Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 12:22 AM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You have offers in the low $90's that you're not accepting, yet you're willing to take $94.5k in your eBay ad? And have no offers yet on that auction?

BTW, love the 'no reserve' auction with a reserve of $94.5k.
Buyers disappear all the time sir. Lots of tire kickers and talkers but the few in between will actually commit and get the deal done.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:29 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrrdstr
Buyers disappear all the time sir. Lots of tire kickers and talkers but the few in between will actually commit and get the deal done.
No s**t. Had my GTS on the market a couple of years ago and could not believe some of the inquiries. One of the worst was along the line of....."I'll be happening to drive by your town on I 75 tomorrow and would like to stop by for a test drive". No name, no phone number and no questions about the car. Some fool just looking for a joy ride in a car he could probably never afford to buy as I saw it. No follow up from him to my non response, just confirming my instincts.

Had a really bad experience with a twin turbo 1993 Mazda RX 7 I was selling many years ago. I may be fooling myself but I think it's easy to sort the joy riders from the serious buyers by how they inquire. Serious buyers want to make phone contact to introduce themselves, ask questions about the car for sale like maintenance records etc., any issues with a PPI and more.

Joy riders don't seem to care about much other than a "test drive" since they don't know enough to ask informed questions or care about a car they have no intention of buying in the first place.

Last edited by sandwedge; 10-04-2022 at 04:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasCarreraGTS (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 10:28 AM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Had a really bad experience with a twin turbo 1993 Mazda RX 7 I was selling many years ago. I may be fooling myself but I think it's easy to sort the joy riders from the serious buyers by how they inquire. Serious buyers want to make phone contact to introduce themselves, ask questions about the car for sale like maintenance records etc., any issues with a PPI and more.
I had an FD for many years, thankfully when I was ready I was lucky to sell it right away to a fellow rx7club member and avoided the tire kickers. I can't imagine the annoyance of trying to sell a well put together JDM car.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:11 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

So you don't really have 'real' offers in the low $90's...

The reason your ads seem to turn into **** shows is because you're very selective, and somewhat less than truthful, with the information that you disclose. Not sure why you feel the need to do that. Maybe you adhere to the any publicity is good publicity school of thought.

You have a nice car, overpriced for sure, but still a nice car that would probably sell quickly if it was described fully and marketed honestly.

Last edited by Archimedes; 10-04-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:31 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

The reason your ads seem to turn into **** shows is because you're very selective, and somewhat less than truthful, with the information that you disclose. Not sure why you feel the need to do that. Maybe you adhere to the any publicity is good publicity school of thought.

You have a nice car, overpriced for sure, but still a nice car that would probably sell quickly if it was described fully and marketed honestly.
Is it me or do you always enjoy stirring the pot….maybe your lacking sex in your life or something! Unbelievable.

Wanna buy her for $95k today hot shot? Let’s do this.

I had the offer I accepted the offer and then the buyer vanished.
Kyzcreig (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 09:24 PM
Kyzcreig
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 51 Posts

This is the Rennlist post equivalent of Clubber Lang provoking Rocky by "hollering" at his wife. Uncalled for but entertaining.

Last edited by Kyzcreig; 10-04-2022 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:02 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,015 Likes on 544 Posts

Nah, more like Anchorman really.

The following 3 users liked this post by Prairiedawg:
gjenk (10-05-2022), Hootsama (10-05-2022), Kyzcreig (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 03:14 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhern213
I had an FD for many years, thankfully when I was ready I was lucky to sell it right away to a fellow rx7club member and avoided the tire kickers. I can't imagine the annoyance of trying to sell a well put together JDM car.
Good for you. The guy who test drove my RX 7 started out ok but then he began to beat the hell out of the car to the point where I had to tell him to pull over where we could change seats. So I drove the car back to my house. Not many words were spoken except him asking me what the problem was. I just told him to figure it out for himself. If you want to beat the car up and exceed the speed limit by more than 25 mph, do it after you buy it, not while it still belongs to someone else.

So if I decide to sell my GTS one day, no test drives except maybe with the exception of a mature buyer who makes contact where we can discuss and he/she can articulate a sincere interest in buying the car. I actually prefer out of town buyers who after we connect via phone commits to travel to my location rather than someone who just "happens to travel by my town" and wants a test drive.

I sold my -09 C4S the way I prefer. A guy in New Orleans inquired with both name and phone number and we had good discussions on the phone along with some additional pictures I sent him per his request. So he flew from New Orleans to Sarasota, FL, cashier's check in hand after we had agreed on a price. No test drive except the drive to my bank making sure the check was good where I let him drive the car.

That's a serious buyer that I had no worries about as opposed to someone who's just asking for a test drive and provides no information about himself/herself other than an email address.
Rhern213 (10-15-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 07:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Is it me or do you always enjoy stirring the pot….maybe your lacking sex in your life or something! Unbelievable.

Wanna buy her for $95k today hot shot? Let’s do this.

I had the offer I accepted the offer and then the buyer vanished.
No sir, I don't want to pay $95k for that $80,000 car of yours. Just saying, if you didn't always create drama with the cryptic way you run your for sale ads and we just more forthright, you'd get the car sold much quicker.

As regards vanishing buyers, I guess now you know how the BaT buyer of your 991S felt when you refused to sell that car at the end of your no reserve auction. Maybe you should put the 997 on BaT...oh wait, you can't because you're banned from BaT.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:21 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

No sir, I don't want to pay $95k for that $80,000 car of yours. Just saying, if you didn't always create drama with the cryptic way you run your for sale ads and we just more forthright, you'd get the car sold much quicker.

As regards vanishing buyers, I guess now you know how the BaT buyer of your 991S felt when you refused to sell that car at the end of your no reserve auction. Maybe you should put the 997 on BaT...oh wait, you can't because you're banned from BaT.
That car resides in the great state of Arizona now. Again your BaT claim is false. Plenty of cars over the years have been “withdrawn” on BaT, maybe I should’ve lied and said I found a leak or something right 😳 the easy way out. I asked them kindly to halt the auction within hours of going live until I sort out the wheels & tail lights and go back live but they refused so yeah I told them I will not sell the car if that’s the case. Believe me the car can go on BaT if that’s what I wanted 🤔 the GTS is gorgeous and ready for a new home.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:43 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 612 Posts

Looks like no takers at $99,970, nor $94,500.
The red interior and 42K-mile odo are not in your favor.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:24 AM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Always takers but at what price 👍 let’s be honest nothing is flying off the shelf nowadays but every seat has an *** for it. Patience.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:34 AM
NevilleNobody
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 101 Posts

I don't mean to be ragging on your car or your approach so will say this with politeness and pragmatism in mind. You have a fine vehicle but three things really stand out.

1) Even at peak market 6 months ago, feeding frenzy market, this is not a 90K vehicle. It's a PDK and the lack of sports seats is a real spec killer, your miles are low but not low enough to induce bidding wars. Peak market this was 85K, tops, it's now likely 80K.
2) The red interior. Each to his own, i know, but it will automatically write off about 80% of buyers. Red in and of itsel fis not a bad colour, BMW do it well, Porsche just shot gun red on everything and it never looks right. TBH I'd say the same about every colour except black and grey, Porsche handled coloured interiors really poorly even into the 991 series.
3) Ad presentation is wanting, you need way, way more information, more detail in photos (close ups) and you need to disclose any and all asterix' or buyers will get a sense you are hiding something.

If you are offered $80K i'd take it.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:39 AM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NevilleNobody
I don't mean to be ragging on your car or your approach so will say this with politeness and pragmatism in mind. You have a fine vehicle but three things really stand out.

1) Even at peak market 6 months ago, feeding frenzy market, this is not a 90K vehicle. It's a PDK and the lack of sports seats is a real spec killer, your miles are low but not low enough to induce bidding wars. Peak market this was 85K, tops, it's now likely 80K.
2) The red interior. Each to his own, i know, but it will automatically write off about 80% of buyers. Red in and of itsel fis not a bad colour, BMW do it well, Porsche just shot gun red on everything and it never looks right. TBH I'd say the same about every colour except black and grey, Porsche handled coloured interiors really poorly even into the 991 series.
3) Ad presentation is wanting, you need way, way more information, more detail in photos (close ups) and you need to disclose any and all asterix' or buyers will get a sense you are hiding something.

If you are offered $80K i'd take it.
Not PDK - Manual 6 speed
Old 10-06-2022, 10:41 AM
NevilleNobody
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 101 Posts

6 speed? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm then yeah closer to 90 if you can correct problem 3 and find a red enthusiast.
Mrrdstr (10-06-2022)

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web