Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just venting - ADM

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 04:01 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 245 Likes on 109 Posts

Are there “well known” dealers that sell only at MSRP.

Really tired of this waiting game and with new price increases, MSRP is worthless anyway.

The prices will only fall when labor markets start to deteriorate - right now there is still huge shortage of workers in most industries.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:07 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by R N M

Really tired of this waiting game and with new price increases, MSRP is worthless anyway.

The prices will only fall when labor markets start to deteriorate - right now there is still huge shortage of workers in most industries.
I think at this point, most of those who are getting true MSRP deals are typically established clients/heavy hitters.

In other words, if you have to ask...
Old 06-28-2022, 04:23 PM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

The Penske dealers theoretically do not markup past MSRP. However, I do not know if they are willing to sell to out of state/area customers.

FWIW, I picked up a Macan GTS at MSRP with no prior relationship at a time when GTS models were getting 7-10k ADM. They will continue to get my business based on their "goodwill".

Last edited by chong0; 06-28-2022 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:38 PM
estrov
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chong0
The Penske dealers theoretically do not markup past MSRP. However, I do not know if they are willing to sell to out of state/area customers.

FWIW, I picked up a Macan GTS at MSRP with no prior relationship at a time when GTS models were getting 7-10k ADM. They will continue to get my business based on their "goodwill".
I purchased a GTS Cab from a Penske dealership here in FL and paid a $25K ADM.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:40 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by estrov
I purchased a GTS Cab from a Penske dealership here in FL and paid a $25K ADM.
And that’s not bad at all compared to other ones I’ve seen.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:41 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

The prices will only fall when labor markets start to deteriorate - right now there is still huge shortage of workers in most industries.[/QUOTE]

So true. Things may slow a bit but we not falling off a cliff
Old 06-28-2022, 05:39 PM
estrov
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
And that’s not bad at all compared to other ones I’ve seen.
They started at $30K. I am local and have 2 other P-cars so may have helped.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:04 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

deleted

Last edited by nyca; 06-28-2022 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:14 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 750 Posts

I think that’s very cool. I like your resolve. It just means you’re not going to have a new Porsche anytime soon. Especially in Florida because as a person that practically called the entire United States looking for a turbo S I can say with absolute confidence the highest ADMs were right here in our beloved freedom loving state. The worst being the Dealer in Orlando had a cool $125,000 over retail for their TurboS’s. What kills me in all this is since the economy is definitely crashing you would think this practice would discontinue however as many people noted the part shortage is not getting better anytime soon and that after all is the leading driver in this along with the great economy that we had before. Also I don’t wanna disappoint anyone but most luxury brands have ADMs right now. Sorry. But I think Porsche is the worst. Of course I didn’t check McLaren or Ferrari or Lamborghini. Lol
I’m driving a great Turbo S with all the mods I need. So I’m not crying at night or wringing my hands over not getting a shiny new allocation on a car.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:39 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by raaizin
What is the current ADM on a base or S currently?
10 k plus a watch
Old 06-28-2022, 08:51 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 750 Posts

I think that’s very cool. I like your resolve. It just means you’re not going to have a new Porsche anytime soon. Especially in Florida because as a person that practically called the entire United States looking for a turbo S I can say with absolute confidence the highest ADMs were right here in our beloved freedom loving state. The worst being the Dealer in Orlando had a cool $125,000 over retail for their TurboS’s. What kills me in all this is since the economy is definitely crashing you would think this practice would discontinue however as many people noted the part shortage is not getting better anytime soon and that after all is the leading driver in this along with the great economy that we had before. Also I don’t wanna disappoint anyone but most luxury brands have ADMs right now. Sorry. But I think Porsche is the worst. Of course I didn’t check McLaren or Ferrari or Lamborghini. Lol
I’m driving a great Turbo S with all the mods I need. So I’m not crying at night or wringing my hands over not getting a shiny new allocation on a car.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:14 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Chalk me up to being tired of the b.s. as well. Prices fluctuate wildly across the U.S. They have free reign. It's an auction house. Didn't use to be that way. It used to be "Car is $240k sticker"...period. Not "welcome to our auction house, highest bidder only!!" It's f* brutal and I think some folks will remember this down the line. If there was any loyalty anymore it's been cut 50% minimum.

At this point it has become a matter of principle with me. Not going to overpay. (Turbo S here too btw)
Old 06-28-2022, 10:22 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
Chalk me up to being tired of the b.s. as well. Prices fluctuate wildly across the U.S. They have free reign. It's an auction house. Didn't use to be that way. It used to be "Car is $240k sticker"...period. Not "welcome to our auction house, highest bidder only!!" It's f* brutal and I think some folks will remember this down the line. If there was any loyalty anymore it's been cut 50% minimum.

At this point it has become a matter of principle with me. Not going to overpay. (Turbo S here too btw)
I still can’t figure out why some of you guys take this so personally. Especially when you would do the absolute same thing if you were selling something. How can you overpay for something if that’s what the price is???
The following 2 users liked this post by Patton250:
Drew46 (06-28-2022), M3Inline6 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 10:52 PM
raaizin
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 68 Posts

I still can’t figure out why some of you guys take this so personally. Especially when you would do the absolute same thing if you were selling something. How can you overpay for something if that’s what the price is???
I guess because its their money and it makes it personal. Some of these purchases might be a bit of a stretch especially for the lower trim levels, so an extra 25-50k might make a difference. I dont see a problem with waiting this craziness out or buying in this market if you are so inclined. Everyone has their opinion and that is what makes this country great. If we all thought alike we would be China or North Korea.

Last edited by raaizin; 06-28-2022 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:12 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Simply put, because it is nonlinear all over the country. Independent markups fluctuate according to dealer. It's not steady and it's becoming increasingly annoying to me by the week.

Your trade is $20k better than it used to be? Great! Now we'll mark up the new one by $100k. It's garbage. There is absolutely zero science to it, which isn't the case when the MSRP is computed.

Kinda like Fran Drescher's voice.

Quick Reply: Just venting - ADM