Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:38 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes 1.3.0 is the latest available version.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by 65sohc
I've had the DSC on my GT350 for a couple of weeks. In Normal mode in straightline driving there is a lot of vertical movement. eg. crossing an intersection with a modest rise followed by a dip makes the front end rise like it's going to get airborne at 40 mph. Would reducing the sensitivity cause the shocks to react more quickly?
Based on your description I think its staying at the minimum damping value during this particular vertical moment. I'd suggest either increasing the minimum damping value(which is labeled as Default Rate in the G Force Table) or like you said to make an adjustment to the Sensitivity to trigger out of the minimum damping value more readily.

You can do one of the following or combination of the following in the G Force Table:
1. Increase Default Rate to 5.0 or 7.5 or to 10.0
2. Decrease Sensitive by 5 or 10.
3. Decrease G Max Rate by 5 or 10.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:14 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Tom, quick sidebar questions:
1. I presume the box I just bought from TunerWorks in Calgary will be the latest sw release?
2. Can I hook my Mac up to make any adjustments or do I need a PC?
Thanks, Doug
Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the_buch
1. I presume the box I just bought from TunerWorks in Calgary will be the latest sw release?
Yes yours have the latest.

Originally Posted by the_buch
2. Can I hook my Mac up to make any adjustments or do I need a PC?
Was designed for PC windows 7 and windows 10. Some people have success using conversion software for Mac but I don't know anything about that.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:26 PM
RJKflyer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW I run DSCTuner on W7 under VMWare Fusion on a Mac, and it's fine.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Croc999
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

A newbie question - when i connect the unit and do "read all" - does it load both Normal and Sport tables?
Old 02-07-2017, 10:56 AM
RJKflyer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Yes.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Croc999
Racer

Installed my unit yesterday and honestly it felt disappointing - Normal mode too soft and wobbly, Sport mode too hard.

So spend 4 hours today reading how to tune it and now after 2 iterations it feels gooooood.
Turns out that settings the unit came with from the TPC where "strange" to say at least...

I'll drive more and see whether further fine tuning is required.
But already this feels super natural

Some questions:
1. My old unit was golden colored, the new unit is white with 997.2 marking on it - is it OK? (my car is 2010 Boxster S)

2. Turning ON a Sport Plus mode of the car now forces Sport mode of the PASM - this didn't happen before and I don't like it - can this be fixed?

Thanks!!!
Gennady
Old 02-10-2017, 05:40 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Croc999
Installed my unit yesterday and honestly it felt disappointing - Normal mode too soft and wobbly, Sport mode too hard.

So spend 4 hours today reading how to tune it and now after 2 iterations it feels gooooood.
Turns out that settings the unit came with from the TPC where "strange" to say at least...

Some questions:
1. My old unit was golden colored, the new unit is white with 997.2 marking on it - is it OK? (my car is 2010 Boxster S)

2. Turning ON a Sport Plus mode of the car now forces Sport mode of the PASM - this didn't happen before and I don't like it - can this be fixed?

Thanks!!!
Gennady
We're sorry you weren't pleased with the stock file, but very glad you were able to achieve the desired effect via tuning! That's a huge part of what makes this product so great - the ability to tune to personal preference and vehicle setup.

To answer your questions...

1. Yes, 997/987 file is the same

2. It should behave just as it would with the factory controller. If it does not, please record a brief video of the control behavior when the stock unit is connected, followed by one with the DSC controller and clearly indicate which is which.

Thank you,

Jordan
Old 02-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Croc999

Sorry to hear the mapping wasn't to your liking right out of the box. My guess is you had the map with 1% Default Rate in Normal mode. Our Calibrator likes the 1% Default Rate, but I'm with you, on the 987.2 Boxster my preference is 10% Default Rate in Normal mode with Sensitivity at 15-17, and G Rate Max at 25.

I'll work with Jordan to get more maps posted on the DSC Sport website for personal preferences.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

When you press Sport + it will put the suspension into sport mode. You can press the separate PASM button again to keep the more sensitive throttle mapping and less restrictive stability settings, while going back to the normal suspension setting.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Croc999
Racer

Originally Posted by Petza914
When you press Sport + it will put the suspension into sport mode. You can press the separate PASM button again to keep the more sensitive throttle mapping and less restrictive stability settings, while going back to the normal suspension setting.
Yes - this is what I expect. Now pressing PASM button doesn't turn OFF suspension sport mode.
I will record the video as Jordan have asked.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:49 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Tom - I received my DSC box for my 2011 GTS the other day, installed it and have driven it a little - weather is not conducive to really testing it but I have a question for you. My GTS has the sport suspension (lowered 20 cm from normal ride height). I am wondering if you have a special set of settings for this model. When I ordered the unit I indicated it was a GTS but I did not say it had sport suspension. Any guidance will be appreciated. Cheers
Old 02-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscheralph
Hi Tom - I received my DSC box for my 2011 GTS the other day, installed it and have driven it a little - weather is not conducive to really testing it but I have a question for you. My GTS has the sport suspension (lowered 20 cm from normal ride height). I am wondering if you have a special set of settings for this model. When I ordered the unit I indicated it was a GTS but I did not say it had sport suspension. Any guidance will be appreciated. Cheers
The map that came with your DSC box is very good for All 997's. Big improvement over stock PASM. I'd recommend driving more to get a feel of it before making a change. I do have a 5% stiffer and more sensitive map that I made for a local GTS owner to his personal preference. Happy to share the map via email. tchan@tpcracing.com

Some drivers like the 5% stiffer while other don't. Its personal preference. I'll work with Jordan next week to get custom maps posted on DSC Sport website. www.dscsport.com
Old 02-11-2017, 01:19 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Tom, is that custom GTS map for the Comfort or Sport setting?

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread