Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 05:09 PM
cyclingismylife
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Icegrill
I’m wondering if the installation of the exoshield contributed to the cracking……They really squeegee the hell out of it or possibly nicked the windshield with the blade.
I would not think so since the crack is on the inside layer of glass, even it it did that's completely unacceptable to have a window crack from using a squeegee on it. Also it cracked more overnight last night sitting in my garage. I did mention having windshield protection film when I spoke to my SA, he said that helps remove the possibility of a rock strike causing this but, it's obvious an impact or nick did not cause the cracking regardless. The service department manager is reviewing the case now and I'm waiting to hear back on confirming replacement, hopefully without me having to go to the service center for inspection.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:10 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Wilder, the leather upgrade is a winner. Wish I had figured that out before my spec closed. My last car had full leather two-tone with deviated tri-color stitching and I miss it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Shortseller:
Cartod (04-10-2024), Devon Racer (04-10-2024), Wilder (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:21 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,114 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilder
The last pics of my black T from the boutique dealer I consigned it with.

beautiful contrast ! What color is the stitching and belts?
The following users liked this post:
Wilder (04-11-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:27 PM
loweredmars
6th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by STENTDR
Hi all, pretty new to posting on RL but have scoured the threads for some time. After initially securing a Boxster GTS 4.0 allocation I was fortunate enough to be offered a 992 T allocation at MSRP and after much deliberation decided to go with the T! Freeze date is April 21st with delivery July 8th. Very excited about it. Got a stripper build in IGM, MT, big gas tank and added in back seats for the kid. Only things I'm on the fence about are RAS and the cheaper standard lizard green interior. I've gone through way too many threads, videos and pics on both RAS and the interior choices but it hasn't made it any easier. The T would be a half daily half weekend canyon carver and not sure if RAS worth it in this situation. Don't anticipate taking it to the track tbh since lots of good roads nearby. Regarding the interior, I worry I might get over the bright green after a honeymoon period but hard to say cause it does look great in pics. Maybe just some colored seat belts and dials would satisfy. Appreciate any input!

Build code is PRQDNWT4
Nice! FWIW, I went with IGM and the lizard green option with full leather... to each their own, but I think the lizard green pairs well with IGM (both are cooler colors, and I think the lizard green adds a nice pop to an otherwise understated color palette). I also preferred lizard green over the slate gray, as many seemed to think the slate gray was too subtle after the fact. And in terms of standard interior vs leather, when going with the lizard green, I liked the idea of having extra green stitching on the dash and doors. Now all that said, I haven't actually seen my build in person yet, so hopefully I don't hate it once it's here lol.

My dealer had highly recommended RAS, and I originally had it on my build until I had the opportunity to test drive a 992 C2S equipped with RAS. I didn't notice enough of a driving difference to justify the cost and added complexity, and all of the real-world street driving claims from my salesman seemed to be focused on being able to make tighter U-turns, which isn't a very big deal to me. Good news, you're sure to love the way your 992 drives with our without RAS!
Old 04-10-2024, 05:34 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,390 Likes on 1,198 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilder
The last pics of my black T from the boutique dealer I consigned it with.

