Sponsored by:

993 WB Values are UP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 09:06 AM
toona
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
@Tarek307 always gets great 993 S/4S examples and his track record adds value to the final BAT hammer price. That is the X factor when it comes to cars offered by him. IMHO.

?? This was a Tarek car so how can it be both undervalued and he have added value? I dont see any X factor with his cars.. like all dealers/flippers, some are better than others.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:48 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 980 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
He's got a NB and a WB.
you beat me to it. she's a narrow, so the car brought in the wide.
The following users liked this post:
SToronto (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 10:55 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toona
?? This was a Tarek car so how can it be both undervalued and he have added value? I dont see any X factor with his cars.. like all dealers/flippers, some are better than others.
i'd say the x-factor with tarek is just his incredible ability to continue to find these examples before they hit the market otherwise. he's been doing this now for years. he used to be almost exclusively 964 NBs and then he transitioned into the 993 and, more specifically, the WBs. i'm still not 100% sure if some are consignment based and he helps sellers or whether he buys them outright and resells. it's a bit odd to me because these owners have to fully understand what they own, so how does he build in his margin. the margins could be small and that would allow for the flip. it's not as though the owners of 993 WBs are not well informed. the other aspect of the x-factor is he seems to only focus on very nice cars and doesn't bring a bhcc type car to market that might diminish his credibility. so far, he hasn't done anything for buyers to really question what he brings to auction.
The following 2 users liked this post by rsabeebe:
L39E (07-20-2021), SToronto (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 11:06 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
i'd say the x-factor with tarek is just his incredible ability to continue to find these examples before they hit the market otherwise. he's been doing this now for years. he used to be almost exclusively 964 NBs and then he transitioned into the 993 and, more specifically, the WBs. i'm still not 100% sure if some are consignment based and he helps sellers or whether he buys them outright and resells. it's a bit odd to me because these owners have to fully understand what they own, so how does he build in his margin. the margins could be small and that would allow for the flip. it's not as though the owners of 993 WBs are not well informed. the other aspect of the x-factor is he seems to only focus on very nice cars and doesn't bring a bhcc type car to market that might diminish his credibility. so far, he hasn't done anything for buyers to really question what he brings to auction.
I would go so far as to say that some owners don't have a real clue. Some aren't online or connected with the community. They may not talk to others about value or do any research. Cash on the spot is also king to some. The pool of people on RL doesn't represent the broader community entirely. Some here also probably aren't super tuned in to values. He clearly has margin to buy, repair cosmetics and minor mechanical items, carrying costs and sell at some sort of a profit. Might also be paying higher dollar, that the type of owner I am describing won't bother trying to sell on their own because they don't want the hassle. Again, refer back to cash on the spot at a solid number is hard to turn down if you don't want the hassles.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:11 AM
MARK993C2S
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any offers Lol. Gbos1 thanks for info on totals.
Gbos1 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 02:44 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

I'm gonna have to chime in here, because you keep repeating this over and over and you're 100% wrong, i do NOT consign cars, EVER..i only sell my own cars which i buy with my own money..There is nothing wrong with consignment, i just don't like it, and don't want to sell a car unless i'm exclusively invested, familiar with it and actually personally like it...plus i don't want to answer to anyone and take on the responsibility of caring for their car while its on sale...I'd probably expand my biz & make more money if i did consignment as i turn many down, but it wouldn't be fun for me, maybe one day i'll try it, but haven't yet.

How i continue to find them is my business and most actually find me now, people do know what they are worth, but many people don't want to deal with the headaches of selling them, or with sorting them out so they contact me and offer their car to me. Thanks

​​​​​​
I agree with you, i don't think that car was undervalued, it sold for a solid fair number..

Last edited by Tarek307; 07-20-2021 at 02:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tarek307:
JAB12 (07-20-2021), jfischet (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 03:00 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts
Lightbulb

Mr. User, 2 strikes: I didn't say the car was undervalued. Someone else posted that I believe. Also the X factor I referred to was him as a seller adding value to the sale, not any of the cars as having an X factor. I think @Tarek307 explained the rest.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:09 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Guys i'd like to post a warning about @JAB12 car that is currently for sale..sorry man..but looking at that car, i suspect a reverse odometer roll back There is no way that car actually has 198K miles on it..she looks and sounds like a 40-50k mile car at most..you've been exposed @JAB12 hahahaha...

