Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 01:48 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Agree, I’m not certain they are the first or the best at building the false scarcity (ref nearby babies, but they have done well.

I suppose the downside are the people that defected to other brands (McLaren, Ferrari, MBZ?). This will sound like Im a fan-boy but many brands that offer similar results are just that, similar. I think many will return under the right circumstances.

With the dealer model ending the experience will change eliminating some of the frustrations referenced in the 90+ pages of posts.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:50 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,643 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
Of course local markets have different supply and demand and thus different appetites for ADM. I don’t think that means competition isn’t working though. Some folks don’t even shop around maybe because $5k or $10k or whatever ADM isn’t a big deal to them when buying an expensive Porsche while others care but may not have access to multiple dealers within a reasonable distance or may not know to shop around or be good at negotiating, etc. There’s lots of case-by-case variation. As a whole though, there’s competition by and large and a willing consumer can take advantage of it. I’m in the Southern California market where we have a dozen dealers. I called around, got everything from you gotta wait in line for a year because we have a list and no allocations to wanting $30k ADM for a GTS to $15k ADM. In the end, I got a couple dealers who initially offered the lowest ADM and had allocations to beat each other out and I paid minimal ADM for a custom order on an available allocation (my dealer from where I had bought before had no allocation and still wanted a higher ADM from me just to wait for the next round of allocations).

Your statement was that the fact that there were ADMs at some dealers and not at others shows that competition is working. Thats simply incorrect. Nothing you wrote above supports your initial position.

Old 05-25-2024, 09:40 PM
BHSAAA
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JRoach
I’ve been watching Porsche inventory for the past few years. At one point the low was 8 new 992’s within 100mi of my location. This was during the supply chain peak. It’s held at 50ish for several months but in the last 90 days it’s jumped to over 120. Dealers have soften their replies regarding ADMs to “there is still an ADM but we can work with you” to no ADM (certain models, like the T or Base). I suppose with the .2 around the corner people are ‘wait and see’.
I wish this was true, but I think you know that many of the cars ( and all desirable cars..) shown on the Pcar site are actually spoken for and have orders against them. It’s the same with other brands, as an example you can look for a Z06 convert and find them showing in inventory, but they are all spoken for. Want an F car 296? Roma spider? The suv? - Nope, you are not getting those either unless you have a relationship or adm. In another thread, someone mentioned an available GT3 in Fla. if you act quickly…didn’t mention the $90k adm attached. Now Mclaren’s and Aston’s, those you can have. I am hearing the occasional car pop available when someone’s financing blows up due to higher rates. So keep checking and be prepared to act fast!
Old 05-25-2024, 10:20 PM
omaralt
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BHSAAA
I wish this was true, but I think you know that many of the cars ( and all desirable cars..) shown on the Pcar site are actually spoken for and have orders against them. It’s the same with other brands, as an example you can look for a Z06 convert and find them showing in inventory, but they are all spoken for. Want an F car 296? Roma spider? The suv? - Nope, you are not getting those either unless you have a relationship or adm. In another thread, someone mentioned an available GT3 in Fla. if you act quickly…didn’t mention the $90k adm attached. Now Mclaren’s and Aston’s, those you can have. I am hearing the occasional car pop available when someone’s financing blows up due to higher rates. So keep checking and be prepared to act fast!

The cars that show up on the Porsche finder website are all available for sale, I’ve confirmed multiple times. I’ve noticed that the number of available cars within 500 miles of me has steadily gone up. So definitely more cars becoming available
The following users liked this post:
JRoach (05-25-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 10:24 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Interesting that they are spoken for. Are the dealers trying to build demand by advertising cars that they can’t sell? No matter the reason, the numbers are going up…I saw that 5 more have been added to the total for my search.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:24 PM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by omaralt
The cars that show up on the Porsche finder website are all available for sale, I’ve confirmed multiple times. I’ve noticed that the number of available cars within 500 miles of me has steadily gone up. So definitely more cars becoming available
I can also confirm this is true.

dealers usually have more cars than available on Porsche finder. If someone backs out of a deal and car is available, it doesn’t immediately show up on Porsche finder.

Additionally, I know a guy who got a GT3 touring at msrp. Yes! Recently. They had good relationship with the dealer.

Old 05-25-2024, 10:27 PM
omaralt
Racer

Originally Posted by soguinness
I can also confirm this is true.

dealers usually have more cars than available on Porsche finder. If someone backs out of a deal and car is available, it doesn’t immediately show up on Porsche finder.

Additionally, I know a guy who got a GT3 touring at msrp. Yes! Recently. They had good relationship with the dealer.

ya cars that show up on the dealers website may or may not be available for sale. But all the cars that show up on the finder website are not spoken for.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:28 PM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 42 Posts

ya cars that show up on the dealers website may or may not be available for sale. But all the cars that show up on the finder website are not spoken for.

