Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 12:54 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 245 Likes on 109 Posts

Just built one and came out to $148k with aerokit lol Thats $20k more than my current one.

I didn’t see options for CCB brakes, Bose, and regular glass windows. Are these coming later on?
Old 10-19-2022, 01:03 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,288 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by Gleebag
Here’s my build. Need 4 seats for family. I’m back and forth about 18’s & 4 way seats. I LOVE 18’s but I like the efficient access to the back seats that the 4 ways provide. Any insight?
Many threads and opinions on that topic. I'll share my perspective/experience here:

I find the 18-ways offer greater flexibility and better support when it is needed. My 911 serves the dual duty of daily driver and track toy. For the daily, I inflate the lumbar support and open both the seat bottom and seat back side bolsters for a nice couch like seat. For the track, I deflate the lumbar support and tighten the seat bottom and seat back side-bolsters for a sug bucket like seat. And the beauty is that both configurations are stored in the memories 1 and 2, so I can switch between street and track setups with the simple press of a button. I have two kids that regularly ride with me, no issue with access to the back seat with the 18-way.

As an additional tidbit, a track buddy of mine has the 4-way Sport+ seats in his C2S. We went back and forth switching between our two cars and both agreed that the 18-way are superior seats overall and he regretted not having them on his car.

In the end, there are no right or wrong choice here, get whatever suits you best.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 10-19-2022 at 01:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stespa (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 796 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
The cars on the pics all have some optional packages added - a leather interior with 18 way seats and stitching just looks nicer in ads than the standard interior...maybe same for Bose. Nobody knows until the configurator is released.
The base sounds the same as the Bose with volume set to 0 so you can listen to the main attraction!
The following 3 users liked this post by 22992:
balucipher (10-19-2022), Gleebag (10-19-2022), Multimodal (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:05 PM
d6veteran
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a GTS allocation and never thought the T would come out. I considered swapping because I don't need the extra power in the GTS. But then after playing with the configurator ... the T doesn't offer bucket seats???

I guess they don't want it to compete with the GT$ ?

It looks like GTS is the only non-GT3 that lets you configure buckets seats, rear seat delete, sunroof delete and less noise insulation. The things I want in my next 992 (in a world where I can not get a GT3 or RS allocation).

Old 10-19-2022, 01:09 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by d6veteran
I have a GTS allocation and never thought the T would come out. I considered swapping because I don't need the extra power in the GTS. But then after playing with the configurator ... the T doesn't offer bucket seats???

I guess they don't want it to compete with the GT$ ?

It looks like GTS is the only non-GT3 that lets you configure buckets seats, rear seat delete, sunroof delete and less noise insulation. The things I want in my next 992 (in a world where I can not get a GT3 or RS allocation).
The press release mentions it with photos of it so I'm guessing the configurator hasn't updated yet.
Ukkid74 (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:15 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by R N M
Just built one and came out to $148k with aerokit lol Thats $20k more than my current one.

I didn’t see options for CCB brakes, Bose, and regular glass windows. Are these coming later on?
Probably not. With the supply shortages for PCCB, it makes sense they left it off the T trim. Bose is gone on the base and now T, I suspect that will stick. The lightweight glass is part of the special package for the T so I don't think they'll let you option it out. They'd rather you spend the extra money on an S or build out a base with all these performance options ticked and extra chances to get your money on all the options that are missing from the T package (different interiors, wheel choices etc)

This is pretty consistent with how they handled the 718 T, except the very early 718 T's got PCCBs before that was dropped.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:17 PM
d6veteran
Instructor

Originally Posted by ashr43

Any opinions on the base audio vs Burmeister? that 6k (canadian) is a tough pill to swallow in a car with less sound deadening material, but the base audio in my 981 GT4 leaves me a little scared. Anyone have experiences with the base?
I've got three 2020+ Porsches, each have a different audio system (base, bose, burmeister). Here's my opinion for what it is worth.
  • Base. This is the stereo in my Spyder. It's a decent stereo but I rarely use it because I'm usually driving with the top down or at the track. I have on occasion turned it up and nothing impressive, and fairly flat sound.
  • Bose. This is in a Boxster 25. It's a noticeable upgrade from the base. Even with the top down you can crank it up and hear more range (and volume) over the base.
  • Burmeister. This is in my 992. It's a noticeable upgrade from the Bose, HOWEVER, you need to use a lossless source/service (like Tidal, which offers master quality albums) to utilize the Bermeister, otherwise you're not really going to hear much difference from the Bose. But if you use a lossless source, it's impressive.
Having said all that, honestly, I rarely use the stereo in any of my Porsches. Even the 911, with the Burmeister, I am usually wanting to hear the engine over the stereo. But when I am in the mood to crank up a song, I am happy to have the Bermeister. It also looks great with the doors open.

In my opinion you should get the T for the rear seat delete and take it to the track as much as possible. It will be loud inside and you're going to be fighting engine (and road) noise with any stereo.

If you want a boom box, get the base 992, put extra cash into the newer interior options (like Heritage), add a Burmeister, and you've got an amazing ride. Your lady/dude passengers will love you for it

The following 2 users liked this post by d6veteran:
deej (10-20-2022), KLOC (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:18 PM
d6veteran
Instructor

Originally Posted by balucipher
The press release mentions it with photos of it so I'm guessing the configurator hasn't updated yet.
You're probably right - that makes more sense. I was shocked to not see them in the config.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:23 PM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
Probably not. With the supply shortages for PCCB, it makes sense they left it off the T trim. Bose is gone on the base and now T, I suspect that will stick. The lightweight glass is part of the special package for the T so I don't think they'll let you option it out. They'd rather you spend the extra money on an S or build out a base with all these performance options ticked and extra chances to get your money on all the options that are missing from the T package (different interiors, wheel choices etc)

This is pretty consistent with how they handled the 718 T, except the very early 718 T's got PCCBs before that was dropped.
I think that if/when supply shortages ease, some of those options may come back (MY 2024).
Old 10-19-2022, 01:26 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,791 Likes on 944 Posts

Configured a T similar to my 21 C2S to see how it shakes out. And while I understand the T is designed to be different, the price of the T and my 21 C2S were within $500 of eachother.

Except that the T is missing:
Bose
Illuminated Door Sills
930 Leather Package
Deviated Seat Centers

None of those options are available, and if they were, the price would be undoubtedly be higher.
The T has less color and wheel options.
Smaller engine and smaller brakes.
The comparison is not apples to apples as the MY23 cars have seen price bumps over a MY21 and a new buyer comparing a C2S to a C2T would save some $$ on the T.
But I have a hard time seeing the appeal of this. Originally I thought I would prefer a base Carrera if it came with the manual option, and opted for the S only because of the manual.

In the end I did not just get a bigger engine and better brakes, but also other changes in the suspension, differential, etc. that the base car did not have and which makes the S a noticeable upgrade from the base. The T tries to bridge the gap, and at current pricing gives manual buyers an attractive option. But I personally don't think this is a smart buy for PDK buyers.
A Nonce (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:26 PM
Das14444
Pro

Received 333 Likes on 160 Posts

I guess I cant be the No T guy anymore :-)

…congrats to all who have been patiently waiting…

Order what you like, but definitely recommend getting your T w. lightweight EVERYTHING, no sunroof, buckets, rear seat delete and manual - IMHO it’s a really special car when spec’d as a proper T and proper spec’d T’s should hold value for a long time

Reading previous posts here and the new T does NOT offer buckets and PCCB? WTF porsche? That is a miss. I could live without the brakes but lightweight buckets are a must for my T!

Last edited by Das14444; 10-19-2022 at 01:31 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Das14444:
balucipher (10-19-2022), Gibberish (10-19-2022), KLOC (10-19-2022), tourenwagen (10-20-2022), Ukkid74 (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:28 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
To me, the “T” with a MT looks a lot like an AutoCross spec 911. Best ordered with no options, if that’s the role the buyer has for it.
Have to agree with this. KISS principle applies here.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:33 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,791 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Das14444

Order what you like, but definitely recommend getting your T w. lightweight EVERYTHING, no sunroof, buckets, rear seat delete and manual - IMHO it’s a really special car when spec’d as a proper T and proper spec’d T’s should hold value for a long time

Reading previous posts here and the new T does NOT offer buckets and PCCB? WTF porsche? That is a miss. I could live without the brakes but lightweight buckets are a must for my T!
Interior options are set special for the T it seems with the 911 logo on the seats and very few interior options. As to the seats themselves, the buckets don't seem to be an option. They have even limited the exterior colors for the T considerably.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:35 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Das14444

Here you are 😉

I Honestly believed it may not happen just a couple of months ago, my dealer gave nothing away but just told me to be patient.
I have placed an order but as usual with Porsche it's difficult to not add some options.. 8k in options later 😆

Das14444 (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:40 PM
gskv
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

I was thinking the T would return as a 992.2 T. Preferably with the analog gauge as the only one in the line up, and rid the darn glossy black plastics all around.
The following 2 users liked this post by gskv:
Gibberish (10-19-2022), tourenwagen (10-20-2022)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club