Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 08:09 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliforniaGTS
I need help getting an allocation for a GTS cabriolet. I’ve been on a waiting list since Oct with one dealer. When a GTS cab allocation was given to the dealer in Nov/early Dec, I was told it had to be given to someone who was ahead of me. That I was behind someone was news to me at that time. I was then told that it should come through in the next round being late Jan/Feb. Then that became late Feb/early March. I heard yesterday (after me reaching out to the dealer) that they didn’t get the allocation and I’ll have to keep waiting.

I’m a super easy customer… I’ve got the build designed and will pay cash. The dealer is making money for simply taking an order.

So after waiting for almost 6 months, I’m now feeling naive for putting my eggs in this one basket. I have no duplicate orders across other dealers. Is that foolish?

I live in California, but don’t mind buying from a dealer out of state. Will pay MSRP but not with an ADM.

Can anyone give me any advice, or point me to a good dealer that can make this happen and not attempt to gauge me.

thanks

Michael
Here’s the bad news. Your dealer is selling the allocations to whoever is paying the highest ADM. GTS’s are consistently going for much more than MSRP. From what has been posted here, California dealers seem to be some of the worst ADM offenders. Sorry….

Last edited by NYCGT3; 03-13-2022 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:08 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 955 Posts

In addition, the GTS allocations are further reduced by the number of GTS’s lost on the Felicity Ace that are now being rebuilt with parts limitations caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Good luck, but maybe you need to realistically rethink your expectations.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:41 PM
Jasonamayes
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
In addition, the GTS allocations are further reduced by the number of GTS’s lost on the Felicity Ace that are now being rebuilt with parts limitations caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Good luck, but maybe you need to realistically rethink your expectations.
we were told last week that 718 and 911 has not been affected, currently, and won’t have and slowdowns. ….currently.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:55 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 955 Posts

I think you are correct about both 718 and 992 base and S allocations with some option limitations.Not sure that is correct about limited production models ( GTS, Targa, Turbo, GT3, GT4) because of limited availability of standard equipment on high end models. Hope you are correct.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:23 AM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Thought I'd make one more post on my allocation journey. I finally received my TYD email today and I'm all set with my Porsche ID. The expected delivery date is 172 days from now, which puts me into early September, nearly a full year after first going on the list. I think that's wonderful and its just nice to finally have some movement on all this.
The following 2 users liked this post by JiminyGlick:
NYCGT3 (03-14-2022), Shambler (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 11:22 AM
Carolina1
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Jimmy, OMG its real now! How long after you learned about your allocation did you get your email from Porsche? I got my allocation last week and was told about the same delivery timeframe but i have not seem anything yet
Old 03-14-2022, 11:35 AM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Originally Posted by Carolina1
Hey Jimmy, OMG its real now! How long after you learned about your allocation did you get your email from Porsche? I got my allocation last week and was told about the same delivery timeframe but i have not seem anything yet
Just like some guys on RL predicted, I received it the next business day after my build sheet, which is today. I woke up to it in my inbox.
Have you been shown a build sheet with your name and a V200 status code? That was the last item I received from my SA prior to the TYD email (Friday); any status prior to this will not trigger TYD.
Old 03-14-2022, 11:42 AM
Carolina1
Advanced

Ok, maybe that's the issue, I just gave my dealer my build info and deposit on Sat. Maybe it will take a day for him to get everything entered. Question, not sure if you ever said, what are you getting? specs?
Old 03-14-2022, 11:53 AM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Ok, maybe that's the issue, I just gave my dealer my build info and deposit on Sat. Maybe it will take a day for him to get everything entered. Question, not sure if you ever said, what are you getting? specs?
Oh sure, you gotta give them some time to enter it and have Porsche accept the order and all that. If you want confirmation that all happened, wait a few days and ask them for a build sheet.
I order a lightly-optioned C2.
  • C2
  • Guards Red (there's other colors??? )
  • Turbo Wheels, logo caps
  • Full leather Slate interior with Chalk stitching
  • Sport Chrono
  • Ext gas tank
  • LCA
That's about it, I'm a man of modest needs
The following 2 users liked this post by JiminyGlick:
Carolina1 (03-14-2022), Shambler (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 02:31 PM
Carolina1
Advanced

