Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 01:14 AM
997FamilyMan
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelo997C2S
Trying to get a hold of jgoga for the two wires but I can’t DM.
how can I order from you?

thank you.
I did it in this thread. I also friend requested him since new members can't DM/PM as you noted. He got back quickly and shipped the thing same day. Works great and sent with paper instructions.

Last edited by 997FamilyMan; 06-30-2024 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2024, 10:29 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

It doesn't show an Album Cover on SiriusXM Radio. It does show an album cover when using the SXM app on Car Play or Android Auto.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:20 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Carfan1
It doesn't show an Album Cover on SiriusXM Radio. It does show an album cover when using the SXM app on Car Play or Android Auto.
Mine does not even show the station logo like's 80'S on 8 or 90s on 9. just wondering what others have displayed. Mine seems very basic.
Old 07-09-2024, 02:05 PM
GR997.1
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guy! I just installed this radio. It was working perfect till today. Screen is blank white and corner is black. Any one had this issue?
Old 07-09-2024, 09:09 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelo997C2S
Trying to get a hold of jgoga for the two wires but I can’t DM.
how can I order from you?

thank you.
I just sent you a message.

John
Old 07-15-2024, 11:53 PM
Angelo997C2S
5th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to this thread, plus the wires purchased and some additional help from jgoga, I now have wireless CarPlay from a usb out the back, and charging from the front usb on my PCCM. I have a reverse camera too!

Last edited by Angelo997C2S; 07-16-2024 at 06:26 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Angelo997C2S:
dlascoskie (07-17-2024), myw (07-16-2024), Nova997 (07-19-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 07:19 PM
PorscheCambs
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by funcars
Could you describe your USB stick and operation? As in directory structure, what you get to choose on the PCCM+, and what is displayed? I'm sorta surprised about what I'm seeing once I got some music re-encoded... Here's my info:

FAT32 USB with artist\album\track hierarchy. Files are mp3 with tags including art - I need to find the version of the tag. The PCCM+ reads the stick pretty quickly (only 5 albums on it from a few artists), and displays the horizontal squares with album art, one for each TRACK. There doesn't seem to be any way to view by artist or album or genre - just individual track. When I'm playing one, the filename shows up under the center square (eg, "05 This is the fifth track.mp3"). When I click on the playlist, I get what looks like a list of filenames.

I'm wondering if this is because of some meta data issue and the PCCM just doesn't know I have artists/albums. Everything looks like a flat list of tracks (although the artwork for each is correct).

Anyone get the pccm to display a list of albums?
This is the way the inbuilt USB audio player works, it doesn’t matter on file hierarchy, the scroll display is always flat and with album art image per track. When Porsche specified the interface to the third party company that designed the unit, the requirements must have been misunderstood. I also have a 718 Cayman, where it is obvious what was intended where the scroll view is per album. It is also why the unit takes ages to load the library and album art images on startup, with many spinning files symbols viewed whilst the album arts are loaded.

I have an additional annoyance, whereby the first four or five tracks at the point where the PCCM+ is power-down/powered-up don’t display the artwork during park-up and return. This isn’t an album art issue per se, it only happens to the tracks near the play point during the switch-off and switch-on. Scrolling to a new position causes other tracks to not display correctly. It is always four or five tracks, all the others are fine. Do others see the same issue?
Old 07-22-2024, 08:56 PM
Bcera
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve W
So for everyone asking about the relocation of the port, it's pretty basic. Below are the internals of the unit as it comes when you open it. You see a black header cable that plugs in to the main board where circled, to another plug right behind the front USB port. That circled connection where you see the red/white/green/black wires is the main connection port for the front USB/CarPlay port. When you plug into the front USB port, the header cable basically brings that over to the main board connection header:

In the pictures below, the original black header cable is replaced with two new cables which pass through the existing hole at the rear of the unit. A female USB cable plugs into the header port of the main board, the one that CarPlay works through. The second USB port that comes out of the rear that we already know about that comes from Plug Connection C (aka Subaru/Nissan port), a cable plugs into that and brought to front panel USB plug. Both cables are zip tied to existing holes in the side of the case ruggedize/stabilize the cables and their connections.

Where can I buy the 2 cables I need for this conversion? I see you mention the cables but does anyone have the part# or location to get them??
Ty in advance!!
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM
Angelo997C2S
5th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bcera
Where can I buy the 2 cables I need for this conversion? I see you mention the cables but does anyone have the part# or location to get them??
Ty in advance!!
DM jgoga. He has what you need.
The following users liked this post:
Bcera (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request