Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing my Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear of your situation. There are many people going through what you are during this terrible meltdown.

Try to remember that things will eventually get better, and you may get another Porsche one day. Heck, I didn't get my first one until in my 60's, so you have lots of time left. Hang on to the happy memories of your current car, and look forward to the day when you'll own another one.

Best of luck to you in what must be very trying times. It would be wonderful if someone here knew someone who wanted to take over the lease.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:01 AM
westlaker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hang in there Deanski. Thinks will get better.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:39 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,026 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
I was going to roll the remaining costs into a refi of the mortgage seeing I have a boat-load of equity
Why refi instead of an equity line? The interest is higher for the equity line but the process is so much easier on the soul, especially if your credit is shot. Don't know what your lease payments are but assuming around $1,500/mo. all you need is about $20K to buy you 12 months. Things could be a lot different a year from now.

If you really do have a "boatload" of equity in your house, getting $20K should not be impossible even with crappy credit.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Sadiq
Pro

**** man. so sorry to hear it. My gf (now ex-gf) was getting depressed over the job situation too and was pressuring me to sell my car to support her. instead, i dropped her. I can see where you're coming from on that front, and fully realize that "dropping" a wife is not an option - it was a cop-out for me as it was.

Anyway, if you end up surrendering it, that just means you'll get one later. Sucks, but keep your chin up.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Deanski, really hate to hear this. You can always get another Porsche when things get better...I know that does not help now but it's the truth. This could happen to any of us so don't beat yourself up over this.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would pick my relationship over a car..any car..anytime... you sound a bit childish writing that you forget all your problems when driving your P-car....sorry but it is just a car.. it is like saying that when I shoot myself up with heroin I forget everything..but than you come down from your high all problems are still there...when you get back with you car all problems are still there and will not go away until you take care of them....bring the car back and get another one when things pick up again....and they will. BUT it is your life and I hope that others on this forum can help you out with financial advice...

I am not trying to be an a hol and telling you that you are living above your means....or anything like that and I know how women can be (got one) but just saying bring back your beloved P and get another one when the time it right again....goodluck..don't jeopardize your home!!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deanski, hopefully this is just a bump in the road for you. There will be plenty of opportunities to pick up another Porsche down the road...maybe even one with an OEM Aero Kit. Keep moving forward and things will eventually work out for you. Take care.

ps. Please pm me if you want to sell your indoor cover...thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Deanski, so sorry to hear of your current and temporary position, and I know you're tired of hearing you can always get another one. But it's true and the new one will build on the good times and memories you had with this one. Plus by letting the car go you might have additional peace at home and that could be priceless. Good Luck.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:48 AM
saltydawg
Advanced

Very sorry to hear about your situation. These are very difficult economic times indeed.

My advice would be to forget the car. Get your financial situation straightened out and in the meantime be thinking about your next car. In fact, in a year or so you will be likely able to get a similarly equipped car back again for a lot less cash. While I don't know your full situation, I suspect this is just a temporary bump in the road for you. It will improve with hard work and diligence. Best of luck.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Deanski - very sorry to hear of your situation. As you know, you are not alone - even on this board you have soulmates. Nicolass is right though. You need to take stock of what's really important at this point, and believe me, it isn't your car. Losing your Porsche is just a reminder of the other negatives hitting you all at once. Nothing is more important than your health and your relationships. You didn't say whether you were working or not, just that your wife is out of work. If your job situation is secure, that's obviously a real plus. Things will improve and your wife will land another job as well. In the meantime, as others have stated, another P-car will be there when you're ready for it. You wouldn't believe the number of my patients who are out of work, have no health insurance and can't even afford to bring their kids in for sick visits, let alone routine checkups. Very scary. That versus your car issues sort of puts it in perspective.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:19 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So sorry to hear about your troubles. As many have already said, it's just a car - a material thing that really doesn't matter. As long as you have your health, your wife, and a place to live, then you have just what you need to live another day and survive this economy. When things get better there will be plenty of opportunities to enjoy the Porsche brand again.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

yes, things are bad that's for sure. Things could be worse, but this does rank up there for me as it is.

I'm looking into whatever options I can do to resolve this, but running out of time.

Hopefully, I can find a way, if not, I have to find someone who may want a very nice C2S with factory Aero, PCCB's etc for little seeing I did the most of the outlay in cash.

Deanski
Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
you sound a bit childish writing that you forget all your problems when driving your P-car....sorry but it is just a car.. it is like saying that when I shoot myself up with heroin I forget everything..but than you come down from your high all problems are still there...when you get back with you car all problems are still there and will not go away until you take care of them...
This could quite possibly be the most ridiculous post Ive ever read on the 997 forum. WTF. deanski will be fine without someone tellin him hes childish and equating heroin with drivin a nice car to relax and forget the days problems.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
bave
Advanced

Easy points...

I think he was talking to Sadiq and not Deanski. I don't think anyone here is saying Deanski is doing anything wrong. Honestly he is doing the responsible thing. Tough times, wife is out of work, and that means sacrafices get made to improve life in the more important areas. These cars are toys and hobbies, don't lose focus on that.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by bave
Easy points...

Honestly he is doing the responsible thing. Tough times, wife is out of work, and that means sacrafices get made to improve life in the more important areas.
Now thats a mature comment. Ya gotta feel for the guy.

Quick Reply: Loosing my Porsche