True. But the opposite is also true. Recently a dealer called me for a GTS at msrp. It is not on the Porsche finder.
omaralt (05-25-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 10:38 PM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

100% false. You only need one example to prove false right? I haven’t spun up the Porsche finder in over a year, but in early 2023 I found many many 992 sport classics on Porsche finder that were spoken for when I called. The follow up question I’d get the following day about 50% of the time was

“hey that SC you inquired about, would you be willing to pay all cash 450-485k?? You won’t be able to put a plate on it for a year, but we could probably get you enough paper plates to cover you for the year.”
Old 05-25-2024, 10:43 PM
omaralt
Racer

Originally Posted by Billy Bluejay
100% false. You only need one example to prove false right? I haven’t spun up the Porsche finder in over a year, but in early 2023 I found many many 992 sport classics on Porsche finder that were spoken for when I called. The follow up question I’d get the following day about 50% of the time was

“hey that SC you inquired about, would you be willing to pay all cash 450-485k?? You won’t be able to put a plate on it for a year, but we could probably get you enough paper plates to cover you for the year.”

So they are available for sale just with a massive markup!

I’ve inquired about a few cars that I’ve found on the finder website and every one of them was available. These are all S or T. Some had markups. Some didn’t. But all were available for sale. I think that if a car has a name attached to it, it doesn’t show up on the website

Last edited by omaralt; 05-25-2024 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:44 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by soguinness
True. But the opposite is also true. Recently a dealer called me for a GTS at msrp. It is not on the Porsche finder.
Curious on where you're located and if it was a buildable slot or an already landed one where someone backed out?
I have a GTS on order with a 10k ADM from a SoCal dealer, but have had 3 reach outs from my local dealers for MSRP GTS's that were on the ground and customer backed out. Nothing extra from the dealer required for purchase. A buildable slot at all 3 dealers wasn't available.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:14 PM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

So they are available for sale just with a massive markup!

I’ve inquired about a few cars that I’ve found on the finder website and every one of them was available. These are all S or T. Some had markups. Some didn’t. But all were available for sale. I think that if a car has a name attached to it, it doesn’t show up on the website
I assume most on this site are smarter and wiser than me, but just in case……. If you are offered a deal on an SC,ST, or Dakar and the caveat is you have to pay all cash to someone other than the dealer and you cannot register the car for one year, you are being offered a 918 vip car.
Booth9999 (05-27-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 11:20 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Do you guys know a reasonable dealer's retail offer for pre-paid 2nd and 3rd year maintenance at the time of initial purchase? I'd think that the dealer's net profit margins are at least 50% of retail offer for pre-paid maintenance, so if the 2nd and 3rd year pre-paid maintenance retail offer is $3,000, for example, the actual cost to the dealer may be only $1,500.

Considering that the Carrera T market is softening in recent months, I'm thinking about negotiating a complimentary 2nd and 3rd year maintenance to my dealer's original MSRP offer.

In the hypothetical number example above, I'm effectively asking for a mere $1,500 discount, but would like the convenience of complimentary maintenance at the dealership for 3 years, similar to what BMW offers.

Last edited by double-o-seven; 05-25-2024 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:53 AM
GTS2022
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by double-o-seven
Do you guys know a reasonable dealer's retail offer for pre-paid 2nd and 3rd year maintenance at the time of initial purchase? I'd think that the dealer's net profit margins are at least 50% of retail offer for pre-paid maintenance, so if the 2nd and 3rd year pre-paid maintenance retail offer is $3,000, for example, the actual cost to the dealer may be only $1,500.

Considering that the Carrera T market is softening in recent months, I'm thinking about negotiating a complimentary 2nd and 3rd year maintenance to my dealer's original MSRP offer.

In the hypothetical number example above, I'm effectively asking for a mere $1,500 discount, but would like the convenience of complimentary maintenance at the dealership for 3 years, similar to what BMW offers.
Never hurts to ask. Paid $1100 for 2nd year service on my GTS
soguinness (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 10:55 AM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 666 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by double-o-seven

The cost structure does not work the way you explain it. The PSMP should be a set price as it is paid to PCNA, not your dealer, as it is good at any Porsche Dealer in the US (I assume you are located in NA). Your dealer could mark it up, yet there are published price sheets on this forum, and you can simply get current quotes from their Service Department for Year 2 & 3 services to determine what the price should be.

I was recently quoted just under $3K for the PSMP Plus 2, on a 2024 C2S (June delivery). This would get you years 2 & 3 service per the factory schedule.

You can always negotiate the PSMP as a discount item, as I know some dealers offer the Plus 1 package for free at times. (see attached file). So it never hurts to ask for it in order to "close the deal" . Just don't think of it as only costing the dealer 50% of the selling price.

Attached Images

Last edited by 981KMAN; 05-26-2024 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping