Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 01:35 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
Bilstein PASMs.
Damn! Thats even better.

If you dont mind, after you have had some real time with it, please do a review. To me, that seems like the ultimate street setup, so I am looking forward to hearing what you think of it with the Bilstein and the TPC.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:48 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by halo777

Damn! Thats even better.

If you dont mind, after you have had some real time with it, please do a review. To me, that seems like the ultimate street setup, so I am looking forward to hearing what you think of it with the Bilstein and the TPC.
I'll second that request. TPC has my attention, especially on the anti dive. I'm also interested in whether this cuts back on the rear end side loading as you enter a fast transition curve.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:45 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by better late than never
I took my neighbor with me on my favorite 4 mile lap that I do to exercise my cars. I was trying to steer him into a Carrera S but he is the Cayman S on his mind. He just sold his 78 to a guy in Norway and want something more modern. He was very very impressed.
You are a good friend!
T
Old 03-31-2015, 09:43 AM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by halo777
Damn! Thats even better.

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
I'll second that request. TPC has my attention, especially on the anti dive. I'm also interested in whether this cuts back on the rear end side loading as you enter a fast transition curve.

I'll make a separate post about my impressions but you can do a google search on 997 TPC DSC and get extensive reviews from both rennlist and 6speed.
Most of those posts seem to be in the Turbo forum. The install, even with the additional accelerometer needed for my 997.1 car is very easy. You don't need to remove anything to swap the PASM/DSC modules and removing the Bose subwoofer to get to the ECU takes about 5 minutes. Tom@DSC sent me instructions and pics before I purchased and gave me pointers on pulling the Bose sub when I ordered.

In short, the DSC fixed the harshness of PASM/Bilstein combo. Mode 1 is fantastic on the street. Mode 2 is good for twisties and Mode 3 isn't abusive like my unusuable PASM-engaged setting but it is too firm for all but the smoothest roads or the track. All of the DSC modes fixed the feeling that I had that sometimes the car had a mind of it's own.

If/when TPC releases software to the end user, you'll be able to tell which shock has failed (now something you have to send your DSC into TPC to determine) and be able to program custom settings and monitor in real time.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:45 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
You are a good friend!
T
If his friend gets a 911, I'll bet his friend's wife won't think he is such a good friend!
Old 03-31-2015, 02:58 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
If his friend gets a 911, I'll bet his friend's wife won't think he is such a good friend!
Ya got me on that one.
T
Old 03-31-2015, 03:00 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Not today, but I gassed up on Sunday, and the Porker needed this much gas. I thought it was cool. Next time, I am going to see if I can dose in 9.972 gallons….T

Old 03-31-2015, 04:58 PM
mwolfe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Removed my winter wheels/tires. Washed them.
Washed, waxed (twice) my summer wheels
Puts the summers back on.
Test drive-->perfect.

Did Utkinpol's DRL hack with the diode--cool. Real driving lights without the main headlights on.

LED parking light replacement (2 weeks ago). Awesome.

SHORT TERM PLANS:
This weekend I will replace my taillights with the LEDs.
Exterior detail--I was toying with doing this myself, but I found a shop that can do a full exterior detail for $250 (I was expecting $350-400)
Old 03-31-2015, 10:21 PM
SJP3003
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Today I finished Leatheriquing my new-to-me manual Sports Seats and touching up a couple of tiny scratches with filler and Scratchwizard touch up paint. Installation is scheduled for next week, together with other interior mods.

New-to-me Sports Seats

Leatherique and Scratchwizard Sand Beige touch up paint
Old 03-31-2015, 11:38 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
I'll make a separate post about my impressions but you can do a google search on 997 TPC DSC and get extensive reviews from both rennlist and 6speed.
Most of those posts seem to be in the Turbo forum. The install, even with the additional accelerometer needed for my 997.1 car is very easy. You don't need to remove anything to swap the PASM/DSC modules and removing the Bose subwoofer to get to the ECU takes about 5 minutes. Tom@DSC sent me instructions and pics before I purchased and gave me pointers on pulling the Bose sub when I ordered.

In short, the DSC fixed the harshness of PASM/Bilstein combo. Mode 1 is fantastic on the street. Mode 2 is good for twisties and Mode 3 isn't abusive like my unusuable PASM-engaged setting but it is too firm for all but the smoothest roads or the track. All of the DSC modes fixed the feeling that I had that sometimes the car had a mind of it's own.

If/when TPC releases software to the end user, you'll be able to tell which shock has failed (now something you have to send your DSC into TPC to determine) and be able to program custom settings and monitor in real time.
Very cool!

Wayne, if you havent seen it already, there is a video on the TPC website of a DSC equipped car in action with a totally biased, but informative, review

I really wanted the Bilstien w/ PASM plus the DSC. But, I think what Ill try is the DSC plus Eibach lowering springs. I am hoping that I may be able to skip the expensive Bilstiens in this configuration.

If the DSC module can let you know when a shock goes bad, that would be of great value in this setup, since blowing out the shocks prematurely is something that concerned me by going with lowering springs. At least if I can do a test, then Ill be able to track how long they last after the spring install. Very useful.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:57 PM
jets
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Techart Type I Kit.

Name:  20150331_11_zpsrnktke53.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  293.9 KB

Name:  20150331_06_zpscpwb86vi.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  321.5 KB
Old 04-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jets - that's beautiful. And by far my favorite wheels.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 240 Likes on 149 Posts

My BMC airfilter and FVD programmer arrived yesterday, waiting for the FVD mufflers...then oil change and get them put on. I need to go get a new Surface laptop so that I can use the hand tuner and get the existing ECU file from car, send it to FVD, have them do the new file, and reload that into the ECU.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:03 AM
jets
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Chip
Jets - that's beautiful. And by far my favorite wheels.
Thank you! Sometimes I wish they were the titanium coloured ones. Maybe down the road I'll darken them a bit!
Old 04-01-2015, 08:28 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Baby needed new shoes! Michelin Pilot Super Sports and a four-wheel alignment. Car drives even better than before. Loving this car even more now, if that's possible. Can't wait for next PCA driving event...T

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?