Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Agave
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JiminyGlick
I am looking for the same answer because I am in the exact same situation, except mine is for a C2 but I'm also first on the list. I last spoke with my SA in mid November and was told that an allocation in December would be likely, freeze date in March and then delivery in June/July. I asked him when we should speak next (so as to not pester the guy) and he told me that I'd be hearing from him in December. It's Dec 11 today and I haven't heard from him yet. So if there is anyone else out there that knows about Dec allocations, I'm all ears.
Same for me, been on since May, and supposedly 3rd on the list.

Any updates or news of December allocations? Or is February the more common answer?
Old 12-13-2021, 02:45 PM
MPH0514
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one SA tell me on 12/11/21 "we are expecting allocation towards the end of the month". Another SA from a different dealer on 12/8/21 "We are waiting for the allocations to be released. I will advise when they are. I am hoping they will be released within the next week to ten days."

As we all know that may mean nothing, but it is the best I have so far. I am also supposedly #1 on the C2 couple allocation list.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:29 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by famous shoes
Has anyone received a 992 base or S allocation in December?

I've been waiting for a C2S allocation at my local dealer since May. First on the waiting list now but they have only received one C2S in July and that's been it. Like most other dealers, in November they received GTS, GT3 and TurboS spots, which would make sense since these are all produced on the same chassis apparently? My SA said they receive very little information from PCNA regarding timing of upcoming allocations, but he is thinking next batch will be in February.
Originally Posted by JiminyGlick
I am looking for the same answer because I am in the exact same situation, except mine is for a C2 but I'm also first on the list. I last spoke with my SA in mid November and was told that an allocation in December would be likely, freeze date in March and then delivery in June/July. I asked him when we should speak next (so as to not pester the guy) and he told me that I'd be hearing from him in December. It's Dec 11 today and I haven't heard from him yet. So if there is anyone else out there that knows about Dec allocations, I'm all ears.
Originally Posted by Agave
Same for me, been on since May, and supposedly 3rd on the list.

Any updates or news of December allocations? Or is February the more common answer?
Originally Posted by MPH0514
I had one SA tell me on 12/11/21 "we are expecting allocation towards the end of the month". Another SA from a different dealer on 12/8/21 "We are waiting for the allocations to be released. I will advise when they are. I am hoping they will be released within the next week to ten days."

As we all know that may mean nothing, but it is the best I have so far. I am also supposedly #1 on the C2 couple allocation list.
PLOT TWIST: We're all "#1 on the list" at the same dealer
The following 2 users liked this post by JiminyGlick:
Agave (12-13-2021), westcoastj (12-16-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 07:21 PM
RedTide
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Was also first on the list for a C4S. First on the list and waiting since Feb 1st of this year. The dealer I'm working with mentioned they might be racing allocations in December, but nothing solid. They mentioned if they could get a 4GTS allocation fast if I'd consider switching so I said sure. But still no word as of today. I did go in last week to check out another customers Targa 4s, which I think they order back in May. The SA that I chatted with then ( not mine ) mentioned that they have not gotten a C4S allocation in nearly 2 years now and that seems to be systemic to all of California... So something about C4S and Porsche not providing those allocations to the West Coast. But Porsche has my order, they are aware, just not fulfilling for what ever reason... So to me it's not a dealer issue, it's a Porsche issue.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:00 AM
992ASAP
2nd Gear

So I've been on multiple waiting lists for a C2S since July. All dealers that have me on a list verbally confirmed that I would pay no more than list. I have a refundable $2,500 deposit with one dealer and have a build spec with list price in writing. During this time I've been offered (2) C4S cars with a "market adjustment". I figured that the demand for the C4S must be low until I read more and more allocation threads of those waiting on a C4S. Can I assume that dealers may be skipping people on waiting lists in attempt to get the additional mark-up? Hate to think that some of us may not be getting cars because they are being sold at a premium to someone else.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:37 AM
SBAD
Pro

Received 707 Likes on 278 Posts

Reading all these posts makes me think what a negative experience this has turned into for what should be a joyous, and for some of us, a momentous occasion. Strange times.

