brakes somehow. New pads and rotors were needed. I couldn't get the wipers to function either. They wouldn't do a damn thing: the manager basically told me it was his job to deny all repairs and save the company money. We got hooked up with the repairs and the car still cost us $2500 to get running correctly.

Sometimes it is better (and cheaper) to get what you really want at a reasonable price.

As a price check, my friend paid $50k for a 4S build, similar to this, but with 25,000 more miles and in the most popular color combo (meteor over black). So, yeah, the price seems to be around $6k too low. They may have priced it as an "S", not knowing it is a "4S". Carfax doesn't distinguish between the two. But if it needs work or has undisclosed damage....

Old 12-01-2018 | 12:26 AM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LISsailor
I think it's a poor assumption that someone looking for a 997 would opt for a 991, if same miles and price. I, for one, prefer the 997. That car is worth all of $58k as it is a 1-owner, manual, .2 S coupe. Assuming the seller is negotiable from $61 to $58. It is definitely not a $51k car as you are suggesting.

I would love to see the 26k mile .2 cab for $49k. Hard to believe honestly. No offence intended. Unless there are multiple owners, carfax blemishes, and its PDK.

I think people need to keep in mind there is significant value add for Manual, Coupe, and Clean/1-owner cars. To me, each of those criteria add $2.5-5k EACH. A Widebody even more so.
Are you saying this is a great deal? The 11 CAB is a base Carrera 2 clean, two owner 26k mile , PDK, Sports Chrono, full leather, heated vented, NAV, Bi-xenon . 49,000 purchase price from private owner. Clear title, in hand
Old 12-01-2018 | 04:23 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
Are you saying this is a great deal? The 11 CAB is a base Carrera 2 clean, two owner 26k mile , PDK, Sports Chrono, full leather, heated vented, NAV, Bi-xenon . 49,000 purchase price from private owner. Clear title, in hand
Base cab? I got my manual C4 coupe with 31k miles in nearly flawless condition in the spring of 2017 for $45,500. That was with 2 sets of wheels and a free GT3 wing.

I would say the cab price is a little high, IMO. Maybe $46k is reasonable. PDK and cab both negatively affect the value. The price seems reasonable for a C2S cab.
Old 12-01-2018 | 12:17 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Base cab? I got my manual C4 coupe with 31k miles in nearly flawless condition in the spring of 2017 for $45,500. That was with 2 sets of wheels and a free GT3 wing.

I would say the cab price is a little high, IMO. Maybe $46k is reasonable. PDK and cab both negatively affect the value. The price seems reasonable for a C2S cab.
Thant's exactly what I thought. I offered 45k and he shot me down. I came up to 47 and he's dead set at at 49k. The good news is, I want a PDK CAB, but prefer a S model. Something that I'm chewing on with this C2 CAB is since this is a private sale I'll save 2,500 in state sales taxes and no transport costs. So, my gross cost is 49k for a low mile 2011 crispy CAB
Old 12-01-2018 | 02:45 PM
qualified man
AutoX

2011 Porsche 911 S - $50000 in SF Bay Area

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...734658827.html

Not mine.
Old 12-03-2018 | 10:06 AM
cannonball05
Racer

This seems to be a good deal. I don't know the history though. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...w9-AdaajpO3eMA
Old 12-03-2018 | 04:18 PM
Holly
Rennlist Member

Talking sold the car already

Originally Posted by KrazyK
So the deal fell thru? I assume the mileage is the hold up on the sale?
Sorry just seeing this response today. for some reason I was not tagged in the post.

Nope the car has been sold for a couple of weeks now to a very happy person who got a smoking deal on a 911S Manual trans after his PPI checked out.
thanks for following up with me.
Holly
Old 12-03-2018 | 08:34 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

I have a 09 - 997.2 c2s MT (babied with low mileage) but have an eye on a GT3 allocation. The wife does not approve. I haven’t told her about the ADM either. I know what is the sensible thing to do but not what I really want. Classic devil and angel on the shoulder scenario. Any thoughts from sensible Porschephiles?

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)