Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023 | 09:12 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shane_b
I’m not sure but none of my modes have any stop / start enabled… in fact I have to actually ‘enable’ it rather than ‘disable’ which I love! I wished my M5 had that as turning it off became part of my start-up regime.
Cool. Good to know. Someone told me that auto stop/start is on by default only in normal mode. If so, that would be ok since I’ll probably never be in that mode.
The following users liked this post:
Ryan993 (04-24-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 02:07 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by adm63

I don’t see anything exotic in your spec. My car is also stuck in Emden.

Sadly, the process is not fully integrated and the car could be much further. E.g. my app shows me my car is still in production and no pics, while SE sent me screenshot that my car is awaiting transport across the Canal La Manche.
Old 04-25-2023 | 02:12 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

I’m not sure but none of my modes have any stop / start enabled… in fact I have to actually ‘enable’ it rather than ‘disable’ which I love! I wished my M5 had that as turning it off became part of my start-up regime.

Does it mean that when you deactivate stop/ start with the toggle / diamond switch, it remembers your selection?
Then when you get into your car the next day, the stop/start is still deactivated?

That would be a best config feature ever!
Old 04-25-2023 | 03:15 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Originally Posted by Uhu
Has anyone have "PPF" installed over the side decals? How is it holding?
Same with the rear wheel arches protection, put on top of the PPF.
I have only had front end and roof done but it does cover the front part of the side decal; truthfully I can’t tell the difference even when knelt down next to it.

I apologise for the dirt but I’ll take another pic later if I remember.
Uhu (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 03:49 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

I have only had front end and roof done but it does cover the front part of the side decal; truthfully I can’t tell the difference even when knelt down next to it.

I apologise for the dirt but I’ll take another pic later if I remember.
I have full PPF (excl windscreen and lights) and so far after 10 days no issues with any of it including the decals. What issue have you noticed??
Old 04-25-2023 | 03:54 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
They do not tell you about paint work done at the port. The Port is considered part of the factory. And their body shop is second to none, so it's the same quality work that is done when a car gets damaged during the build process at the factory. Both are rare, but it happens.

That reminds me...

WARNING ALL NEW T-OWNERS!!!!

Be sure to check all of your glass very closely for small cracks before taking delivery, especially the side rear quarter windows. My SA told me they found a very small crack near the rubber edge of that window in a GT3 and had to order a new one (for $2,200!). They delivered the car and will replace the glass when the new one comes in. But I wanted to pass that info along.
Just double checked mine and seem OK. It wouldn’t have surprised me if that window was damaged when taking it off the transport trailer, because that’s when my tyre was slashed and the alloy slightly damaged!
Tyre was replaced but still waiting for replacement alloy.
Old 04-25-2023 | 03:58 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Originally Posted by Barkat03
I have full PPF (excl windscreen and lights) and so far after 10 days no issues with any of it including the decals. What issue have you noticed??
I haven’t… I’m delighted with it. Glad I didn’t opt to remove first and try to buy another decal to go on top. Even if the edges become more visible over time as someone else suggested, I doubt I will ever be able to see it! It’s only ever clean for a day!
HerrDr (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 04:02 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

I haven’t… I’m delighted with it. Glad I didn’t opt to remove first and try to buy another decal to go on top. Even if the edges become more visible over time as someone else suggested, I doubt I will ever be able to see it! It’s only ever clean for a day!
Did you replace the plastic transparent covering on the hips that the factory puts on? I did.
My PPF guy said 50% want it permanently removed.
Old 04-25-2023 | 04:08 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Originally Posted by Barkat03
Did you replace the plastic transparent covering on the hips that the factory puts on? I did.
My PPF guy said 50% want it permanently removed.
I didn’t have a full PPF although I am now tempted to go back and have the rest done. I would definitely remove the rear first though as it’s much thicker than a decal… I would then have it reinstated on top to give a double layer in that area. That is what many do I understand from my friend that does it. For some reason I like the look of that too… ever since days of old they have always had some kind of protection there albeit I wouldn’t go for black like on the old 911’s!
HerrDr (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 05:06 AM
NewTo911s
Instructor