You're selling it with the wheels? Wouldn't you get more selling them separately?
The following 3 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
Green_Tea (04-11-2024), RatherJaded (04-10-2024), Wilder (04-11-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:46 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by loweredmars
Nice! FWIW, I went with IGM and the lizard green option with full leather... to each their own, but I think the lizard green pairs well with IGM (both are cooler colors, and I think the lizard green adds a nice pop to an otherwise understated color palette). I also preferred lizard green over the slate gray, as many seemed to think the slate gray was too subtle after the fact. And in terms of standard interior vs leather, when going with the lizard green, I liked the idea of having extra green stitching on the dash and doors. Now all that said, I haven't actually seen my build in person yet, so hopefully I don't hate it once it's here lol.
If not too late, I'd highly recommend interior trim in exterior color, gets rid of all the black fingerprint/dust-prone trim mostly.
loweredmars (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:49 PM
loweredmars
6th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
If not too late, I'd highly recommend interior trim in exterior color, gets rid of all the black fingerprint/dust-prone trim mostly.
It is in fact too late (I just got my build photos from Porsche this morning and it's now on the way to the port), but I actually did pick that option. Completely agree about the black trim with fingerprints/dust.
The following 2 users liked this post by loweredmars:
Cartod (04-10-2024), Scott P (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:54 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike818
"
If you don't like RAS it's trivial and cheap to delete the equipment. Adding it after the fact is likely impractically expensive and complicated.
Interesting take, I hadn't heard this before. I'm ignorant here, but I would imagine that rear wheel steering would require hydraulics and different linkages and sensors wouldn't it. how would you remove the equipment cheaply?
Cartod (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:56 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,611 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclingismylife
I would not think so since the crack is on the inside layer of glass, even it it did that's completely unacceptable to have a window crack from using a squeegee on it. Also it cracked more overnight last night sitting in my garage. I did mention having windshield protection film when I spoke to my SA, he said that helps remove the possibility of a rock strike causing this but, it's obvious an impact or nick did not cause the cracking regardless. The service department manager is reviewing the case now and I'm waiting to hear back on confirming replacement, hopefully without me having to go to the service center for inspection.

Just a friendly FYI, but a heat gun is also used to affix ExoShield to a windshield.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:11 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by loweredmars
It is in fact too late (I just got my build photos from Porsche this morning and it's now on the way to the port), but I actually did pick that option. Completely agree about the black trim with fingerprints/dust.
I looked at your build and didn't see it, good catch!
Old 04-10-2024, 06:20 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 490 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
Totally unrelated to the LWG as it is known that the issue was allegedly rectified in production in November 2023.
Hmm, well, hope nothing is wrong to create even more delay. Original build complete was Apr 4 now Apr 22. Is this concerning or typical? Can't do anything about it, so why worry!

Old 04-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Mike818
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
Interesting take, I hadn't heard this before. I'm ignorant here, but I would imagine that rear wheel steering would require hydraulics and different linkages and sensors wouldn't it. how would you remove the equipment cheaply?
They are mechatronic not hydraulic, and it's a matter of unplugging them and replacing them with the standard toe links. Parts including non-reusable hardware IIRC was <$500 dollars and the labor would just be the alignment. I'm sure there is a PIWIS coding element to it too, but I don't believe that's going to be any kind of a problem so I haven't looked to deep into it.

You unplug / unbolt the RAS links and bolt in standard ones.

Parts:
https://parts.byersporsche.com/p/758...992501529.html
https://parts.byersporsche.com/p/716...700867700.html
https://parts.byersporsche.com/p/910...PAF909664.html

When I learned RAS was controversial I decided to look into what it would take to ditch it if i didn't like it.

Here is the RAS link for comparison:

https://parts.byersporsche.com/p/105...2501033AB.html

Pic from Ebay:

I compared all the other part numbers from both configurations and they are all the same. You don't have to take my word for it though, you can use this site to check out all kinds of parts from different models/configurations.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...cate?c=Porsche

Last edited by Mike818; 04-10-2024 at 08:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike818:
CJDCREW (04-11-2024), tourenwagen (04-11-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 08:18 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sigma
Hmm, well, hope nothing is wrong to create even more delay. Original build complete was Apr 4 now Apr 22. Is this concerning or typical? Can't do anything about it, so why worry!

@6sigma That seems a hell of long time for production process over a month! Must be some shortage in the pipeline or you have specified some special Porsche Exclusive ? Normal times in production run to approx a week.
Devon Racer
Old 04-10-2024, 08:28 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
Great @Devon Racer, do let me know... I am booked for 20-May, as they want to test it overnight(?).
@Pivot Will do I put in a request for the April date and had an email back, but waiting for confirmation which might mean also that they might want it overnight?
Promise to keep you posted whatever.
Best Devon Racer.
Pivot (04-12-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 08:44 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,611 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sigma

It is fairly normal anymore for them to sit at the factory for several weeks prior to production actually completing. Supply constraints in the automotive industry are still in full effect. More than likely it is something trivial.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club