Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 12:31 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Good rum.

Originally Posted by barbancourt
The disrespect.

All this talk about rum and no acknowledgement of the King of Rums, which coincidentally is my username.

This is probably the only thing I miss about Haiti, the true armpit of the world. It’s incredible that Haití and the Dominican Republic share the same island, Haiti looks likes it has been thru a fire, the Dominican is beautiful. I had the 15 but since I like to mix it I drink this one. At one point in time and I haven’t kept up to day with it Zacapa had won the gold medal 5 years in a row. My distributor in Guatemala used to sell them lubes for their distribution vehicles and some of the industrial lubricants for their plants. Anyway the word centenario means century 100 years. Depending which Zacapa you buy you get more of the 100 year old rum in the blend. If you really like sipping try the Zacapa XO, pricey but good. I just read Zacapas page now the blend runs between 6 and 25 years. I really wonder when they made the change.

Last edited by 3/98 911 coupe; 04-28-2022 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:53 PM
philbert996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 529 Posts

Meh, teetotaler here.
I’m waiting for this

Old 04-28-2022, 01:56 PM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
This is probably the only thing I miss about Haiti, the true armpit of the world. It’s incredible that Haití and the Dominican Republic share the same island, Haiti looks likes it has been thru a fire, the Dominican is beautiful.
My family is from Haiti, and I will tell you that there are parts of Haiti that are so beautiful that you can’t even imagine it. Now, as far as Haiti vs the Dominican Republic, these countries’ histories are very different… the former having defeated Napoleon’s army in a violent slave rebellion and being saddled with reparations to France… essentially bankrupting it well into the 21st century.

Haitians did not have the benefit that other Caribbean islands such as the Dominican Republic had due to the fact that it’s slaves fought a bloody war and won their independence in 1804. Haiti was a bad example for other slave populations and the world powers certainly did everything to make sure it was not successful, lest all the other slave colonies mimic the Haitian Revolution. All the other islands looked up to Haiti. Amazing how people don’t know the history.

So… hopefully that answered why you can’t imagine how they are on the same island. Smh.

Last edited by barbancourt; 04-28-2022 at 01:58 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by barbancourt:
Boff (04-28-2022), CatVaux (05-17-2022), Optionman1 (04-28-2022), TheChunkNorris (04-28-2022), zbomb (05-01-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 03:28 PM
peterp
Drifting

Received 744 Likes on 448 Posts

I don't really drink rum, but I've had a 7-year Havana Club (from Cuba, not Puerto Rico) in the cabinet for probably 20 years. You can't get the Cuban version in the US, but a friend of mine convinced me to get it when we were traveling internationally.

Is it good? I don't know, I don't really drink rum . This thread has me thinking I should try it though.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:35 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default I don’t know much about the history.

Originally Posted by barbancourt
My family is from Haiti, and I will tell you that there are parts of Haiti that are so beautiful that you can’t even imagine it. Now, as far as Haiti vs the Dominican Republic, these countries’ histories are very different… the former having defeated Napoleon’s army in a violent slave rebellion and being saddled with reparations to France… essentially bankrupting it well into the 21st century.

Haitians did not have the benefit that other Caribbean islands such as the Dominican Republic had due to the fact that it’s slaves fought a bloody war and won their independence in 1804. Haiti was a bad example for other slave populations and the world powers certainly did everything to make sure it was not successful, lest all the other slave colonies mimic the Haitian Revolution. All the other islands looked up to Haiti. Amazing how people don’t know the history.

So… hopefully that answered why you can’t imagine how they are on the same islands. Smh.
I first went to Haiti in 93. I have travelled the whole country by car several times. I did the same in the Dominican had to establish product sales and distribution thru the countries. My last time in Haiti was 2010. So I honestly don’t know what the country looks like today. I also traveled all over central, South America and Mexico plus all the Caribbean islands. Hopefully Haiti is doing better today. I grew up in Puerto Rico so another Caribbean island but off course US territory. What I will say and a lot of Puerto Rican’s that live in the Island and haven’t seen a lot of other Places around the world dont like to hear. PR had a huge advantage and in the nineties was still good and modern, today a bunch of the places in Central America and the Caribbean have progressed and PR
has gone backwards to the point that in my opinión it has become a third world country. I say it like I see it. I spent money going to PR because my mom is still there, but honestly a super cool beach vacation Atlantis in the Bahamas, the hard rock in the Dominican. Anyway my mom is going to Tampa to visit my brother so I’ll be down there for a few weeks, we’ll be there Mother’s Day.

I just a achieve higher status at total wine. I free gift bag per month. I get the opportunity to buy allocated liquors.

Watching the Yankees on Yes. IPAs and ghost pepper wings at the house.

Got my shipment of Yankees stuff. My mom gets the blue shirt and the Stanton cozzy. My mom loves both Stanton and Judge. Bag thing the Yankees are loosing time for another shot of **** creek 9.

Last edited by 3/98 911 coupe; 04-28-2022 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:47 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default You should try it

Originally Posted by peterp
I don't really drink rum, but I've had a 7-year Havana Club (from Cuba, not Puerto Rico) in the cabinet for probably 20 years. You can't get the Cuban version in the US, but a friend of mine convinced me to get it when we were traveling internationally.

