Sponsored by:

New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - full build in detail

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:47 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPP
Sorry to hear this, back pulls are the worst! Tell Marc a few muscle relaxers and a bottle of decent Scotch will make for a painless recovery ...
Do you guys have Chiropractors in the UK? My back went out a couple of weeks ago and it's the only thing that really helped. Painkillers eased the pain but didn't fix anything.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks for the back tips, I'll pass them on to Marc. Looks likely that he has torn a muscle or ligament in his lower back, spoke to him an hour ago and following a full nights sleep last night he's got a lot more mobility today but still can't stand up straight. He'll be seeing his physio tomorrow so let's see what they come up with.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Thanks for the back tips, I'll pass them on to Marc. Looks likely that he has torn a muscle or ligament in his lower back, spoke to him an hour ago and following a full nights sleep last night he's got a lot more mobility today but still can't stand up straight. He'll be seeing his physio tomorrow so let's see what they come up with.
Nice! Wish him well for us ...
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Marc's returned to work today, albeit a little tender; diagnosis is probably torn ligament in lower back so he's on walkabout duties only to keep his muscles mobile.

With a bit of help from the other boys we're looking to press on and finish off the interior this week. No sign yet of the KW's as I think they are having some minor production difficulties.

The other good news is that another customer dropped off his blue turquoise 993 in for work on the front suspension, so Graham will be now able to see what a set of silver Gemballa Le Mans wheels would look like on his car (which just happen to be one of my favourites on the 993).
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:52 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Having spoken to the Gemballa UK agent last Friday, I doubt that there will be anything despatched from them for the time being - they "are in turmoil, and a terrible situation at the moment".

No - I know exactly which set of wheels I want!

Graham
Old 03-29-2010, 06:18 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(which just happen to be one of my favourites on the 993).
I agree, it looks like the RS speedlines but in one piece. I wouldn't mind having one as a spare set.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

I have those Gemballa wheels on my blue cab
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2010, 07:39 PM
sbarracl
Racer

I really like the Gemballa LeMans wheels as well. Very difficult to locate, unfortunately...
Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grahampeterm
Having spoken to the Gemballa UK agent last Friday, I doubt that there will be anything despatched from them for the time being - they "are in turmoil, and a terrible situation at the moment".

No - I know exactly which set of wheels I want!

Graham
A person working for the company that produces the wheels for Gemballa (amongst others) recently posted on RL in the Uwe Gemballa kidnap thread.

This post lists all his contact details:

https://rennlist.com/forums/7329014-post24.html

He might be helpful in finding a set, what better way than to start at the source (?).

And yes those wheels are lovely!!!

Rgds,

Harald
Old 03-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 287 Posts

These Gemballa's really aren't that hard to find... I just wish that they had staggered the lip - it's the same front & rear.

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval
Old 03-30-2010, 09:40 AM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Playing - with limited success!

Name:  newlook_6-1-2.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  41.1 KB

Graham
Old 04-03-2010, 02:50 PM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A set of Gemballa le mans wheels is currently listed on eBay Germany with 4 days to go...

http://cgi.ebay.de/PORSCHE-911-964-9...item3efe4d975a

Would make for a very nice Easter present!

Graham will be now able to see what a set of silver Gemballa Le Mans wheels would look like on his car (which just happen to be one of my favourites on the 993).
Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We're back in the saddle, again....

As promised, Marc's back in work and partially refreshed by having a couple of weeks off and a nice Easter weekend break with the family, so his back has now losened up enough for him to tackle the finishing touches of the interior. He's seen here gluing in the custom made rear bulkhead carpet complete with computer sewn Speedster S logo to match the engine lid. OK, it's unfortunate that the logo will only be seen when the top is being stowed, but at least we all now know that it is there!

The new leather trimmed 993 plastic back sports seats should be with us soon. Andy, our trimmer, dropped in today to report a minor problem when is sewing machine started to crack the end of one of the cover retaining strips (the flexible plastic hook section that is sewn onto the front and clips into the return lip of the plastic backs to hold the cover in place). We've ordered him a replacement which should be with us tomorrow, so hopefully that will mean we can have them back by weekend.

Unfortunately the KW's have still not arrived but we are expecting them any day now. No doubt you all are as eager as us to see what the Speedster looks like without the rally setting ride height, so I'll have to be quick to ****** a photo of them in the box!

Watch this space, I'll be back soon.
Attached Images     
Old 04-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Bouzoukikid
Instructor

I'm another fan of your work 9m. Amazing attention to detail.
I wish you were nearer London.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Are those Riviera Blue seat belts? I have that color in my car as well. Ther car looks fantastic.

Mike

Quick Reply: New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - full build in detail