What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EMC2
EDIT.
Ten Years Great pics! It must have been tough letting the C2S go, but I'm sure the GTS made it a lot easier . Please do post more pics once the interior is installed. It looks like a great combination of colors and textures.
Thanks, E. Yeah, it would've been great to keep both, but I'm not one for redundancies. The GTS is just so great, in every way. Selling the C2S has suddenly reignited my interest in the older cars, and I've started to search for a fixer-upper 993. I think that would be a pretty well balanced brace of Porsches. I'll try and post some interior shots soon. You're right, there's a fun balance of textures and colors going on in there now, especially as the painted console so nicely complements the factory painted sport seat backs. Cheers.

Last edited by Ten Years; 07-26-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Bryan16
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dalancroft
They do look sweet! Now you've just gotta snap those clear corners in.
Thanks guys.

What do you mean about clear corners? I'm in the dark on this.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:12 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default What did you do to your 997 today?

Discovered a new road on my Sunday morning drive. New to me, that is. Tree lined and relatively cool at 8 AM. No police. Little traffic...T
Old 07-28-2015, 12:54 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 575 Likes on 344 Posts

nice stance.

Originally Posted by Bryan16
Got my new wheels installed. Pretty darn happy with how the Legarra HRTs look.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:54 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

stunning rides. love your new gts.

Originally Posted by Ten Years
This past week, I got my GT Silver 997.2 C2S ready for its new owner. After buying it, he immediately hit the road and drove it from here in SoCal to its new home in Utah. I tried to get him to join up here, but haven't seen him around yet. I hope to see more of the car in the future, as it was really cherished and cared for, by me. I miss it dearly, already.

It was great having both the C2S and the new Carrara White GTS together at the same time, for the last several months. It was fun to go for a spirited drive in one, and then jump in the other. They definitely drive differently; the narrow body C2S dances and feels more lively, whereas the wide body GTS hunkers down and just carves through sweepers with an added sure-footedness. The GTS also howls and wails up high in a way the C2S does not. Both are very entertaining cars.

The last shot of them together:

Looking ready for the long trip. Carrara White is a thick, warm and radiant color, but it's no GT Silver:

On the outside, one of the very few things I've done to the GTS so far, is to change out the standard silver center caps and center lock nuts for the OEM black nuts and caps. I think they really help to clean up the look:

Also, it took several months and a decent chunk of change and time, but I finally have the interior set up exactly as I want it. I'll try and get some decent photos of the interior soon. Here are a few of the interior components I've added to the already very nice GTS interior:

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:49 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
stunning rides. love your new gts.
Thank you very much!

The interior was already very nice when I bought it, as the car was specced with many nice options, such as factory Carrara White painted seat backs, Carrara White dials (as opposed to black or silver), etc. I've since added a lot of upgraded parts, some OEM, and some from known and respected aftermarket suppliers. I'm basically an OEM+ kind of modder, so I've tried to keep it pretty simple. I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. I've almost replaced all of the standard plastic parts with either genuine Alcantara, leather, or carbon fiber.

The little blue highlights are my subtle homage to one of my favorite Porsche colors, Mexico Blue (or is it Riviera Blue?). One of those two.

Love the crests! Added to these, a third crest, on the center console lid.

Custom Lloyd Ultimats. I really like the white binding; reminds me of the Sport Classic mats. They really help to brighten up the whole car, just the right amount, IMO:

LOVE the new Alcantara lower dash and misc. pieces. I actually did the steering column housing and dash end plates (as well as some other small trim pieces) myself:

All the CF pieces really help to elevate the feel, overall:

Bright CW dials:

Love the new dash cam:

Old style OEM 997 Porsche umbrella. Found a NOS example. Quite pricey now, if you can find one, but worth the extra $$, IMO:

Did the little cubby in Alcantara, too. I like the fuzzy, next to the other textures, here:

Thanks for reading. Please PM me here if you have any questions about suppliers, etc.

Last edited by Ten Years; 07-28-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:34 AM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Very nicely done...T
Old 07-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Very nicely done...T
Thanks! It was a lot of fun to take it all apart, and to learn to put everything back together properly. I love the feeling of knowing you made every connection perfectly, and that every single screw is properly tightened.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:50 AM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats looks fantastic.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:49 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

BEAUTIFUL interior. stunning inside and out!

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to take it all apart, and to learn to put everything back together properly. I love the feeling of knowing you made every connection perfectly, and that every single screw is properly tightened.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Lovely, I really like the blue accents!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SJP3003
Congrats looks fantastic.
Originally Posted by myw
BEAUTIFUL interior. stunning inside and out!
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Lovely, I really like the blue accents!
Thanks, guys. I really love the interiors on these cars. There's an old-school openness and linearity about them. To me, a 911's dash should feel like it stretches from door to door. ;-)

Last edited by Ten Years; 07-28-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

Astonished!!! Very nice!
Old 07-29-2015, 01:57 AM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts

Thank you very much! The interior was already very nice when I bought it, as the car was specced with many nice options, such as factory Carrara White painted seat backs, Carrara White dials (as opposed to black or silver), etc. I've since added a lot of upgraded parts, some OEM, and some from known and respected aftermarket suppliers. I'm basically an OEM+ kind of modder, so I've tried to keep it pretty simple. I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. I've almost replaced all of the standard plastic parts with either genuine Alcantara, leather, or carbon fiber. The little blue highlights are my subtle homage to one of my favorite Porsche colors, Mexico Blue (or is it Riviera Blue?). One of those two. Love the crests! Added to these, a third crest, on the center console lid. Custom Lloyd Ultimats. I really like the white binding; reminds me of the Sport Classic mats. They really help to brighten up the whole car, just the right amount, IMO: LOVE the new Alcantara lower dash and misc. pieces. I actually did the steering column housing and dash end plates (as well as some other small trim pieces) myself: All the CF pieces really help to elevate the feel, overall: Bright white dials: Love the new dash cam: Old style OEM 997 Porsche umbrella. Found a NOS example. Quite pricey now, if you can find one, but worth the extra $$, IMO: Did the little cubby in Alcantara, too. I like the fuzzy, next to the other textures, here: Thanks for reading. Please PM me here if you have any questions about suppliers, etc.
That interior scores a solid 10, Ten Years
Beautifully put together!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:18 AM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys. I really love the interiors on these cars. There's an old-school openness and linearity about them. To me, a 911's dash should feel like it stretches from door to door. ;-)
Agreed. I just love admiring the leather dash on my 911 when I'm cruising around. And, for friends who have the deviated stitching, that just looks so classy to me...T

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?