Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024 | 06:11 PM
gargey
Instructor

Originally Posted by dg108
I just dropped my T off at the dealer to fix the heated steering wheel (at 300 miles?!) and got a ride back to my office in a base Macan with the ventilated seats. I'm sure they are a somewhat different seat but the seat bottom was rock hard compared to our prior Macan, current 718 and 992.
I've said it before, but I love my seats. Ventilated 4-ways. I'm in Houston, ventilated is critical. I hear what people say on the Sport-tex but it's not going to compete with ventilated when the climate is this bad.

Just as big an issue for me was that leather wears much better than synthetics (or any fabrics) over time, so I wanted full-leather (ventilated or not). I drive this car every day, and plan to for a long time. Sport-tex is a cool look, though.

In terms of firmness - yes ventilated seats are firmer. No, they are not "rock hard." My seats are by far the most comfortable car seats I've spent time in, maybe that's just luck vs my build.

Last edited by gargey; 02-14-2024 at 06:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gargey:
Motorin Mark (02-14-2024), SEA2ATX (02-15-2024)
Old 02-14-2024 | 06:44 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

I just dropped my T off at the dealer to fix the heated steering wheel (at 300 miles?!) and got a ride back to my office in a base Macan with the ventilated seats. I'm sure they are a somewhat different seat but the seat bottom was rock hard compared to our prior Macan, current 718 and 992.
The 14 way seats with ventilation in the Macan are the worst. They are like sitting on stadium bleachers with the about same amount of support to me. Those seats are clearly designed for large people and people wearing dresses to slide in and out of as easily as possible over comfort or support. I have the ventilated 18 ways in both my Macan and Cayman and they are completely different.
Old 02-14-2024 | 06:49 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Originally Posted by gargey
I've said it before, but I love my seats. Ventilated 4-ways. I'm in Houston, ventilated is critical. I hear what people say on the Sport-tex but it's not going to compete with ventilated when the climate is this bad.

Just as big an issue for me was that leather wears much better than synthetics (or any fabrics) over time, so I wanted full-leather (ventilated or not). I drive this car every day, and plan to for a long time. Sport-tex is a cool look, though.

In terms of firmness - yes ventilated seats are firmer. No, they are not "rock hard." My seats are by far the most comfortable car seats I've spent time in, maybe that's just luck vs my build.
That's interesting. In my experience, "leather" seat centers always sag and show creases and wear & tear far earlier than synthetic textile centers. I dislike looking at used cars with sagged leather seat centers. Almost all of the leather seats in used cars are saggy and show creases in the driver's seats, while textile sport seats don't show much wear and do not sag at all, until they tear apart in abuse.
Old 02-14-2024 | 07:48 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gargey

@gargey We are in a minority on this feed, but I totally agree with you. I don't not find the seat cushions too hard at all and with 18 ways the options for comfort settings are hugely extendable. I actually think the perforated leather to allow the venting will actually decrease the amount of sag and creases in the long term.
All to their own but sitting on rack hard benches NO!
Best Devon Racer.
The following users liked this post:
Motorin Mark (02-14-2024)
Old 02-14-2024 | 08:44 PM
Motorin Mark
Pro

Originally Posted by Devon Racer
@gargey We are in a minority on this feed, but I totally agree with you. I don't not find the seat cushions too hard at all and with 18 ways the options for comfort settings are hugely extendable. I actually think the perforated leather to allow the venting will actually decrease the amount of sag and creases in the long term.
All to their own but sitting on rack hard benches NO!
Best Devon Racer.
Right there with you guys. Here in Florida with our massive six month long summer heat and humidity I would not be without the ventilated seats, mine are also the 18 ways and I don't find them too hard at all. We are all shaped different though.
Old 02-14-2024 | 10:43 PM
BSheppard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Motorin Mark
Right there with you guys. Here in Florida with our massive six month long summer heat and humidity I would not be without the ventilated seats, mine are also the 18 ways and I don't find them too hard at all. We are all shaped different though.
Add me to the list. Florida is HOT! I would not have one without ventilation everywhere I can get it. My 991 has it now and it is my favorite option.
Old 02-14-2024 | 11:06 PM
PlainwhiteT
Track Day

Default Brakes

Just noticed how much bigger the front calipers are than the rear but they are both 4 piston. I guess I never realized that Porsche has two different size pistons for the front and rear. Please
correct me if I’m wrong.
Old 02-15-2024 | 12:32 AM
stonekutter
Instructor

