Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022 | 08:10 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by Scott P
Not to burst bubbles but I saw a post indicating no Euro deliveries until September at the earliest? I hope I'm wrong for your sakes.
That's all I've seen here and on other forums. Roughly August/September. When I dropped my deposit off in October, my SA said probably April/May. Oops. June would have been nice because I'll likely be near Stuttgart anyway, but I'll take it if that's all I'm offered.
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:15 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

No more Carrara White Metallic, Aventurine Green or Chalk either.
What????? I hope you are wrong...

I texted my SA today to get an update - no news for me.
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:19 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Well, on the upside . . . . Monza F1 race is 9/3 which is something you should seriously plan on attending. Was there in 98 when Schu/Irvine placed 1-2. It was like the second coming of Christ, literally. Church bells were ringing, flags were waving, old ladies were singing on balconies, just incredible.
The following 3 users liked this post by Scott P:
adm63 (12-20-2022), Gregonater (12-20-2022), HerrDr (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:25 PM
Gregonater
Advanced

Well, on the upside . . . . Monza F1 race is 9/3 which is something you should seriously plan on attending. Was there in 98 when Schu/Irvine placed 1-2. It was like the second coming of Christ, literally. Church bells were ringing, flags were waving, old ladies were singing on balconies, just incredible.
If someone gets Early August Euro Delivery then they need to go to Spa at the end of July! I've been to both Monza and Spa and Spa is something truly special. Monza is also great.

I won't be attending any GPs on my Euro Delivery trip but I am hoping to attend a track day at Spa, track day at Nordschleife and I have a wedding to attend in France in September so this could end up being quite the road trip if it all lines up! Of course...a trip through the alps will be necessary as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gregonater:
HerrDr (12-20-2022), Scott P (12-21-2022)
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:33 PM
erick.ibarra
Rennlist Member

I submitted my build and was told that managment is looking for 20k min of options and a sunroof.http://www.porsche-code.com/PPA2ZN94

I wanted a light version but i guess i will have to add RAS , more race tex (everywhere) and a glass sunroof ( been told pretty much that needs to have it)

I dont see many other options that i find value in .

IlL go see him tomorrow
not thrilled to be dictated and de - ethosize my touring build 🤣

Old 12-20-2022 | 08:35 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by erick.ibarra
I submitted my build and was told that managment is looking for 20k min of options and a sunroof.http://www.porsche-code.com/PPA2ZN94

I wanted a light version but i guess i will have to add RAS , more race tex (everywhere) and a glass sunroof ( been told pretty much that needs to have it)

IlL go see him tomorrow
I find it such a slap in the face to pay over $120k for a car and still not get to choose the car that you want. I'll be very upset if my dealership tries the same thing with me. Especially since I'm aiming for a pretty minimal build that's just the essentials of what I want!
The following users liked this post:
Multimodal (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:37 PM
Gregonater
Advanced

IlL go see him tomorrow
I have to add a similar amount of options (in Canadian $) or my build will get pushed back perpetually for high spec'd builds...but forcing you to add a sunroof? I donn't get why they would force you to spec it with a sunroof and I hope you can push back and at least add options you would find value in.
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:37 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

IlL go see him tomorrow
That really sucks. I feel like that kind of direction is so contrary to why we choose Porsche. Dealers here are asking for bigger deposits at the time of ordering, but otherwise it seems the Canadian dealers will always let you order what you want. My SA gets a kick out of unique and interesting builds.
The following 3 users liked this post by bluelines1974:
Gregonater (12-20-2022), HerrDr (12-20-2022), Multimodal (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:46 PM
Multimodal
Rennlist Member

IlL go see him tomorrow
As others have said, that is really poor dealership behavior. They are putting themselves over the customer in terms of both initial profit and ease of resale, even if it means the original customer doesn’t get what they want. Also, Porsche’s marketing strategy is that owning their cars is the culmination of lifelong goals; if that is the case, then you should be able to have it your way. I would call Porsche HQ to complain and ask for their support you find yourself forced to spec your customer order in a way that you don’t want.

Last edited by Multimodal; 12-20-2022 at 08:54 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Multimodal:
balucipher (12-20-2022), HerrDr (12-20-2022), Macboy (12-21-2022)
Old 12-20-2022 | 08:50 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba
as others have said, that is really poor dealership behavior. They are putting themselves over the customer in terms of both profit and resale, even if it means the original customer doesn’t get what they want. Also, Porsches marketing strategy is that owning their cars are the culmination of lifelong goals; if that is the case, then you should be able to have it your way. I would call Porsche HQ and complain and ask for their support you find yourself forced into spec in the custom car order that you don’t want.
I might even, in such a complaint, suggest that this lessens your interest in the brand and likelihood of being a repeat customer. Why offer the option of building your spec...if you can't have your spec? Being effectively a franchise model in the USA, hopefully they can apply the right kind of pressure (though I'm not sure they'd bother)
Old 12-20-2022 | 09:28 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gregonater
I have to add a similar amount of options (in Canadian $) or my build will get pushed back perpetually for high spec'd builds...but forcing you to add a sunroof? I donn't get why they would force you to spec it with a sunroof and I hope you can push back and at least add options you would find value in.
I’ve never had a Canadian dealer suggest this, but maybe it’s because my builds have been pretty heavy on the options.
Old 12-20-2022 | 09:42 PM
Gregonater
Advanced

Originally Posted by bluelines1974
I’ve never had a Canadian dealer suggest this, but maybe it’s because my builds have been pretty heavy on the options.
My original build pretty much just had the partial leather T package, rear axle steering and paint so the options were extremely light. I was basically told my build would be on the back burner if I did not increase my options amount.
Old 12-20-2022 | 09:48 PM
Ethos_of_the_T
Advanced

IlL go see him tomorrow
I don’t have much going on tomorrow and would love to speak with the sales manager and general manager of your dealership and politely explain to them the Ethos of the T 👍🏻

I think it’s beyond ridiculous that situations like this are happening. Good luck tomorrow and stand your ground!
The following 5 users liked this post by Ethos_of_the_T:
arrivederci (12-20-2022), Gregonater (12-20-2022), HerrDr (12-20-2022), Macboy (12-21-2022), Multimodal (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022 | 10:11 PM
TomTarzian
Rennlist Member

Congratulations to all those who received allocations today. Merry Christmas!

Regarding rear seats, what are your thoughts? I have read that the T sounds "boomy" on the highway because of less sound insulation, including lack of rear seats, and I have read it is only slightly noisier than the base model and the S. I have safety concerns about actually putting anyone back there and there would be more room back there without seats. But I don't want the T to sound annoying while driving on highways. Thoughts?

God bless you,
TT
Old 12-20-2022 | 10:27 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Congratulations to all those who received allocations today. Merry Christmas!

Regarding rear seats, what are your thoughts? I have read that the T sounds "boomy" on the highway because of less sound insulation, including lack of rear seats, and I have read it is only slightly noisier than the base model and the S. I have safety concerns about actually putting anyone back there and there would be more room back there without seats. But I don't want the T to sound annoying while driving on highways. Thoughts?

God bless you,
TT
In my last 911, I think I only had someone sitting in the back seats for a total of about 8 minutes over 7 years. That being said, I loved the parcel shelf you get lowering the seatbacks of the backseats down. Great for bags, boxes of pizza or donuts...

Shamelessly stolen image from a quick image search:

I'll put them in my T because I like the storage configuration and I really like the checker patten on the seat inserts. Not ethos-friendly, but it's what I want in a 911.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club