Sponsored by:

*** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 09:46 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,149 Likes on 1,013 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by Optionman1:
Billup (06-02-2022), SoundnSpeed (06-01-2022), TheChunkNorris (05-29-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 09:59 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,416 Likes on 1,787 Posts

Originally Posted by Optionman1

Home or Airb&b? Either way where is my invite?
The following users liked this post:
TheChunkNorris (05-29-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 10:09 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Home or Airb&b? Either way where is my invite?
Rental Villa. 1100 ft. Elevation. USVI. Private compound of 6 Villas. Google Calichi at Picture Point. If people brag about million dollar views this place has billion dollar views.
The following 4 users liked this post by Optionman1:
Billup (06-02-2022), peterp (05-31-2022), SoundnSpeed (06-01-2022), TheChunkNorris (05-29-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 10:24 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Let summer begin.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2743.MOV (10.44 MB, 22 views)
The following 3 users liked this post by Optionman1:
Dr_Strangelove (06-01-2022), golock911 (05-29-2022), TheChunkNorris (05-29-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 07:32 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default And the fun continues

My moms flight last Monday was canceled, so she left Tampa this morning. Had a blast at marguerita ville on the river in Homosassa yesterday, fried calamari and we shared a grouper basket. Happy hour draft ultra $1.75, should have been going to this place all the time. Had to go say goodbye to my biker friends, huge bike culture here, huge Harley dealer on Crystal river. Driving home , a little old forester 100 pour to wake me up. Heck I still have 575 miles to go. Going to stop on Pensacola beach, few beers and hopefully more grouper.

Drinking beer eating fresh caught grouper and looking at this not bad. Place has boat docks so my brother used to take his 27 footer there.

Calamari to start.

Grouper was awesome.

My 82 year old mother stole the truck again. At least I’m training her so I can get fck up and just pass the keys.

Instead of rest areas , bourbon break areas.

Last edited by 3/98 911 coupe; 06-01-2022 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:08 PM
Lady Silver
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
My moms flight last Monday was canceled, so she left Tampa this morning. Had a blast at marguerita ville on the river in Homosassa yesterday, fried calamari and we shared a grouper basket. Happy hour draft ultra $1.75, should have been going to this place all the time. Had to go say goodbye to my biker friends, huge bike culture here, huge Harley dealer on Crystal river. Driving home , a little old forester 100 pour to wake me up. Heck I still have 575 miles to go. Going to stop on Pensacola beach, few beers and hopefully more grouper.

Drinking beer eating fresh caught grouper and looking at this not bad. Place has boat docks so my brother used to take his 27 footer there.

Calamari to start.

Grouper was awesome.

My 82 year old mother stole the truck again. At least I’m training her so I can get fck up and just pass the keys.

Instead of rest areas , bourbon break areas.
Gators in that water???
Old 06-02-2022, 02:08 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by Lady Silver
Gators in that water???
Assume there are gators in every body of water in FL.
wdb (06-03-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 03:26 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Drifting

Received 937 Likes on 566 Posts

And Florida Man® on every curb.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dr_Strangelove:
Emefef (06-02-2022), peterp (06-02-2022), plpete84 (06-02-2022), wdb (06-03-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 04:04 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,786 Likes on 909 Posts

Who is more dangerous.... the jury is still out on that one hah
Old 06-02-2022, 04:30 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,812 Likes on 2,173 Posts

Depends on who has more Old Foresters to drink.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:11 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Florida and Pensacola

I had a good time specially doing all kinds of things with my mom. From walking in the morning, to cooking, going to mass on Sundays and yes shopping she likes to shop. We went to a few nice places. I had never paid too much attention at the cost of living over there, but after I did my due diligence within the 10 days i backed away from the contract. To name a few, homeowners insurance, car insurance, grocery cost, the cost of gas, flood insurance, it takes 18 months to build, the house i wanted 2700 square ft, block, pool, 3 car garage circular drive $612k plus the lot. On top of everything 2 years ago they changed the subdivision rules and the lot has to be build up and that work is time and material. One big deciding factor was
Medical treatment. My wife has two conditions which both are hereditary and will get worse with time. We can a bigger house here for about $500k. Anyway my current house is 3,500 sqft so we are going to put money in it. It’s already paid and I’m the original owner. Tomorrow we have an appointment with a pool company. Now I had a great time in Pensacola beach yesterday, few draft beers in a cabana, beach bar, some awesome grouper. As long as my brother keeps both houses, I can always go and visit. I had a old forester 1920 pour with my grouper last night. That Pete place was happening over an hour wait for dinner, I got a seat at my favorite place the bar.

Monkey place seemed interesting. Long wait for table, higher prices.

I walked some of the beach.

I went to monkeys cabana beach bar, pretty good views, unfortunately limited menu no grouper.

Lobsters at Pete’s.

Kind of interesting “Pirates of the Caribbean “

Over 1 hour wait. Reasonable prices, a few people told me the food was Great there.

Grouper and IPAs. They get their seafood daily.