Finally going to happen! after 30 years of waiting.
The following 10 users liked this post by Carolina1:
AlterZgo (03-14-2022), BadlyDrawnBoy (03-15-2022), barrett (03-14-2022), becauseitis (03-15-2022), Fcassells (03-14-2022), Go Bruins (03-14-2022), Jkb545 (08-22-2022), ron4sc (03-14-2022), Shambler (03-14-2022), Swayze (03-14-2022) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-14-2022, 05:34 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

As an update, my local stores SM called me unsolicited and we had a nice chat. Net, net, no allocation in my C4S spec so barring some miracle drop or pivoting to another dealer, Im looking at a Fall / 2023 model at best.
Since Im about the "oldest" non-specialty deposit he has, he did offer a C4GTS with an August slot and No ADM but since this car will be a heavy use DD, I declined. I do appreciate his candor and the offer to get me into a car that he could just as easily sell to many buyers.
I will stick with them and just buckle in for another 6 moths of waiting...gone this long, I can handle it!
Old 03-14-2022, 05:54 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

I think the next normal allocation month is May, correct? Maybe the "4" models will get love then?

Last edited by Shambler; 03-14-2022 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2022, 08:45 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
As an update, my local stores SM called me unsolicited and we had a nice chat. Net, net, no allocation in my C4S spec so barring some miracle drop or pivoting to another dealer, Im looking at a Fall / 2023 model at best.
Since Im about the "oldest" non-specialty deposit he has, he did offer a C4GTS with an August slot and No ADM but since this car will be a heavy use DD, I declined. I do appreciate his candor and the offer to get me into a car that he could just as easily sell to many buyers.
I will stick with them and just buckle in for another 6 moths of waiting...gone this long, I can handle it!
Eeeeek, I think it might have been a mistake to pass on the GTS...unless you don't want the GTS extras, it can be spec'd as just as much a capable DD as the C4S. And might hold its value better, AND you were offered no ADM.
Old 03-14-2022, 09:13 PM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Just thought I would give you an update and my experience. I know everyone has been waiting for a long time, reading all these post many have been on the list for 6 mo's or more. My SA always said to me that getting a allocation was a crap shoot. Luckily for me I picked the right car, (C2S cab) I put my order in on Jan 30th and got my allocation on Friday! I know people will hate for my luck. Asked my SA how they did overall in this latest round of allocations. Told me that is was light and basically all 911 base or s. He still has a bunch of people who didnt get cars. He also told me some other interesting things, btw this rep was been with porsche for 30 years and has some real connections with Porsche
1) was told to expect a price increase about 12-15% for 2023
2) said a lot of dealers take orders but never put them into the Porsche system as a demand orders, they just hold them and wait for the allocation to come in, seems strange but some dealers put in demand orders for what THEY want and then sell it
3) he heard also heard they they have stopped all the electric car production for a bit, hence why I think this allocation became available.
3) they have completely stopped taking an orders on turbo's, he doesn't believe this cars will ever be built or of it is it will be in very small nubers
4) a lot of options are being pulled off orders, most of them are performance based options,, brakes and such. None of it affected my order.
5) I really liked the fact he went through my order and actually pulled things off that he said was not worth it or based on how I was going to use the car I would never need that particular option.

sorry to ramble , I know people on this site love all kinds of information and facts so a couple more about my car/order
1) ordered from my local dealer ( he would only take orders if you were local, no out of state orders) mid size dealer in a mod size east coast town
2) ordered a C2S Cab , manual transmission
. Black/tan total options added $8,900 so definitely did not go crazy on the option side.
3) MSRP, no ADM
4) just booked my Porsche driving exprence in Atlanta. Going in May with a group of buddies. What's nice is one of the cars is a S manual so I will get to learn how to really drive the car and transmission as intended by Porsche. My SA said that this is the best $500 you will ever spend, said it is truly the only way to really learn about and how to drive the car, esp if you are new to the brand.

congrats to everyone who got a spot on this latest round and everyone else, hang in there it will happen.
When will the price increase for MY2023 be announced? April? Are you saying they have stopped taking orders on 911 Turbo S?
Old 03-14-2022, 09:33 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,984 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
This is crazy. Why would you pass up a GTS allocation? It’s basically the same car as a Carrera S with more sporty options and power for barely more money. What’s wrong with a heavy daily driven GTS? These cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed.
The following 4 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
Go Bruins (03-14-2022), NYCGT3 (03-14-2022), rouxeny (03-14-2022), Yojeffo (03-14-2022)

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation