Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by logray
+996
Old 07-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Waltheisenberg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh!! Are we going for kill yet? Again, I am in no way affiliated with Exxon-Mobil or any other company for that fact. I am just a P-car enthusiast such as your selves trying to weed through the information. The reason I am referencing the IMS bearing and oil tougher is commonly, when these car's engines have grenaded, oil is often the first suspect.

Last edited by Waltheisenberg; 07-10-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:43 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 754 Posts

Blah blah blah blah Porsche blah blah blah Mobil 1 blah blah blah Wal-Mart 5 quart jugs blah blah blah 134,000 miles blah blah blah Mobil 1....

Old 07-10-2015, 01:45 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah...and I have Michelin's too! What a renegade....
Old 07-10-2015, 01:47 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 208 Posts

Frog Lube (j/k, I use Mobil 1 0w-40 in both beasts) The Jeeps have been feeding on Royal Purple ever since a buddy gave me a few cases.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:00 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Old 07-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

This is so odd.
The answer to the original question requires an optimal balance of several critical factors.Some are:
1. anti-Foaming
2 Kinematic viscosity
3. ZDDP
4. Shear

All the factors are mentioned or linked in this Thread. Some are described in detail like Foaming/detergent:
'Most diesel oils have very little inhibitors that fight aeration. Run a diesel oil hard, at high RPM for a couple of minutes (in a gas engine), and drain the oil immediately. You'll think its a German Beer, rather than engine oil.... I have seen the "head" of foam be 4" high with some diesel oils when used in these engines and the oil was quickly drained.'
And there are multiple tech references to the foaming issue and to oils with high anti foam additive packages.
Despite all this, people mutter about single factors, give emotional,circumstantial,unvalidated ,anecdotal ,non-analytical responses. Further ,they dicker with sincere, good advice from well qualified sources(JR).
Human nature bewilders me sometimes.
For the keyboard tribologists, there is an on-line exam . Taking the exam may help some of those who pontificate?
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-final-exam/
Old 07-10-2015, 06:51 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You would have to be fairly ignorant or just plain dumb to discount everything JR has posted elsewhere and here about oil for the M96.

Especially the poster who had JR do his IMSB. You know what oil he refilled your crankcase with, right? Yet your going to change brands on your first DIY oil change? Some people just don't listen.

To those who enjoy being behind the curve instead of in front of it; enjoy your 0-40 M1 and your blown M96.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:21 PM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by KrazyK
To those who enjoy being behind the curve instead of in front of it; enjoy your 0-40 M1 and your blown M96.
Speaking of ignorant...
The following users liked this post:
turkis_tii (09-26-2021)
Old 07-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Waltheisenberg
I have much respect for Flat6 Innovations and the solutions you have provided however you are also in the business of selling and promoting the products you sell and the companies you’ve worked with, correct?.
Incorrect.

There's only one product that can be bought at Flat 6 Innovations, and that's a complete, turn key engine that's fully reconstructed.

You will not find one product for sale at our facility, or on the website. If you click the "parts" tab, it'll take you to a 404 error.

Why don't we sell products? Because of this very sort of attitude among purchasers that's quoted above.

We are engine builders and developers- anybody can sell parts. I don't give a damn what you buy, or where it's bought.

I'm done here for a while, one day I'll learn my lesson. Even a fish wouldn't get in trouble if he kept his mouth shut...
Old 07-10-2015, 11:08 PM
alpine003
Banned

Wink

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
I'm done here for a while, one day I'll learn my lesson. Even a fish wouldn't get in trouble if he kept his mouth shut...
Alright let's start the RL betting pool on when he'll be back.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Waltheisenberg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to be clear, I've never had any work done by JR at Flat 6 Innovations. Having owned many German cars including few mark 1 928's, I've always done all my own work however if I ever needed a full engine or rebuild, I would not hesitate to use JR at Flat6 as they seem to do excellent work.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Waltheisenberg,
Many of us have benefited from a lot of free help from Jake. Nobody I know from any Forum has contributed more to solving the many issues of the M96 engine than Jake. I have bought nothing from him.Probably never will.He knows that .Despite that he offered me a free loan of a prototype tool to solve my problem.That was a year ago.
If someone like you with merely 6 posts misrepresents Jake and he leaves the Forum ,you've stuck the rest of us with a rotten deal.
Please debate Jake on facts and knowledge. But please don't insult his honesty,sincerity nor the nature of his business.You clearly know nothing of those issues,yet you dismissively insult him .
We need Jake here way more than some new member like you who ignores our advice and insults others.
I politely suggest you contact Jake directly ,withdraw your gratuitously untrue comment about him and his business.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:27 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnell Gelb
Waltheisenberg,
Many of us have benefited from a lot of free help from Jake. Nobody I know from any Forum has contributed more to solving the many issues of the M96 engine than Jake. I have bought nothing from him.Probably never will.He knows that .Despite that he offered me a free loan of a prototype tool to solve my problem.That was a year ago.
If someone like you with merely 6 posts misrepresents Jake and he leaves the Forum ,you've stuck the rest of us with a rotten deal.
Please debate Jake on facts and knowledge. But please don't insult his honesty,sincerity nor the nature of his business.You clearly know nothing of those issues,yet you dismissively insult him .
We need Jake here way more than some new member like you who ignores our advice and insults others.
I politely suggest you contact Jake directly ,withdraw your gratuitously untrue comment about him and his business.
^Dude!^ Seriously? Jake can take it - he's a hard a-s-s-e-d Marine for God's sake! This is an internet forum after all...you have to take the good with the bad Jeezzzzz
The following users liked this post:
donwwheeler (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2015, 02:46 PM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by dporto
^Dude!^ Seriously? Jake can take it - he's a hard a-s-s-e-d Marine for God's sake! This is an internet forum after all...you have to take the good with the bad Jeezzzzz
X2.

You're always gonna have fanboys, haters, and some in between. Jake coming on here is a balance of knowledge, marketing, awareness, self promotion.

It works both ways. Some people here need him as much as he needs us. All his products that were developed wouldn't have gotten the amount of exposure without the Internet or the paranoia of the forums IMO.

Some people act like he's the only one that knows about these engines only because he's one of the few that interacts on forums.

For the most part, the only people that I see directly benefitting from his knowledge are the ones that have or will encounter engine issues. For others, this info may never really matter and may induce more worrying than anything else as already proven on these forums.

Quick Reply: What's the best engine oil 996?