Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who sells full leather consoles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 08:56 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 653 Likes on 310 Posts
Default Who sells full leather consoles?

I'm looking for a gently used one, but may be open to a new one.

Not interested in Exclusive Option or Classic 9 at the moment.

As posted here: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1280872

I know a few people recently seem to have posted about buying some - curious about where from, cost, experience.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
frybear (12-13-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 09:19 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by hexagone
I'm looking for a gently used one, but may be open to a new one.

Not interested in Exclusive Option or Classic 9 at the moment.

As posted here: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1280872

I know a few people recently seem to have posted about buying some - curious about where from, cost, experience.

Thanks.
recent thread here about an eBay broker (heavy-smash-salvage-lp) out of Lithuania. Was 1900 for full console including the pdk surround in leather.

Just ordered a 991.2 leather airbag for $650.

sergiDA (01-07-2022)
Old 12-12-2021, 11:39 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 653 Likes on 310 Posts

Anyone familiar with this seller?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11264959112...0AAOSw4A5YpJU2

Old 12-13-2021, 12:13 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 300 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by hexagone
I bought some door pulls and light/ignition switch. I’d give them a b-, but I guess that’s to be expected given how much cheaper they are than the likes of macarbon etc.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:18 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

I bought mine from Ebay member heavy-smash-salvage-lp from Lithuania. The one I got was an OEM console from a wrecked car and the debossed armrest cover is a re-wrapped cover. I think he sells re-wrapped consoles as well but like you, I like the OEM ones better. I searched hard for a leather console for over 6 years and the result make it all worthwhile This unit is his current Ebay offering: https://www.ebay.com/itm/22473706058...kAAOSwxnVhQsOO . This is for a Targa so there is a hole for the Targa roof switch. The leather seems to be re-wrapped.

The Console came with debossed Porsche logo on the leather armrest cover. I am not sure if it is OEM as the orientation seems reversed. But the leather is high quality in feel, the color matches, and the debossing is clear and sharp.
The following 2 users liked this post by speedracerf4i:
frybear (12-13-2021), myw (12-20-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 06:05 PM
frybear
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 135 Posts

ok, I'm one of the guinea pigs on the leather console from heavy smash on ebay. I emailed him through ebay and then got his actual email and went back and forth with him over exactly what I wanted. I thought I put some pics here on Rennlist but you can also search my name David Freidberg on the 997 enthusiasts page on facebook. So... I ended up getting the full leather console from Lev (heavy smash guy) - it's not just the console mind you, which is why in my opinion, much better deal than exclusive option or whatever the other company is called and definitely better than suncoast.
Mine came with the leather console...and...the embossed console cubby lid...and...an entire e-brake mechanism with leather handle and banana...and... gear shifter **** and boot...and...the silver trim piece ... and...the leather piece that goes under that wrapped in leather (the trim that goes kind of under the center stack). Ashtray and that piece under the e-brake were also covered in leather. I can tell you this much - it's amazing. Now, was it BRAND NEW? I don't think so. What I think he does, give the condition of the pieces I received, is takes the console etc. out of wrecked or salvage cars and completely recovers them with new leather. Mine was PERFECT! Not a scratch or nick on it. I also ordered the side pieces for the stereo stack in leather. The console was $1700 shipped and the side pieces I think were $350 - including shipping and I got them in about 4 days from Latvia. Not a single broken tab. I highly recommend going through him. And the leather is great quality. Friend has a 997 with full leather and mine looks nicer than his, probably due to age but the leather on mine feels nicer.
Tell him exactly what you want - if you have a cab or targa, PDK or manual and whether you have the airbag light (I do not which is nice). I've heard that if do have the airbag light, do not put the key in the ignition or maybe don't turn it, unless the console is connected otherwise you get an error that the dealer has to fix.

