Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Since a couple of you asked:

Since a couple of you asked. Please find a couple more pictures of my car with the newly added Ducktail spoiler and upper valence. I have no idea what brand the spoiler is but the upper valence is an OEM Porsche part. I purchased it from a GTS that was featured on the HRE wheel web site. I thought it was a Getty Design when I purchased it through a classified ad in the Rennlist classified, but when I compared it to another car with the Getty Sport rear it had a lot of differences including some kind of relay that I have no idea what it plugs into or does and the LED and harness it came with have Porsche part numbers.

Cheers

Last edited by Kuhl997.2!; 09-19-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: add pictures
Old 09-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
Since a couple of you asked. Please find a couple more pictures of my car with the newly added Ducktail spoiler and upper valence. I have no idea what brand the spoiler is but the upper valence is an OEM Porsche part. I purchased it from a GTS that was featured on the HRE wheel web site. I thought it was a Getty Design when I purchased it through a classified ad in the Rennlist classified, but when I compared it to another car with the Getty Sport rear it had a lot of differences including some kind of relay that I have no idea what it plugs into or does and the LED and harness it came with have Porsche part numbers.

Cheers

Thanks interesting. I was looking at that duck tail when that dealer, who took that GTS in on trade, listed it on eBay. I believe Getty makes two versions of the duck tail. One is a replica of the Sport Classic tail; I think that's the one you have? That's the only one I'd consider. Looks more upright, and "correct," IMO. I'm sure most, if not all, use the OEM wiring harness, etc. Btw, it's interesting to see a 997.2 with Lobster Fork wheels. I've always liked them, in isolation. I think they're very Germanic and industrial, kind of like the old school Cookie Cutters. Gives your car a unique feel. Nice photos, too. I'm keeping exterior mods to a minimum on my car (I've even taken off the LED side markers I recently tried, to keep it even more OEM+ looking), but I still think about adding a SC style duck tail from time to time. They just look right. Very cool!
Old 09-19-2015, 07:03 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
Since a couple of you asked. Please find a couple more pictures of my car with the newly added Ducktail spoiler and upper valence. I have no idea what brand the spoiler is but the upper valence is an OEM Porsche part. I purchased it from a GTS that was featured on the HRE wheel web site. I thought it was a Getty Design when I purchased it through a classified ad from the Rennlist's classified ads, but when I compared it to another car with a Getty Sport rear it had a lot of differences including some kind of relay that I have no idea what it plugs into or does and the LED and harness it came with have Porsche part numbers on them.

Cheers
Look great!! Thanks for posting more pics.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:23 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hit up some twisties.

Old 09-20-2015, 03:34 AM
Chowbow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st post here...

No pics yet, because I just paid for the car today. Waiting for it to get transported here to CA. 2009 C4S - can't wait! First Porsche, coming from a BMW family.

Also ordered springs, clear corners, and spacers. Will get to putting the parts on when it arrives!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default What did you do to your 997 today?

Originally Posted by Chowbow
1st post here...

No pics yet, because I just paid for the car today. Waiting for it to get transported here to CA. 2009 C4S - can't wait! First Porsche, coming from a BMW family.

Also ordered springs, clear corners, and spacers. Will get to putting the parts on when it arrives!
Congrats on the new Porsche. Color?
T
Old 09-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Chowbow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Congrats on the new Porsche. Color? T
Thanks! Basalt black exterior. Terracotta / black interior.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:57 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default What did you do to your 997 today?

Originally Posted by Chowbow
Thanks! Basalt black exterior. Terracotta / black interior.
Sounds great. Def gonna need to post pics of that baby when it arrives...T
Old 09-20-2015, 10:26 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts

Did a quick photoshoot after some detailing...

Old 09-20-2015, 11:56 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by EMC2
Did a quick photoshoot after some detailing.
Looks great. What wax did you use?
Old 09-21-2015, 12:59 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
Looks great. What wax did you use?
Have you tried Menzerna Power Lock from Germany? It did some kind of magic on the GT Silver paint on my C2S. So deep and lustrous. Haven't tried it on my Carrara White car yet, but I'm looking forward to sealing it too, when I find the time. ;-)

Did a quick photoshoot after some detailing...

They both look amazing! Love the PGTS. ;-)
Old 09-21-2015, 03:51 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 380 Likes on 247 Posts

Trying to dial in my car to make it mine. Got the Dension all in. Works great. Now in the middle of the "Budget Speaker Upgrade" over on 6speed. Did the Bose rear subs yesterday, today the tweeters and drivers door. Tomorrow hope to finish the front and mock up something for the rear speakers. Blown 8" drivers sub started me down this road.

Then have some parts at the local store to pick up. Pen holder clip replacement, frunk liner, wheel bags, wheel hanger.

Leatherique came in to touch up the shifter boot, seats and steering wheel.

Now just need to find a set of Carrera II wheels and get a front clear bra installed.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:07 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
Have you tried Menzerna Power Lock from Germany? It did some kind of magic on the GT Silver paint on my C2S. So deep and lustrous. Haven't tried it on my Carrara White car yet, but I'm looking forward to sealing it too, when I find the time. ;-)

They both look amazing! Love the PGTS. ;-)

Thanks Guys.

Having owned primarily black cars I switched to Blackfire products a few years back as I've found nothing that is as user friendly for black cars, and certainly nothing that provides as much of a really deep black finish. What I mean is that there are many products that provide a highly reflective finish (which some people like / personal preference), but Blackfire provides a much deeper and richer black (difficult to describe, but here is a nice pic)

Old 09-21-2015, 11:36 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 766 Posts

Thanks Guys.

Having owned primarily black cars I switched to Blackfire products a few years back as I've found nothing that is as user friendly for black cars, and certainly nothing that provides as much of a really deep black finish. What I mean is that there are many products that provide a highly reflective finish (which some people like / personal preference), but Blackfire provides a much deeper and richer black (difficult to describe, but here is a nice pic)

Just curious and willing to ask what may very well be a stupid question ... what happens if you use Blackfire on a Midnight Blue car? Mine is a DD that sees many miles of Highway 101 construction zones each day. Needless to say, I have one or two chips on the hood that expose the white primer underneath! So I have debated options ... I am not looking at a permanent repair until after construction is "complete" at the end of next year. So I am debating the temporary band aid. Will this help hide the primer?
Old 09-22-2015, 03:43 AM
Supermode
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Took her to the Cubs game!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?