Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - full build in detail

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Colin, The silver split grille, door handle and mirrors is stunning! What type of paint protection are you planning or not to apply to the front surfaces?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Colin, The silver split grille, door handle and mirrors is stunning! What type of paint protection are you planning or not to apply to the front surfaces?
They are actually painted in matt laquer over the gunmetal base coat, so although they are not shiny they already have the same level of protection as the rest of the paint, hence they should not need further protection.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:37 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
PS: Look carefully into the background of photo 5 & you can easily see a black 993GT2. Look very carefully and you can also see the nose of a black 964 Speedster.
I did. Awesome. Is the GT2 the same car that featured in EVO #3 (comparison to a Dodge Viper GTS)?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:19 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
I did. Awesome. Is the GT2 the same car that featured in EVO #3 (comparison to a Dodge Viper GTS)?
No, as far as I am aware since this one has been owned by two of my customers its not been magazine featured or tested.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 AM
SJB993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say, personal taste I know, but I'm not sure about the Cobalt spokes on the wheels. How about matte Gunmetal to match the rest of the highlights?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Paul M
POACB
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grahampeterm
No - more of nod toward the special edition S Vesuvious model.
G
Porsche have also started painting the wheels, mirrors and parts of the front and rear spoilers deviating colours on the current GT3 RS.

Name:  gt3 rs sssssss.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  33.9 KB
Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SJB993
I have to say, personal taste I know, but I'm not sure about the Cobalt spokes on the wheels. How about matte Gunmetal to match the rest of the highlights?

+1

Who does not love this car but the wheels are not my taste. Of course, it is not my car so if the wheels are the owners taste than the hell w/the rest of us Great job on this project. I have been following this from the start and it amazes me how quickly this was completed. This car will be talked about for some time I am sure.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SJB993
I like the concept, but I think the execution could use some 'tweaking' IMHO by extending the blue color all the way down the spokes through the radius at the outer edges for a more contiguous look. A newer look would be to paint the entire wheel leaving just a 1/4 inch edge lip in the matching dark silver color to match the grilles and other bits, I think that would look incredible .....

Just what you needed, another opinion, right?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...The Turbo S airscoops with Hella DE fogs also to fit - at odds with Marc on this on - either silver to match the turn indicators - or body colour.
So again it's going to be a trial fit and debate! ....
FYI S-ducts matched to grey mirrors/door handle/rear grill rather than body color.

Name:  IMG_0684.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  28.6 KB
Old 03-20-2010, 03:07 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of the two colour theme and would like to see what the car would look like with gunmetal wheels as I think it would look as contemporary as the new GT3RS, except it would be a lot more tasteful without the graphics:

But it's Graham's car, so as long as what we have is perfect for him, when it comes down to alternative wheel/colour combinations we'll all just have to use our imaginations - or build our own to prove the point!
Attached Images   
Old 03-20-2010, 06:49 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey - I wanted the Gunmetal / titanium wheels - we'll see what it looks like once it's all finished!
Graham
Old 03-20-2010, 08:37 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Absolutely stunning attention to detail and awesome results. Wish I had the time and the $$.

Now to go back to penny pinching so I can afford the 9m billet heads.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:43 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey - I wanted the Gunmetal / titanium wheels - we'll see what it looks like once it's all finished!
Graham
Well, at least you can't blame me then!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Big Jock
Instructor

Default 964 wastegate

Firstly,Im much better with cars than computers so please forgive my ignorance.I would like some info on wastegates but cant figure how to post a new message.Can you help me with either please?Thanks Duncan
Old 03-21-2010, 07:01 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Jock
Firstly,Im much better with cars than computers so please forgive my ignorance.I would like some info on wastegates but cant figure how to post a new message.Can you help me with either please?Thanks Duncan
Duncan, Welcome aboard. First of all I think you will need to navigate your way to the turbo section, then go into the 964 Turbo forum. Once there, right at the top left corner of the list of threads you will see a box that says Post Topic. Click on this, fill in your title and then post your question or comments in the text box below. Submit the post and you've started your first thread! Good luck.

Quick Reply: New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - full build in detail