Is it good? I don't know, I don't really drink rum . This thread has me thinking I should try it though.
in you tube there are a bunch of guys that have bourbon shows. Some guys have over 1000 bottles. Some of them have clearly stated two things, certain bourbons continue to get better in the bottles like the red wines as they age, they other thing that I found interesting is that some of them state certain bourbons when they get to a certain part of the bottle the pours are better. Now these guys are snobs and I guess experts (ie. Fred Minnick). Yes Cuban Havana club is good.

Last edited by 3/98 911 coupe; 04-28-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:02 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by peterp

Same and my mom’s nail lady got me bottle while in Cuba visiting family.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:04 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 663 Posts

I'm on an outing with some BMW Z car folks and we had lunch at an exotic car dealer in Charlotte NC today. This was in there; an homage to the 1962 Porsche 804 F1 car. This one only has 6 cylinders but it is still pretty cool.

The following 5 users liked this post by wdb:
85eurocarrera (05-01-2022), Dr_Strangelove (05-01-2022), GC996 (04-30-2022), peterp (05-02-2022), TheChunkNorris (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 07:36 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Cool porsche Saturday

Had an awesome day at Einers garage (a PCA sponsored shop). Plenty of cool cars to look at and people to interact with. The sausage kolaches were awesome, the sausage jalapeño a little on the super hot side. Had the for sale in my car and a few people inquired about it. Anyway a few times I took the car to 145, I’m honestly questioning myself if I really need something faster than this coupe. Met my wife and son at black bear dinner for a late lunch, to my surprise a week ago they got their liquor license so I had a liquid lunch because I had like 6 kolaches at the porsche meet. Anyway on the way back to the house a woman in a white tundra honked at me gave me the thumps up and flashed me her ****. Maybe the lord is telling me that I need to keep this car. Started a few hours ago slow smoked cheek meat (barbacoa), will make some eggs with potatoes and fresh flour tortillas. A few pics.

I got there early to secure an inside parking spot, wanted people to see that the car will be for sale.

Some people drink coffee. I was drinking Turkey 101 and Coke Zero followed by Miller lites and a few voodoo ranger IPAs.

This interior job is bad ***.

It’s on this 1981 sc. the engine is pretty awesome too. The guy was telling that he is going to do a Windows out paint job next.

Love the Orange color, makes the car looks younger than it is in my opinion.

Pretty cool set up on another SC.

Cheek meat. Need to make sure you cook all that collagen so internal temp has to get to 210.
The following users liked this post:
Dr_Strangelove (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 12:10 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,812 Likes on 2,173 Posts

Cars and coffee, pca events and any event where you got alot of very cool cars grouped together in one setting can be very dangerous to your wallet. You see everything you would love to have. Been there done that.

But at the end of the day, I kept driving home in my 996.2 because I just liked it. Every year or two I would do a project to enhance its capabilities. That controlled my itch to get another one because the car was getting better and better and I know every inch of it, its history, every noise, vibration and sound. What more can you ask for?

Last edited by GC996; 05-01-2022 at 12:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TheChunkNorris (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 03:17 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default It already happened

Originally Posted by GC996
Cars and coffee, pca events and any event where you got alot of very cool cars grouped together in one setting can be very dangerous to your wallet. You see everything you would love to have. Been there done that.

But at the end of the day, I kept driving home in my 996.2 because I just liked it. Every year or two I would do a project to enhance its capabilities. That controlled my itch to get another one because the car was getting better and better and I know every inch of it, its history, every noise, vibration and sound. What more can you ask for?
Too late almost two weeks ago I sank $60k on a turbo, hopefully it doesn’t push me in The future to a gt3. I’ll be driving my brothers gt3 in about a week and a half. Boring pdk 😂 🤣 . Wo hoo Aaron judge just hit the ball a country mile (453 ft). 115 mph out of his bat.

Old 05-01-2022, 04:24 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
Too late almost two weeks ago I sank $60k on a turbo, hopefully it doesn’t push me in The future to a gt3. I’ll be driving my brothers gt3 in about a week and a half. Boring pdk 😂 🤣 . Wo hoo Aaron judge just hit the ball a country mile (453 ft). 115 mph out of his bat.
Luis, you better get yourself a full cage for the Turbo. I worry about your supersonic episodes.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:04 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Drifting

Received 937 Likes on 566 Posts

You guys are giving me the itch to go to a car show!
Old 05-01-2022, 10:45 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
You guys are giving me the itch to go to a car show!
Good luck controlling yourself...
Old 05-01-2022, 10:57 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Cooked a storm today

Cheek meat. Made ove easy eggs and French toasts for my son. To take advance of the fire some bacon wrapped filet mignon and deer pork beef garlic sausage. Buen provecho 😋.

One of my sons favorite breakfasts.

Awesome barbacoa, not the healthiest thing to eat. Almost 8 hours total cook time. Tender as hell.

Quick Reply: *** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***