+1 for ventilated seats

I came from a 987 to the 992T and don’t find the seats to be hard. I did get full leather with ventilated seats as I liked leather over SportTex.
Old 02-15-2024 | 08:07 AM
dg108
Instructor

I know some of you need the ventilated seats where you live and I did acknowledge the Macan seats may be different. The shock was how much more comfortable the base seats in RaceTex in our '17 Macan were.
Old 02-15-2024 | 09:37 AM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Default Exclusive design wheels with T

I’m struggling with the shininess of the exclusive design wheels but love that they are forged/light and reminiscent to me of the old Fuchs wheels. Curious if anyone has seen any of these either painted like the other two T wheel options are or maybe the inner faces at least painted in platinum like you see in black on some of the other models. I’ve searched but my Rennlist-fu could be weak so apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere. I have a few weeks before order lock and this is one of my only remaining debates so reaching out to see if anyone has seen anything. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2024 | 10:19 AM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

I know some of you need the ventilated seats where you live and I did acknowledge the Macan seats may be different. The shock was how much more comfortable the base seats in RaceTex in our '17 Macan were.
Need? No. I'm in Arizona where it's hotter than Hades, and vented is definitely a "want", not a "need". Sport-Tex works awesome in hot weather.
Wilder (02-16-2024)
Old 02-15-2024 | 11:00 AM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Fishah
Need? No. I'm in Arizona where it's hotter than Hades, and vented is definitely a "want", not a "need". Sport-Tex works awesome in hot weather.
Different strokes for different folks? I've never had a ventilated seat that I thought was really effective unless I got to the point where I was super sweaty. Ventilated seats are really just blowers that help with evaporative cooling. They just blow ambient air from inside the cabin through the holes in your seat. To be really effective on a hot day, you'd run A/C right? Or you'd turn off the A/C and blow 100F air through the seat? Last time I checked, all our 992's have A/C assuming one of you crazy weight weenies already removed yours.

Anyhow, in my experience cloth / sport-tex either doesn't get as hot or cools down faster on hot days, doesn't get as cold or warms up faster on cold days, and is so much grippier when you sit on it. For me it is a win all around and I'm glad we had the choice to go cloth or leather.
Wilder (02-16-2024)
Old 02-15-2024 | 11:59 AM
gargey
Instructor

Originally Posted by arrivederci
Ventilated seats are really just blowers that help with evaporative cooling. They just blow ambient air from inside the cabin through the holes in your seat. To be really effective on a hot day, you'd run A/C right? Or you'd turn off the A/C and blow 100F air through the seat? Last time I checked, all our 992's have A/C assuming one of you crazy weight weenies already removed yours.
You are incorrect. It is suction.

I like the vented seats based on experiencing it, and it working very effectively, and feeling good, not theory. I've been in other cars that had it where it wasn't as good. I don't doubt Sport-tex is good or mind if anyone likes it (duh).

Last edited by gargey; 02-15-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2024 | 12:03 PM
gargey
Instructor

Originally Posted by double-o-seven
That's interesting. In my experience, "leather" seat centers always sag and show creases and wear & tear far earlier than synthetic textile centers. I dislike looking at used cars with sagged leather seat centers. Almost all of the leather seats in used cars are saggy and show creases in the driver's seats, while textile sport seats don't show much wear and do not sag at all, until they tear apart in abuse.
Yes - leather will stretch (as will most cloths/textiles). But over the long term, leather handles surface abrasion and surface wear much much better than most synthetic and/or organic textiles, woven or otherwise. Think of a baseball glove. Almost indestructible. This is especially true for top grain/full grain aniline dyed leather. I know this from high end shoes.
Old 02-15-2024 | 12:05 PM
gargey
Instructor

Originally Posted by rasetsu
The 14 way seats with ventilation in the Macan are the worst. They are like sitting on stadium bleachers with the about same amount of support to me. Those seats are clearly designed for large people and people wearing dresses to slide in and out of as easily as possible over comfort or support. I have the ventilated 18 ways in both my Macan and Cayman and they are completely different.
I had a loaner Macan a few months ago. I hear you. The shape of the 911 Sports Seats makes all the difference, the base Macan seat we bench-like.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club