Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 04:15 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 417 Posts

Less than an hour to go on the auction. Interesting spec and bold as can be! Other than being PDK, I dig it. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...arrera-gts-22/

Last edited by Busta Rib; 11-01-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:17 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Agreed!
Old 11-01-2021, 04:28 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,371 Likes on 625 Posts

If you like red interiors and PDK, it’s awesome.

Great quote from comment section:

This is a 911 for the discerning driver who finds the GT3 to be excessively ostentatious, but the GTS not *nearly* ostentatious enough.”

Hilarious!

With 50K and potentially polarizing visual aspects, I predict $85K, all in.

Edit: Whoa! With < 40 mins to go and high bid $72K, more like $80K.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-01-2021 at 04:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chekraze (11-02-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 04:39 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
If you like red interiors and PDK, it’s awesome.

Great quote from comment section:

This is a 911 for the discerning driver who finds the GT3 to be excessively ostentatious, but the GTS not *nearly* ostentatious enough.”

Hilarious!

With 50K and potentially polarizing visual aspects, I predict $85K, all in.

Edit: Whoa! With < 40 mins to go and high bid $72K, more like $80K.
LOL that was a great quote!
Old 11-01-2021, 06:12 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

The GTS on BAT was bid to $73K, RNM. Polarizing color scheme, it seems.
The following users liked this post:
8KaboveMSL (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

I feel like if it were a 6SPD it would have bid a lot higher.

Somehow that color scheme seems like it needs to be rowed.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:14 PM
GTSence
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 47 Posts

White PDK coupe at $84k... https://mart.pca.org/ads/53380

Is that a factory aero kit wing?

Last edited by GTSence; 11-01-2021 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:18 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

There's another PDK coupe that just came on BAT
Old 11-02-2021, 04:32 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
The GTS on BAT was bid to $73K, RNM. Polarizing color scheme, it seems.
I agree with you.

RNM is indicative of an auction, with a finite end date, that fails to attract the right buyer for that particular car, at this moment in time.

We often mock the dealerships and resellers who price a 997 (or any car, for that matter) higher than what anyone will buy it for RIGHT NOW. So, they sit on a dealer floor or lot for months (occasionally years!) at that price, awaiting the perfect match of buyer to selling price.

But, in a rising market, with all boats rising with the incoming economic tide, that buyer may yet discover his perfect match of value to asking price.

That red interior and exterior graphics were likely a bit "hardcore" for the average GTS buyer.
Otherwise, he would be bidding on a GT3.
And because that guy is so freaking hardcore, he could care less about a stiff clutch, absence of sound deadening, a high-strung engine that hits its peak 500 RPM above a GTS redline, obligatory need for a front axle lift and coolant lines that should be pinned before taking his 10-year-old car onto a track and wringing its neck in the manner Andreas Preuninger intended.

Anyone want to wager against this GTS ending up on a dealer or reseller site in the near future? (And listed for $80- $85K...or more.)

I, for one, am loving both BaT and PCARMarket auctions- we finally get to see what is trading hands, and for how much.
In the past, the post-classified "tell me about your recent sale/purchase" in Excellence magazine was the only source a lay person had to determine current market values.
Hallelujah.
About time.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-02-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:04 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quixotic1
There's another PDK coupe that just came on BAT
Thanks for the heads up.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...arrera-gts-23/
Just checked it out and it is a "safe" black color coupe with almost 60K miles.
Looks well cared for in the pictures- but one of the RS Spyder OEM wheels has a cracked spoke.
(Also a reportedly replaced left rear axle shaft, which might be related to the cracked wheel... though the seller says it was the right ear that cracked)

Seller will mount the car with a set of OZ UL GT2-size/offset wheels in gray, with the OEM wheels available if buyer wants to pay shipping for 3 good wheels and one with a crack. They are mounted with 2020 date code Mich PSC2 rubber, so buyer should spring for the shipping just to get the new rubber!

Has a Dallas Custom Steering Wheel 12 o'clock stripe, SPASM and some other desirable GTS options like full leather, PDLS, SC, etc, etc.

With a $121K MSRP, my guess is $85-90K, all in.
Not many of these changing hands in this condition with detailed maintenance records, oil analysis and a few tasteful mods.
Still, if a 6MT, I bet it would bring $95-$100K.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-02-2021 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:20 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,529 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Less than an hour to go on the auction. Interesting spec and bold as can be! Other than being PDK, I dig it. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...arrera-gts-22/

I went and looked at this car in person yesterday after it went RNM. I made an offer at close to the RNM price but wouldn't go higher due to the following reasons:

-Car needs the 50k service and will soon need the 60k(big cost with the PDK fluid requiring PIWI's to reset), owners owned it for 2 years and has just done an oil change.
-Needs new tires, tires dated 2016 and not "enthusiast" tires from my opinion.
-The red carpeting on the inside is very "polarizing"
-Car has no clear bra and you can see a little bit of sideskirt sag/yellowing on the factory molded protectant above the sideskirt(not sure how to describe this piece).
-It will show an RNM at 73k for the rest of the cars VIN which will bring down the value along with the PDK + red interior.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:45 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

If you can deal with the color scheme and PDK, I think it is a fantastic car and very unique. It looks awesome and makes a big impact, IMO, but you gotta really like red! It also depends on what kind of driver/buyer you are. To me, it is worth nabbing a unique car like this because you get to own and drive an amazing sports car! Resell value is low on my priority list when I buy, driving experience is at the top. But that is me. If you are more of a casual driver and will only take it out every now and then, I can understand the need/desire to keep resale in mind. In general, GTS cars will always bring a premium relative to an S/4S. To me, it would be worth the premium to get your butt into the seat of one and simply enjoy the experience. Either way, best of luck with your search!

Originally Posted by cooler2442
I went and looked at this car in person yesterday after it went RNM. I made an offer at close to the RNM price but wouldn't go higher due to the following reasons:

-Car needs the 50k service and will soon need the 60k(big cost with the PDK fluid requiring PIWI's to reset), owners owned it for 2 years and has just done an oil change.
-Car has no clear bra and you can see a little bit of sideskirt sag/yellowing on the factory molded protectant above the sideskirt(not sure how to describe this piece).
-It will show an RNM at 73k for the rest of the cars VIN which will bring down the value along with the PDK + red interior.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

I would have bid the white/red if it had been a MT. I drive my cars in the mountains.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:00 PM
chekraze
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Haven't' been on RL much since I bought my car but any thoughts what a 2011 white PDK GTS cab with 14K mi should sell for (private party) in this market? It's well optioned with painted seat back, clear tails, etc . Solid service history.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:28 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooler2442

Thanks for the color (as financial earnings calls refer to providing detailed insight).

There’s no substitute for eyes on when buying, but the current auction site sale paradigm precludes even a PPI in some cases.

That leads to some scary, marginal due diligence, leap of faith bids.
But as Busta Rib so eloquently put it, it’s scarier to not buy a GTS at all. YMMV, of course.

In today’s marketplace, being patient almost ensures paying more, later.
Bubbles burst, eventually, but we are all getting older waiting for that to happen.

Base on 993 values, even at double + the age of 997’s, it may be a long wait.

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web