I think kids would love to take pics next to Pete.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:07 PM
Lady Silver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris
Assume there are gators in every body of water in FL.
You betcha. We had a place in Naples for 10 years. We have 3 dogs so I had to do a lot of dog walking around ponds and drainages. One day some guy was walking his golden retriever near a canal, and a big gator grabbed the dog right in front of him. We put the place up for sale the following week and we were gone in 4 weeks. We became "fullbacks". Never will I ever set foot in FL again.
wdb (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 06:14 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by Lady Silver
You betcha. We had a place in Naples for 10 years. We have 3 dogs so I had to do a lot of dog walking around ponds and drainages. One day some guy was walking his golden retriever near a canal, and a big gator grabbed the dog right in front of him. We put the place up for sale the following week and we were gone in 4 weeks. We became "fullbacks". Never will I ever set foot in FL again.
That's sad and unfortunately happens all the time. I'm born, raised and still live in Miami... its "common" knowledge to us but there are certain situations we don't put ourselves in especially with kids and pets. My girlfriend who is also a Miami native had no idea how gators hunted and was mortified when I explained that process when one little boy got nabbed at Disney. Like big cats, they are the epitome of stealth and not typically opportunistic so they pick their shots well. With all that said, mating season and dusk are two times where you should probably avoid fresh water and known areas where they have been spotted but typically they'll leave you alone. Crocs on the other hand are curious and know they're at the top of the food chain. They will come check you out but if at any moment they deem you not a threat and submerge towards you, their intentions are no longer curious.

There are a lot of areas in central Florida where people kayak in crystal clear water where gators are present but due to the amount of people they see, they'll just stay out of your way. Plenty of vids of a gators cruising a water way and kayakers just altering their course to let them by. Hell there's a popular paved bikeway called Shark Valley that gators regularly come up and sun themselves on the bike path, they'll hiss since they have their mouths open already but that's about it. Think the thing most people don't realize about FL that is far worse than gators is our snake population. Florida has most of North America's venomous snakes and they're freaking everywhere.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:33 AM
Lady Silver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris
That's sad and unfortunately happens all the time. I'm born, raised and still live in Miami... its "common" knowledge to us but there are certain situations we don't put ourselves in especially with kids and pets. My girlfriend who is also a Miami native had no idea how gators hunted and was mortified when I explained that process when one little boy got nabbed at Disney. Like big cats, they are the epitome of stealth and not typically opportunistic so they pick their shots well. With all that said, mating season and dusk are two times where you should probably avoid fresh water and known areas where they have been spotted but typically they'll leave you alone. Crocs on the other hand are curious and know they're at the top of the food chain. They will come check you out but if at any moment they deem you not a threat and submerge towards you, their intentions are no longer curious.

There are a lot of areas in central Florida where people kayak in crystal clear water where gators are present but due to the amount of people they see, they'll just stay out of your way. Plenty of vids of a gators cruising a water way and kayakers just altering their course to let them by. Hell there's a popular paved bikeway called Shark Valley that gators regularly come up and sun themselves on the bike path, they'll hiss since they have their mouths open already but that's about it. Think the thing most people don't realize about FL that is far worse than gators is our snake population. Florida has most of North America's venomous snakes and they're freaking everywhere.
Yes, I didn't mention the coyotes and snakes. We had those also. At night the coyotes would come out of the deep woods to stalk the rabbits in the development. We all had to put screens over our drainage pipes because the terrified rabbits would run up the drains, and the coyotes would tear the pipes down. Also we had the poison toads which were plentiful and could make a dog very sick if they grabbed one or licked it, as they were prone to do. It was nice where we were in Naples but just too damned many threats....and as you said, for people like us from the North we often did not appreciate the danger in these threats...

Last edited by Lady Silver; 06-03-2022 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-03-2022, 02:49 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default The leopard never loses its spots, Chinese ingenuity.

Remember this is the off topic thread. I’m who I’m , back at it last night angus prime Ribeyes baked potatoes and salad, awesome dinner, my only alcoholic drinks for the day hey two glasses of concha & Toro Merlot trio. Today I was reminded of Chinese ingenuity and hard work, a lot of companies ie Apple are never first to market with the product the take an existing product and make it better. Not any different than the Chinese, I had this for early lunch today. Spicy crawfish boudang kolache. leave to the Chinese go improve on a Cajun product. My son loved to go to this place, this people work 7 days a week, everyweek of the year and they never close. For who they are they speak great English and always are offering you a sample of something they just created, I can feel nothing but admiration for them. A year ago my friends sister died in a bad car crash in Tampa. He’s family wanted to bury her here in the Houston area. Since it was at the end of the year it was hard to get her on a plane as cargo, anyway I was with the family and the mother and brother wanted to pre approved the make up. I told the family no worries I’ll take care of the food, after I talked to the chinese they offered to provide the food for free, I told them I had to pay and keep in contact with them. As the mortician and make up artist were off on holidays they held their end of the bargain. Respect.

Late breakfast early lunch crawfish boudang kolache with juicy hazy imperial IPA. Kolache created by donut delight. Chinese donut shop

Last edited by 3/98 911 coupe; 06-03-2022 at 02:57 PM.
TheChunkNorris (06-03-2022)

Quick Reply: *** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***