Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 09:32 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 428 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by WingsWheelsHulls
Arrived! Went to the Dealer to fork over the big check and while the car wasn't completely prepped, we got to take her out for a bit. Wife made a good choice!

So. Damn. Good! Mine arrives to Canada next Friday...can't wait!!!

But I will have to wait as I'm on a family cruise until the 24th...
The following 5 users liked this post by CamsPorsche:
1stgear (03-10-2024), Green_Tea (03-10-2024), Jeff Whitten (03-10-2024), Le Petit Garage (03-09-2024), WingsWheelsHulls (03-11-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 10:25 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Impressed with aero kit when I saw it.

The following 4 users liked this post by Toothengineer:
1stgear (03-10-2024), dreamin11 (03-11-2024), Macboy (03-10-2024), mitchs_996 (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 12:02 AM
Daytona67
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
Ceramic is supposed to go on after the PPF.
Thanks - yes, I've been researching that!
Old 03-10-2024, 12:05 AM
aways
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice. Is the 3rd picture of the same car? The car looks white in the other photos, but maybe chalk in the 3rd one?
Old 03-10-2024, 10:31 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aways
Nice. Is the 3rd picture of the same car? The car looks white in the other photos, but maybe chalk in the 3rd one?
Chalk
Old 03-10-2024, 02:35 PM
gtrs09
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
I already have the Racing Yellow Deviated Stitching+Belts+dials and the GT3 Door Pulls in Racing Yellow to match... I kept the interior painted Ruby Star pieces on the dash+door+seat backs, becuase I have some plans for those, plus since Ruby Star is gone, it will be very difficult to get those in the future without paying out the nose... I can always swap them out for the CF or black ones from SunCoast Parts, but I have other plans for those without swapping them out...

I've collected so many parts over the past few weeks in preparation for my "T" to arrive. Can't wait for May to come!
Where did you get the GT3 Door Pulls in Racing Yellow?
Old 03-10-2024, 02:46 PM
zanary
Racer

Received 454 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrs09
Where did you get the GT3 Door Pulls in Racing Yellow?
https://gt3belts.com/products/992-gt...47659033788731
Old 03-10-2024, 02:51 PM
gtrs09
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you kindly.
The following users liked this post:
zanary (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 03:20 PM
Green_Tea
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot

Met with a buddy today for a coffee and chat re 992T and GT3

Please note two German precision weapons flanked by two American powerhouses

Followed by fossil shopping in Surrey Hills
I like your sharks fins.
I think they look great on your car but might be too much of a contrast on mine ?
I live somewhere where, between my house and what could be recognised as a road, there is mainly mud and stones.
So, rear arch protection is important. Currently I am going with double PPF in that area, and the windscreen too.
I was wondering about installing discreet front mud flaps like these below and wondered if anybody else had installed something similar ?

With regard to tinted glass, or privacy glass as Porsche call it, I am not a fan of the aesthetic.
However, we specced it in.
The reason being that we intend to tour in this car. Consequently the area behind the seats will get used for luggage. On a European multi week trip, the frunk isn’t going to be enough.
So, a measure of privacy when parked, will be welcome.

Last edited by Green_Tea; 03-10-2024 at 03:21 PM. Reason: T
Old 03-10-2024, 03:51 PM
Will Motivation
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ECNJ
Wow all this because I simply said my T is so fun. Maybe i need to spend more time here again, ha. It’s incredibly fun because of the 400 watt sub and aftermarket exhaust! 😇😝

Hey is that supposed to be me asking you the question after your post. ok ok i dig it.
ECNJ (03-14-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 03:57 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,543 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Announcement

Made a deal today with the Carrera T in Ice Grey Metallic with the aero package with high gloss elements. Totally fell in love with the car. Which was a bit strange since the car has a lot of elements I would not chose myself but I have started to like them. Mainly because all of you guys! The Aero package is not popular in Europe. Only few people order it. But looking at all your pictures for a year the aero really started to grow on me. So when this car came by I felt like hitting the jackpot.

I love the T ethos. But my current T has the glass sunroof and 18 way seats. Did not know the weight difference was that big. So my idea was to spec the next one without them. Also my wife is not driving the car as expected and the steering wheel adjustment (mainly reason for memory seats) was not electric. Since my legs are pretty short the 4 way seats were fine. This car is specced with the 4 way seats. And it also has the carbon roof! So finally some real T ethos! I do think the aero package adds weight? But also this car is specced with FAL. Which adds weight. So all in all probably not much difference.