I waited 9 months and switched dealers. The good news is it’s still worth the wait.
The following 2 users liked this post by SBAD:
992ASAP (12-16-2021), typehxr1 (12-18-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 12:51 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by 992ASAP
So I've been on multiple waiting lists for a C2S since July. All dealers that have me on a list verbally confirmed that I would pay no more than list. I have a refundable $2,500 deposit with one dealer and have a build spec with list price in writing. During this time I've been offered (2) C4S cars with a "market adjustment". I figured that the demand for the C4S must be low until I read more and more allocation threads of those waiting on a C4S. Can I assume that dealers may be skipping people on waiting lists in attempt to get the additional mark-up? Hate to think that some of us may not be getting cars because they are being sold at a premium to someone else.
I certainly think that is possible. they may not want to reach out to you to offer an allocation with an ADM because then they are admitting they have one and are not honoring the agreement with you (without getting into a side discussion as to the enforceability of that "agreement", there is at lease some "face" and reputation to be considered). The ASAP in your name may evolve to mean Assuming Some Adjustment Paid.
The following users liked this post:
992ASAP (12-15-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 01:18 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Absolutely what they are doing. I know people who have been on a waitlist who were recently offered an allocation with ADM. The written agreement saying list price is meaningless because it does not stipulate when you will get the allocation...they will offer cars to others as long as the market bears an ADM. At the moment the majority of car buyers across the entire market are paying ADMs so it is going to be hard to get a 911 without one without waiting at least 6 months to a year.

The following 2 users liked this post by malba2366:
992ASAP (12-20-2021), Porsche newb (12-24-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 01:29 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts
Smile

This practice on the part of dealers has been going on throughout the year since the shortages were evident, across all 911 models. People on these 'lists' are being skipped in search of the additional premium over msrp. Also, a C4S allocation is harder to obtain from Porsche to dealer, for some reason. I am not sure why, but I have lived it with the 2 allocations and orders that I placed between early 2020 and summer 2021, both were for C4S 992s and I had to wait. Separately as I have a GT3T on order (paid ADM) with Spring '22 delivery, so my MT PTS '22 C4S will have to be sold well in advance of that. For anyone interested PM me and if we agree on something I will give that person first dibs before I am ready to depart from the car. That vehicle will not go back to any dealer, it will be sold to a third party.

Good luck and hope you get your C4S slot soon. JAB
Old 12-15-2021, 03:09 PM
992ASAP
2nd Gear

Sounds like many that are unwilling to/or assume won't pay an ADM fee will be waiting some time before seeing a car. For now the ASAP stands for "Another Sales Ambassador Promise". I was orignally told the ADM fees were only for the high dollar cars. I guess this has changed. If I'm offered the C2S I want with an ADM fee I will need to decide how much I want it. My C2S build is at 150k, with a 15k ADM fee I'm getting close to a base Turbo price without ADM fee (and a very long wait time). I gues we all could have worse problems..... Damn pandemic!
Old 12-15-2021, 11:39 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Base turbo at msrp? Probably a much longer wait time.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:53 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,136 Likes on 3,006 Posts

This year’s ADMs and market adjustments will be quaint compared to what you will see a year from now. Between global inflation and supply chain crunches, a 2023 is going to cost you significantly more than a 2022.

Those of us who paid below MSRP for our 992s are very lucky.
The following 3 users liked this post by detansinn:
Go Bruins (12-16-2021), robert310 (12-24-2021), russbert (12-17-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 02:08 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,104 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
This year’s ADMs and market adjustments will be quaint compared to what you will see a year from now. Between global inflation and supply chain crunches, a 2023 is going to cost you significantly more than a 2022.

Those of us who paid below MSRP for our 992s are very lucky.
Agreed. I didn't get my usual discount, but I ended up getting what I paid for my 2.5 year old, 7200 mile 991.2 on trade with a "tiny" courtesy/repeat customer discount on my order. And, I'm getting a car in the time frame I requested and was promised (or at least it looks that way for now). It's supposed to arrive here mid March, but I'm fine waiting an extra couple months if need be, especially the way things have "evolved". I can easily see a 5% + across the board price increase before ADMs after the first of the year.
I think we'll keep this one long term.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:41 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 667 Posts

I got my allocation Tuesday. Expected delivery 5/13 (yes, that’s a Friday &#128527. Granted that could (probably will) change, but it’s a lot sooner than I thought it would arrive. RWD GTS. MSRP
The following 3 users liked this post by Denny Swift:
843Spyder (12-16-2021), Riazah (12-17-2021), westcoastj (12-17-2021)
Old 12-24-2021, 11:03 AM
ClickClickBoom
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I was contacted yesterday by my dealer. I got an allocation on base car to be built in May. I'm declining it, because I'm going to wait this out a couple years. I really dream of a 991 gt3. In the mean time I ordered a Rubicon 392 to menace my neighborhood.

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation