Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Badged as Cayenne S but has 3.0L engine??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2024, 01:54 PM
Alnitak
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Badged as Cayenne S but has 3.0L engine??

Guess I've been had. The car is badged as Cayenne S in the rear under Porsche, but it doesn't have the twin turbo 2.9L engine. What the heck happened??

Wish I had discovered this before I bought it. Did they just badge it as S since it has the Spyder 21" wheels and Premium Package??
Old 07-12-2024, 01:56 PM
Arione
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alnitak
Guess I've been had. The car is badged as Cayenne S in the rear under Porsche, but it doesn't have the twin turbo 2.9L engine. What the heck happened??

Wish I had discovered this before I bought it. Did they just badge it as S since it has the Spyder 21" wheels and Premium Package??
did you not review the car information before purchase? So many people upbadge their Porsches so they dont look poor. Use the vinanalytics decoder to see what you really have.
The following users liked this post:
Scorponok (Yesterday)
Old 07-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Alnitak
AutoX

Got the vinanalytics after purchasing...shame on me. F%@k!!
Scorponok (Yesterday)
Old 07-12-2024, 02:10 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Arione
did you not review the car information before purchase? So many people upbadge their Porsches so they dont look poor. Use the vinanalytics decoder to see what you really have.
"Don't look poor" While driving a Porsche is wild
Palantir (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 02:15 PM
Arione
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shuga
"Don't look poor" While driving a Porsche is wild
Guess it depends on your location. a 944 in nebraska probably makes you look like an arab prince. In Hawaii or California, a base makes it seem like you rent your suits.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:15 PM
Alnitak
AutoX

Can't believe the dealer didn't tell me of the discrepancy. Doesn't surprise me since it was originally leased in NJ/NY. First car purchased for myself in 22 tears, and first Porsche (at 70 years old)...sure blew that. Guess will be looking to turn it around and try to get close what I paid for it.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:49 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,209 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Can't believe the dealer didn't tell me of the discrepancy. Doesn't surprise me since it was originally leased in NJ/NY. First car purchased for myself in 22 tears, and first Porsche (at 70 years old)...sure blew that. Guess will be looking to turn it around and try to get close what I paid for it.
If the dealer sold it to you as an S, then clearly they fraudulently presented and sold the car to you.

On your retail buyer's order, does it state that the car is a Cayenne S?

88 951S (Yesterday)
Old 07-12-2024, 02:59 PM
powerwheels
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@Alnitak time for you to have a conversation with the dealer and possibly seek legal counsel.
Old 07-12-2024, 03:00 PM
Alnitak
AutoX

Nope...I am the idiot here. I assumed that the badging was from factory, never considered up-badging was a thing aftermarket. Just assumed since "S" was a "trim" option, it was like leather seats, color, etc. and not specified. Only "Cayenne" on contract.
That's what I get for being excited about finding it close to me and with only 24k miles, I didn't do my due diligence. Live and learn...
Now on the hunt for a real S model.
Old 07-12-2024, 03:10 PM
Arione
Instructor

Nope...I am the idiot here. I assumed that the badging was from factory, never considered up-badging was a thing aftermarket. Just assumed since "S" was a "trim" option, it was like leather seats, color, etc. and not specified. Only "Cayenne" on contract.
That's what I get for being excited about finding it close to me and with only 24k miles, I didn't do my due diligence. Live and learn...
Now on the hunt for a real S model.
Honestly given they didnt mention the discrepancy or remove the badge I feel like you still have a case here.
Old 07-12-2024, 03:25 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman88
If the dealer sold it to you as an S, then clearly they fraudulently presented and sold the car to you.

On your retail buyer's order, does it state that the car is a Cayenne S?
That's really stinks. I just looked at my purchase paperwork and there are very few references to the model trim. Almost everything says "Cayenne".
I can see how casual observers of the the brand/vehicle can be misled.

You also probably paid an S price for a base Hopefully it has the options you wanted.
Old 07-12-2024, 03:42 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

From now on run the vin numbers here, It'll tell you the options and trim level https://vinanalytics.com/
The following 2 users liked this post by Shuga:
MAXFPS (Yesterday), Scorponok (Yesterday)
Old 07-12-2024, 03:43 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arione
Guess it depends on your location. a 944 in nebraska probably makes you look like an arab prince. In Hawaii or California, a base makes it seem like you rent your suits.
A 944 in Cali might make you look like a silicon valley tech billionaire. You can never tell out in CA.
Old 07-12-2024, 03:48 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

I'm assuming this wasn't a Porsche dealer? The dealer must have known that there is a "Cayenne S" on the back. If you are unfamiliar with the brand, you wouldn't know that the digital instrument panel "wakeup" shows the model vehicle you are driving. After all, they are all Cayenne's. Have you had a talk with the dealer? Was the price you paid what you'd expect for a Cayenne Base or Cayenne S?
Old 07-12-2024, 03:49 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

How was this advertised online? As an S or as a Cayenne?

Quick Reply: Badged as Cayenne S but has 3.0L engine??