Sponsored by:

Re-gearing for Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:29 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06
If you think back I asked the question on how fast people are going on the Mosport straight, I wanted to gear my car for it to be at 8000 rpm at 148 mph.

According to Brian copans the AMLS GT3 guys are doing 150+ mph, so i did not think we could go faster than that.

I do not go by the speedo.. it's rpm x gear ratios x tire diameter.
When I regeared my car I looked into this.
fair enough but if you redline the GT3 with stock wheels and tires ( or FIKSES and MPSC) it will be at 250 on the speedo in 4th...right or wrong..i can email you that pic that show the speedo reading 241 and it had more to go. speedo is obviously not perfect. i think the street GT3 could reach a higher top speed at many track versus the cup due to gearing and less agressive downforce. the cup would obviously be faster as far as lap times
Old 07-21-2006, 10:03 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 822 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
you run faster than a 1.38 in a street car at a track event with all levels of driver on the track with you and passing only allowed on the front straight, main straight and between 3 and 4?? ok now i gotta se the video!

i emailed rick it bounced, i pm'd him he never responded...i did not call....my competition licence is motorcycle not car and i dont care to run around getting medicals and dropping 10 grand or more ?? to rent a cup car to say i told you so. only people who know me on here and have seen me drive have commented and they include regular people, 2 PCA instructors and a pro racer...so if i cant convince you nothing can
Face it, you failed to prove your point. A couple of DE instructors who think you are fast doesn't mean squat. You have to prove it with times, not times with excuses. And the pro doesn't mean anything either. There are great pros, good pros, and some that are just paying to play. I ran 1.8 seconds faster in my car than David Murray did when he drove it...does that mean I am better than he is? No f-ing way.

If you wanted to convince me that a 1:38 = a sub 1:30, you would have videoed your runs, and then posted the fast lap. We all could have then agreed if you were held up by traffic or not. Or you could have rented a car for the race and come out and proved yourself at an actual race. Of you could have driven your car at the Mosport DE that is part of the race and I would have timed you myself. But you did none of these things. You boasted and made a bunch of absurd like "I'll give you $10k if you beat me". But in the end, you didn't prove you can do a sub 1:30 in a street GT3 on MPSCs.

But as DrJupeman said, a 1:38 is a good time for that car on street tires. That makes you a pretty fast driver, but maybe just not quite as fast as you think. Oh, and I'll also give you some credit for being funny. When you changed your avatar, that was good stuff.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Apex Late
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
hahahaha....i have some excuses...i havent been on track a year...there was traffic...i had a hangnail.....my thong was riding up.....there was traffic!!!!

and now that you quoted 1.32 you better get ready for the naysayers....
That was a great response. I knew you wore a thong!

I'm still laughing.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 38D
Face it, you failed to prove your point. A couple of DE instructors who think you are fast doesn't mean squat. You have to prove it with times, not times with excuses. And the pro doesn't mean anything either. There are great pros, good pros, and some that are just paying to play. I ran 1.8 seconds faster in my car than David Murray did when he drove it...does that mean I am better than he is? No f-ing way.

If you wanted to convince me that a 1:38 = a sub 1:30, you would have videoed your runs, and then posted the fast lap. We all could have then agreed if you were held up by traffic or not. Or you could have rented a car for the race and come out and proved yourself at an actual race. Of you could have driven your car at the Mosport DE that is part of the race and I would have timed you myself. But you did none of these things. You boasted and made a bunch of absurd like "I'll give you $10k if you beat me". But in the end, you didn't prove you can do a sub 1:30 in a street GT3 on MPSCs.

But as DrJupeman said, a 1:38 is a good time for that car on street tires. That makes you a pretty fast driver, but maybe just not quite as fast as you think. Oh, and I'll also give you some credit for being funny. When you changed your avatar, that was good stuff.
ok...but you still cant have sex with me
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Apex Late
Instructor

Btw, did you ever hook up with Rick to rent the cup? I was still hoping to see you'd come "kick all the *** in PCA"

You shouldn't trash talk Noble for the rental ride. I called this guy Rick twice and left messages about his rental rides and I got no reply at all.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Apex Late
Instructor

The guys at the event all said he is a good driver.. the GT3 is very fast and low 1.30's is possible. My previous Z06 on Toyo's which is just as quick as the GT3, it did a 1.32 at the Solo 1 event. with the right driver a good tire it could happen with the GT3.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
That makes you a pretty fast driver, but maybe just not quite as fast as you think.
But Colin, aren't we all not quite as fast as we think? If I was as fast as I think that I am, I'd show that Alonso kid a thing or two.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Btw Nobel, I realize that 95% of the trash talking is coming from your friends/acquaintences. I guess they are hoping that if they kiss your *** long enough, some or your magic go fast juice will leak out. So just keep clentching

Originally Posted by Z06
The guys at the event all said he is a good driver.. the GT3 is very fast and low 1.30's is possible. My previous Z06 on Toyo's which is just as quick as the GT3, it did a 1.32 at the Solo 1 event. with the right driver a good tire it could happen with the GT3.
I absolutely agree that a GT3 can do 1:32. But that is a far cry from 1:29. On Hoosiers with a track specific setup (Motons, springs, monoballs, etc), maybe. But not on MPSCs & the stock suspension.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:11 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
But Colin, aren't we all not quite as fast as we think? If I was as fast as I think that I am, I'd show that Alonso kid a thing or two.
I think I have a fairly low ego for this sport. There are lots of better drivers than me out there (Scotto, Burger, Savenor, Leh, Norm, Bill Chadwick, Roy, Cory F, Bill Richter, etc). Of course, I am still better than you
Old 07-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 38D
I think I have a fairly low ego for this sport. There are lots of better drivers than me out there (Scotto, Burger, Savenor, Leh, Norm, Bill Chadwick, Roy, Cory F, Bill Richter, etc). Of course, I am still better than you
Oh yeah? Well I'll bet you $10,000 that I can drive your car into the wall better than you can!
Old 07-21-2006, 11:47 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Oh yeah? Well I'll bet you $10,000 that I can drive your car into the wall better than you can!
I say we use your car. And I'll be sure to overrev it before I put it into the wall

Larry, no Mosport race for you?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 38D
I say we use your car. And I'll be sure to overrev it before I put it into the wall
Same $10,000 bet?

Larry, no Mosport race for you?
Not this year. I made a commitment to go our club's Watkins Glen DE on the same weekend. I will plan better next year.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:56 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
you forgot Boyer....
Old 07-21-2006, 09:20 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
you forgot Boyer....
Old 07-21-2006, 09:26 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NJ-GT