Not

Last edited by frybear; 12-13-2021 at 06:11 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by frybear:
Darkboyz68 (02-03-2022), davismt55 (01-10-2022), irnnr (06-05-2022), myw (12-20-2021), speedracerf4i (12-13-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 06:45 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Originally Posted by frybear
ok, The console was $1700 shipped and the side pieces I think were $350 - including shipping and I got them in about 4 days from Latvia. Not a single broken tab. I highly recommend going through him. And the leather is great quality. Friend has a 997 with full leather and mine looks nicer than his, probably due to age but the leather on mine feels nicer.
Tell him exactly what you want - if you have a cab or targa, PDK or manual and whether you have the airbag light (I do not which is nice). I've heard that if do have the airbag light, do not put the key in the ignition or maybe don't turn it, unless the console is connected otherwise you get an error that the dealer has to fix.

Not
$2,050 for all that is just an amazing value. My armrest cover from Lev did not come with deviated stitching like yours which was a bummer. But it was new and the leather quality was really nice. Mine also came with the leather extended rear cubby hole (coupe only).

Last edited by speedracerf4i; 12-13-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:52 PM
frybear
Pro

Originally Posted by speedracerf4i
$2,050 for all that is just an amazing value.
i agree. And I no longer have to deal with that rubberized paint crap! I also used oven cleaner in my inner door sill for a few hours soaking. Then scrubbed all the crap off with the scratchy side of a kitchen sponge. Then used C4 Gtechniq on it and it looks like new!
Old 12-13-2021, 08:45 PM
Durling21
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Can’t wait to do this come next summer! Maybe we should stop posting in the thread so there will be consoles available by then. 😂

Last edited by Durling21; 12-13-2021 at 08:59 PM.
frybear (12-13-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 08:52 PM
frybear
Pro

Originally Posted by Durling21
Can’t wait to do this come next summer! Maybe we should stop posting in the thread so there will be consoles available by then? 😂
hah! he seems to get cars pretty regularly...maybe they're stealing them in St. Petersburg and shipping them to Latvia... he says he can also get any other piece you want. I want the window buttons trim in leather but I ain't taking off the door cards...
Old 12-13-2021, 08:53 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

hah! he seems to get cars pretty regularly...maybe they're stealing them in St. Petersburg and shipping them to Latvia... he says he can also get any other piece you want. I want the window buttons trim in leather but I ain't taking off the door cards...
It’s easy to do. Have done it twice now. Once to replace with plastic. Then to upgrade to leather.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:56 PM
frybear
Pro

Originally Posted by kellen
It’s easy to do. Have done it twice now. Once to replace with plastic. Then to upgrade to leather.
Don't the tabs break off and you have to fix them? That's what I thought I heard. Someone even said something about melting something...not kidding either...
Old 12-14-2021, 12:51 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Don't the tabs break off and you have to fix them? That's what I thought I heard. Someone even said something about melting something...not kidding either...
Some plastic tabs may break even if you're careful. Just buy a few of them (I broke 2) just in case as they are really cheap. The window switch spears are held in place by non-removable means, so you'll have to use a soldering gun, the one with pointy tips, to burn the tabs off to release the trim (see the 3 untouched tabs right below the screws). Then you can use screws to put the new trim back. There is one tab under a revolving mechanism that you still must use the melting-tab method due to clearance (see the picture below, right-most smeared tab). The end result will be worth your while.

The driver's door spear looks fantastic and the switches works perfectly.

Last edited by speedracerf4i; 12-14-2021 at 12:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by speedracerf4i:
frybear (12-14-2021), myw (02-26-2022)
Old 12-14-2021, 02:45 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerf4i
Some plastic tabs may break even if you're careful. Just buy a few of them (I broke 2) just in case as they are really cheap. The window switch spears are held in place by non-removable means, so you'll have to use a soldering gun, the one with pointy tips, to burn the tabs off to release the trim (see the 3 untouched tabs right below the screws). Then you can use screws to put the new trim back. There is one tab under a revolving mechanism that you still must use the melting-tab method due to clearance (see the picture below, right-most smeared tab). The end result will be worth your while.

The driver's door spear looks fantastic and the switches works perfectly.
Can you point out in picture which tab requires melting?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2021, 02:46 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,920 Likes on 2,908 Posts

Originally Posted by kellen
recent thread here about an eBay broker (heavy-smash-salvage-lp) out of Lithuania. Was 1900 for full console including the pdk surround in leather.
Just ordered a 991.2 leather airbag for $650.
I knew Leather-Boy couldn't resist diving into this Thread.

Quick Reply: Who sells full leather consoles?