Even though I know my car is on its way to the dealer it was really exciting to see these pictures arrive in the app this morning. Can’t wait to see the SB in the flesh.
The following 10 users liked this post by NewTo911s:
arrivederci (04-25-2023), Cartod (04-25-2023), Edward911 (04-26-2023), HerrDr (04-25-2023), Macboy (04-25-2023), sfnyc (04-25-2023), shane_b (04-25-2023), Uhu (04-25-2023), Wilder (04-25-2023), Ørjan (04-25-2023) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-25-2023 | 06:17 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

I didn’t have a full PPF although I am now tempted to go back and have the rest done. I would definitely remove the rear first though as it’s much thicker than a decal… I would then have it reinstated on top to give a double layer in that area. That is what many do I understand from my friend that does it. For some reason I like the look of that too… ever since days of old they have always had some kind of protection there albeit I wouldn’t go for black like on the old 911’s!
I have it like that also. Like the look of it and that part is double protected. I don’t have the full car done, but it’s almost the full car so good enough for me.

Originally Posted by ECNJ
Cool. Good to know. Someone told me that auto stop/start is on by default only in normal mode. If so, that would be ok since I’ll probably never be in that mode.
Originally Posted by Pivot
Does it mean that when you deactivate stop/ start with the toggle / diamond switch, it remembers your selection? Then when you get into your car the next day, the stop/start is still deactivated? That would be a best config feature ever!
No unfortunately not. And it’s definitely not normal so @shane_b probably is just lucky with a wrong switch or something. But in normal mode start/stop is on. Not a big problem since most of us will drive in sport mode turning it off.

Originally Posted by Uhu
"simple display" - do you mean the one behind the wheel or the one inside the bigger one, on the right?
Behind the wheel yes. See picture. This “simple mode” would be great on a trackday. But you don’t seem to be able to change these parameters. Which you can in the normal modes. I don’t like this logic because what use has the outside temperature and the clock for me on a track. At least make it changeable. Would love to see the oil temperature for example.

HerrDr (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 06:34 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macboy
No unfortunately not. And it’s definitely not normal so @shane_b probably is just lucky with a wrong switch or something. But in normal mode start/stop is on. Not a big problem since most of us will drive in sport mode turning it …
Sorry, just to be clear I don’t have the diamond switch as I have FAL; however my stop start was set to off on all modes on delivery but I can go in and enable in settings… it remembers my choice which I’m happy with.
Pivot (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 06:39 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Yes I understood that. I know now what the issue is. In EU there are regulations for start/stop. In USA and UK it could be different. So probably in the Netherlands by default it’s on and it will not remember the setting. In other countries it will.
Old 04-25-2023 | 06:44 AM
mrcraigcharlton
Intermediate

@NewTo911’s - Me too as I think I've ordered pretty much the same car as you based on your profile picture - June delivery through Guildford for me.

Lot's of pics please when it arrives - when is it due at the dealers?

I switched to Shark Blue from Guards Red at the last minute. Had a Shark GT4 before and loved it.

Anticipation is driving me crazy!

cheers
Craig

Last edited by mrcraigcharlton; 04-25-2023 at 06:46 AM.
N3DXT (05-05-2023)
Old 04-25-2023 | 07:20 AM
Uhu
Racer

Originally Posted by Pivot
Does it mean that when you deactivate stop/ start with the toggle / diamond switch, it remembers your selection?
Then when you get into your car the next day, the stop/start is still deactivated?

That would be a best config feature ever!
Here in Europe it's on by default. You can turned it off but it will be on the next time you turn on the engine.
By selecting Sport, Sport plus, Wet, the "feature" is automatically turned off.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club