The T ethos for me was also the agathe grey elements on the outside. It’s a mismatch with the black high gloss elements. And the black wheels. Which means I decided to not put the decals back and remove the badge on the back. So also against my own normal preference. Also the car has the tinted windows which I usually hate. So all in all it seems a bit strange. How can a car have so much elements I would usually dislike but still fall in love with it? Probably some things started to grow on me and the car is the sum of its own parts. It is a bit further away from the usual T elements I prefer but because of that the car has a different look that I like. And it remains a real manual T of course. No rear seats.

What I don’t understand: the owner went for the black elements but did not opt for the black LED matrix lights. So headlights remain an issue with me lol.

The interior is totally my style. With red elements I would chose myself and with the red deviated stitching. Also the fire extinguisher. Regarding safety issues it has the surround camera view and the lane departure warning. The car also has the keyless go. He also chose the aluminium pedals which strangely feel very good when using them. Not something I would pick but I like the feel. Burmester is a nice touch, although the sound (especially the bass!) is indeed not as good as my aftermarket sound package.

Main point is the car has only 6000km. After driving it I was very surprised how fresh it felt. With mine at 32.000km I did not notice it was not a new car anymore. When you step into a newer one you notice the pedals feel nicer, the clutch and the manual all feel tighter. The car is specced with the steering wheel plus. And has RAS. The combination works well. I noticed the RAS right out of the bat. But with the Michelins definitely a different drive. I can safely say though that no 911 needs it. But I can also easy live with it in combination with the power steering plus. It makes it a different car. Will elaborate on that more soon.

So all in all I have the same car but a totally different one as well. I am a very very happy man indeed and proud owner of my second 992 T. Even after selling my 991.2 GT3 after 9 months I wanted something else. But after driving the T for 1 year exactly I am just not ready to part from it and wanted another one. I also have never driven a 911 that long. What a compliment! Will take delivery in about 3 weeks because I have some planned trips to do with my red one. Cheers!

Congrats my friend!! what a beauty!!
The Aero Kit is always on my mind as well!
Macboy (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 05:34 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

PR9HCU93

Interested on thoughts on this build (I have about 6 weeks till it locks)

Buckets and 7sp were a must for me. Will be a mix of some daily driving some track some weekend drives.

​​​​​​​Aero Kit been back and forth on and if to do it do the gloss black on the trim or not.

Interior with trim painted in exterior color also been back and forth on.

Sad shark blue is gone so been back and forth btw ice metallic and chalk. ​​​​​​​
Old 03-10-2024, 07:28 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,207 Likes on 710 Posts

Nice build. I do miss some leather options which are cheap to get and elevate the interior of the car. Steering column casing in leather. I miss the Porsche weapon on the center console lid. I miss the PDLS+ (ugly white part). I would always do the sportchrono in color when the tachometer is in color.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:29 PM
aways
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothengineer
PR9HCU93

Interested on thoughts on this build (I have about 6 weeks till it locks)

Buckets and 7sp were a must for me. Will be a mix of some daily driving some track some weekend drives.

Aero Kit been back and forth on and if to do it do the gloss black on the trim or not.

Interior with trim painted in exterior color also been back and forth on.

Sad shark blue is gone so been back and forth btw ice metallic and chalk. ​​​​​​​
I'm also wrestling with aerokit body color or with high gloss trim. The high gloss black also does the rocker panels, diffuser and front lip. I'd say if you're going either ice grey or chalk the high gloss black would fit nicely. If you do this, you'd probably want the wheels painted high gloss black as well to complete the look.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:38 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macboy
Nice build. I do miss some leather options which are cheap to get and elevate the interior of the car. Steering column casing in leather. I miss the Porsche weapon on the center console lid. I miss the PDLS+ (ugly white part). I would always do the sportchrono in color when the tachometer is in color.
Interesting the base lights dont bother me at all, but it could affect resale which I am not overly concerned with. I will go back and look at costs of steering column, had plastic on my gt3 on steering column also never bothered me. So sports tach in lizard as well you think.
Macboy (03-11-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club