Good luck with the sale man, that car really is an absolute gem..perfect specimen for someone that actually wants to drive a C2S but don't want to spend $150,000

​​​​​​https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...1-carrera-s-1/
fatmike (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 03:11 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 167 Posts

I don't know Tarek but have been following his cars for sale and his reputation. I have no plans on ever selling my 4S, but if that time ever came, I would seriously consider selling to him to avoid the hassle of tire kickers and the like.
JAB12 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 03:31 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Guys i'd like to post a warning about @JAB12 car that is currently for sale..sorry man..but looking at that car, i suspect a reverse odometer roll back There is no way that car actually has 198K miles on it..she looks and sounds like a 40-50k mile car at most..you've been exposed @JAB12 hahahaha...

Good luck with the sale man, that car really is an absolute gem..perfect specimen for someone that actually wants to drive a C2S but don't want to spend $150,000

​​​​​​https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...1-carrera-s-1/
The look on people's faces when they see the ODO for the first time after eyeing out the condition of the car at the many Cars and Coffees and car shows she's been has been the most gratifying experience of owning this car. This past Sunday included. I crack up every time at the looks of disbelief and the conversation that immediately follows. Those experiences have been priceless.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:17 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tarek307
I'm gonna have to chime in here, because you keep repeating this over and over and you're 100% wrong, i do NOT consign cars, EVER.
let me try to understand this... are you saying that i - me specifically - continually state that you consign cars? what i said above was that i wasn't sure whether you consigned them or not - in a very indifferent manner. i could care less how you find and/or sell your cars, but i can 100% guarantee you that i do not infer how you sell your cars on any consistent basis.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:45 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

let me try to understand this... are you saying that i - me specifically - continually state that you consign cars? what i said above was that i wasn't sure whether you consigned them or not - in a very indifferent manner. i could care less how you find and/or sell your cars, but i can 100% guarantee you that i do not infer how you sell your cars on any consistent basis.
Its fine, you did have another post earlier this year saying this or something to the fact my cars maybe pre-sold before being listed..its no big deal, just basically answering what youre guessing, no i don't do and haven't done consigment, and no my cars are not pre-sold.

​​​​​​
The look on people's faces when they see the ODO for the first time after eyeing out the condition of the car at the many Cars and Coffees and car shows she's been has been the most gratifying experience of owning this car. This past Sunday included. I crack up every time at the looks of disbelief and the conversation that immediately follows. Those experiences have been priceless.
It truly is shocking, i'm surprised you're even selling that car, you will surely not find one in the price range of this one as clean..but i get it, we all like to switch up every once in a while.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:12 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

"It truly is shocking, i'm surprised you're even selling that car, you will surely not find one in the price range of this one as clean..but i get it, we all like to switch up every once in a while."

You are much correct about that. Anyone would be hard pressed to find another example with similar mileage that presents as well and performs as well as this one does. That said, I feel my work and time with her is done and it's time to move on and focus on my 964s that have 15% of the mileage the 993 has and are in need of some seat time and owner TLC. Or have you forgotten your 964 days? I know, I know. That wide 'derrière' can easily cause 964 amnesia...
Old 07-20-2021, 07:29 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by ShdwFx
I don't know Tarek but have been following his cars for sale and his reputation. I have no plans on ever selling my 4S, but if that time ever came, I would seriously consider selling to him to avoid the hassle of tire kickers and the like.
Polar silver?
Old 07-20-2021, 07:41 PM
Britzky9
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Not gonna lie, I clicked the for sale link in your sig and then said out loud - "holy f*ck" at reading the mileage. Wow! Well done! (yes, I am totally that guy at cars and coffee - there are lurkers here that can vouch for my that-guy-ness...not sorry, I love cars).

Last edited by Britzky9; 07-20-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 993 WB Values are UP!!!