Sponsored by:

Just venting - ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 01:39 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by breny4104
^^As Ronald Reagan said, "Vote with your feet." Move if you don't like it.

Also, vote in general. Cali and FLA have a lot to offer, except for the humidity in FLA.
Man you ain’t kidding. California weather is vastly superior to Florida weather. It’s not even close. Don’t get me wrong we do pretty good in the winter time here though but the summertime is brutal. I hate it.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
I’ve been to Cuba. It’s extremely similar to California. Total opposite to Florida. It’s just the truth. It all depends what’s important to you. I love freedom.
Dude, you have no clue what you are talking about. People who (I among them) experienced living in communist regime can tell you that you are talking nonsense.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:56 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 474 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
Wow! This thread suddenly degenerated fast. California vs Florida, Libs vs Conservatives, “Freedom” vs Whatever.

Just like our country has become - retarded.
Yes, you shouldn't use that term. Also, try to keep the convo friendly.

I thought the discourse has been very friendly. I imagine more people would be upset with your term for special needs people. I could be wrong though.
The following users liked this post:
Patton250 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 02:00 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Matjaz
Dude, you have no clue what you are talking about. People who (I among them) experienced living in communist regime can tell you that you are talking nonsense.
Yeah K

Old 07-01-2022, 02:31 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Wow! This thread suddenly degenerated fast. California vs Florida, Libs vs Conservatives, “Freedom” vs Whatever.

Just like our country has become - retarded.
Fast? 11 pages of mostly nonsense; it degenerated slow.... lol
The following 2 users liked this post by dhirm5:
aggie57 (07-01-2022), slc4s (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 02:44 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Fast? 11 pages of mostly nonsense; it degenerated slow.... lol
Haha, you are right
Old 07-01-2022, 04:07 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 232 Posts

So that’s sorted then. ADM…perfectly acceptable in commie California where the dealers need to cover the extortionate taxes…but not in Florida where they’re more likely to get shot.
The following 2 users liked this post by BondJ:
aggie57 (07-01-2022), SBAD (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 04:09 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Matjaz
Come on! Get a grip! We know California isn’t like living under a true communist regime. It’s hyperbole! California is one of the least free states in this union…..right up there with New York. Our crime is off the charts (…I deal with the criminals first hand), our policies are soft on crime and do not protect the citizenry the way laws should, the various government arms in California constantly infringe on rights under the veil of “oops, it was a mistake”, homelessness is out of control, etc, etc. As a law enforcer in this state, the day to day conditions are undesirable and most of us can’t wait to retire and leave the state. It’s for that reason I was surprised somebody would move here voluntarily from a place like Florida. I agree the weather is great and the geography of the state is diverse. I don’t know of anywhere else in the country where you can snowboard in the morning, hit the desert on ATV’s in the afternoon and surf at the beach in the evening…..on the same day. Outside of that, naw. Just wait until California makes it legal to use methamphetamine, hallucinogens and other hard drugs in public like some of our neighboring states have. It’s coming. The legislative documents are on Newsom’s desk. That, I know is fact. I am thankful I don’t have kids to raise here.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-01-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:16 PM
SBAD
Pro

I thought the discourse has been very friendly. I imagine more people would be upset with your term for special needs people. I could be wrong though.
Although I am not PC, I am perfectly open to another term that fits. But any other terms seem to insult a different group of people. If I use "lame" then I am insulting people who can't walk...
Old 07-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Come on! Get a grip! We know California isn’t like living under a true communist regime. It’s hyperbole! California is one of the least free states in this union…..right up there with New York. Our crime is off the charts (…I deal with the criminals first hand), our policies are soft on crime and do not protect the citizenry the way laws should, the various government arms in California constantly infringe on rights under the veil of “oops, it was a mistake”, etc, etc, etc. As a law enforcer in this state, the day to day conditions are undesirable and most of us can’t wait to retire and leave the state. It’s for that reason I was surprised somebody would move here voluntarily from a place like Florida. I agree the weather is great and the geography of the state is diverse. I don’t know of anywhere else in the country where you can snowboard in the morning, hit the desert on ATV’s in the afternoon and surf at the beach in the evening…..on the same day. Outside of that, naw. Just wait until California makes it legal to use methamphetamine, hallucinogens and other hard drugs in public like some of our neighboring states have. It’s coming. The legislative documents are on Newsom’s desk. That, I know is fact. I am thankful I don’t have kids to raise here.
From that point Washington state is not far behind. Regardless of all that. Once you experience true communism you do appreciate the freedom of this country (regardless the state). Even compared to EU in general, US is far more free. Is it messy? Yes. But that is ok. You need to experience the difference to truly appreciate it. The things that you can do in the US and innovation that happens because of it is unprecedented. Trust me. As a US citizen I truly appreciate this country.
As for California. Love to visit and great weather, but I'm not happy of California following too much EU model.

Last edited by Matjaz; 07-01-2022 at 04:28 PM.
M3Inline6 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 04:22 PM
SBAD
Pro

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Come on! Get a grip! We know California isn’t like living under a true communist regime. It’s hyperbole! California is one of the least free states in this union…..right up there with New York. Our crime is off the charts (…I deal with the criminals first hand), our policies are soft on crime and do not protect the citizenry the way laws should, the various government arms in California constantly infringe on rights under the veil of “oops, it was a mistake”, etc, etc, etc. As a law enforcer in this state, the day to day conditions are undesirable and most of us can’t wait to retire and leave the state. It’s for that reason I was surprised somebody would move here voluntarily from a place like Florida. I agree the weather is great and the geography of the state is diverse. I don’t know of anywhere else in the country where you can snowboard in the morning, hit the desert on ATV’s in the afternoon and surf at the beach in the evening…..on the same day. Outside of that, naw. Just wait until California makes it legal to use methamphetamine, hallucinogens and other hard drugs in public like some of our neighboring states have. It’s coming. The legislative documents are on Newsom’s desk. That, I know is fact. I am thankful I don’t have kids to raise here.
Suggest you watch this thoughtful interview. The guest is a personal friend and has an excellent pulse on the "primal" concerns of Californians. ( I lived there for many years)
M3Inline6 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 05:50 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Suggest you watch this thoughtful interview. The guest is a personal friend and has an excellent pulse on the "primal" concerns of Californians. ( I lived there for many years)
https://youtu.be/zTP3XMGX0hQ
I’ll definitely give it a watch. Thanks for the link.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:03 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,189 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Cali has its downsides, but damn the food is awesome, scenery is unrivaled.
M3Inline6 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 06:14 PM
othertbone
Pro

Received 320 Likes on 209 Posts

Wait... what was this thread originally about again??
Old 07-01-2022, 06:59 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

Thanks everyone, I think this thread has served its purpose and the discussion seems to have gone way off course.
aggie57 (07-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Just venting - ADM