Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 01:58 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
There's a TSB on the glass breakage that Porsche is eminently aware of. I'd be surprised if you got charged for a spontaneous glass break. I didn't have to prove a thing as it was obvious there was no trauma to the glass to cause the spidering.
Then that seems like it answers it, it will be covered under warranty, I live in New Mexico, so we get rock chips so often, that if I didn't get any insurance packages from Porsche I know for sure I would have gotten a rock chip within the first month. They are not cheap as well 2500 or something to replace, out of pocket. I also didn't want to rely on car insurance because they would raise my rates if I made a claim
Old 12-14-2023, 01:59 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheSunTheSea
Thanks! Excited. Yeah, the sunroof is what I'm going back and forth on. I wanted to delete the sunroof entirely but my wife wanted the glass roof for the same reasons you mentioned. So the metal sunroof is a compromise since I personally like the look of the 911 with the painted roof. It's a good problem to have I suppose!
I see, that makes sense! It is the perfect compromise! It sure is a wonderful problem to have! hahahaa😂😁
The following users liked this post:
TheSunTheSea (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:09 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernin
Then that seems like it answers it, it will be covered under warranty, I live in New Mexico, so we get rock chips so often, that if I didn't get any insurance packages from Porsche I know for sure I would have gotten a rock chip within the first month. They are not cheap as well 2500 or something to replace, out of pocket. I also didn't want to rely on car insurance because they would raise my rates if I made a claim
Wise choice then given your location.
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:15 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Thanks! Really excited. Yeah, the sunroof is what I'm going back and forth on. I wanted to delete the sunroof entirely but my wife wanted the glass roof for the same reasons you mentioned. So the metal sunroof is a compromise since I personally like the look of the 911 with the painted roof. It's a good problem to have I suppose!
Not sure of your location but for my wife(she wanted a glass sunroof) and me, we live in Florida now year round and I’m not great in humid conditions so I had to veto it. But to be fair she has it in her SUV, that she tells me it’s just not the same! 😂
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shortseller
Wise choice then given your location.
Yep! The rocks seem to always find your windshield, I have 3 places on my window that are scratched from rocks but thankfully they did not crack the windshield
Old 12-14-2023, 02:17 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 661 Likes on 311 Posts

Hi all - long time listener, first time caller. Thanks for all the input over the years, I finally got a T allocation last week and signed up for an account on Rennlist. I hope this is the right forum thread for this question (let me know if it isn't) but would love thoughts on my T build. My change freeze date is 2/1/24 so I have plenty time to make changes. Here's my submitted build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR5D5MR9

This will be a weekend/date night car for my wife and I. We have two kids under the age of 10 so after going back and forth a bunch decided to keep the rear seats since they can still fit. Mostly plan to take the car through windy mountain roads that are near us.

Any input on what I should consider or remove would be appreciated. I know everyone has their own build that's right for them, but would love to get input from the veterans as this is my first ever Porsche.
Nice config. You never know when you may need to put something on the roof, so this $60 could come in handy at some point in the future.

(1) Preparation for Roof Transport System - $60

Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:18 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shortseller
Not sure of your location but for my wife(she wanted a glass sunroof) and me, we live in Florida now year round and I’m not great in humid conditions so I had to veto it. But to be fair she has it in her SUV, that she tells me it’s just not the same! 😂
I live in Albuquerque NM, if I had gotten any sun roof I would have come back to an even hotter car than it is in the summer (it gets up to 110)
Shortseller (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:19 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zanary
Nice config. You never know when you may need to put something on the roof, so this $60 could come in handy at some point in the future.

(1) Preparation for Roof Transport System - $60

This is right here! is a fantastic option to get and it completely slipped my mind!
zanary (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:21 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Originally Posted by Scott P
There's a TSB on the glass breakage Porsche is eminently aware of. I'd be surprised if you got charged for a spontaneous glass break. I didn't have to prove a thing as it was obvious there was no trauma to the glass to cause the spidering.
Been in Buffalo NY long? I grew up in LeRoy NY 45 mins to your east but went to Rochester NY, UofR collage. Tough winter back in the 70’s growing up, can’t say I miss the weather! 🥶

Go Bills!

Last edited by Shortseller; 12-14-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:26 PM
PlainwhiteT
Track Day

Received 54 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6Motorsports
We are in Sanford (Orlando area) but serve clients from all over the state (and beyond)! Feel free to come visit if you're up this way, we're about 2.5-3 hours from Palm Beach.
sweet, I’m sure I’ll pay a visit for a tune at minimum. Would be nice to stretch its legs anyway.

Last edited by PlainwhiteT; 12-14-2023 at 02:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PlainwhiteT:
Flat6Motorsports (12-15-2023), Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:27 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

[QUOTE=TheSunTheSea;19165486]Hi all - long time listener, first time caller. Thanks for all the input over the years, I finally got a T allocation last week and signed up for an account on Rennlist. I hope this is the right forum thread for this question (let me know if it isn't) but would love thoughts on my T build. My change freeze date is 2/1/24 so I have plenty time to make changes. Here's my submitted build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR5D5MR9

@TheSunTheSea Firstly, welcome on board and congratulations for having the coolest handle on this forum👍👍
As @Vernin says, you should option what suits you there’s no right or wrong.
Personally I wouldn’t bother with some of the external (non-visible) items like fuel cap and engine cover.
Also depends on where you live but seat ventilation AND heated steering wheel??
As for the rest I quite like it and I couldn’t live without my 18 way seats (back problems).
​​​​​​​Enjoy😎
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:30 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 661 Likes on 311 Posts

Hi all - long time listener, first time caller. Thanks for all the input over the years, I finally got a T allocation last week and signed up for an account on Rennlist. I hope this is the right forum thread for this question (let me know if it isn't) but would love thoughts on my T build. My change freeze date is 2/1/24 so I have plenty time to make changes. Here's my submitted build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR5D5MR9

This will be a weekend/date night car for my wife and I. We have two kids under the age of 10 so after going back and forth a bunch decided to keep the rear seats since they can still fit. Mostly plan to take the car through windy mountain roads that are near us.

Any input on what I should consider or remove would be appreciated. I know everyone has their own build that's right for them, but would love to get input from the veterans as this is my first ever Porsche.
I also noticed that you added "Front Spoiler Lip in Exterior Color i.c.w. PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 10mm)" in your spec which is great...
The question is are you sure you will be able to get up and down your driveway? If not you may consider this:

(1) Front Axle Lift System - $2,770

I also have a T that is going into freeze on 12/19 (build starts on 2/1) so I've been looking at many of the posts here, asking lots of questions and getting some great advise for the past few months.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR5H4PG3
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:38 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

TO ALL RENNLISTERS
Re - Commercial advertisers!!
Those of you that have been long time posters or observers on here will recall that we decided a while back not to allow companies to advertise on here.
This is no reflection on any one specific company, but if you allow one do you then allow 5, or 10 or 20 and who gets to decide which companies they are?
So unless we’re changing the rules, we need to enforce the existing ones.
The following 3 users liked this post by Barkat03:
Devon Racer (12-14-2023), Pivot (12-14-2023), Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:38 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zanary
I also noticed that you added "Front Spoiler Lip in Exterior Color i.c.w. PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 10mm)" in your spec which is great...
The question is are you sure you will be able to get up and down your driveway? If not you may consider this:

(1) Front Axle Lift System - $2,770

I also have a T that is going into freeze on 12/19 (build starts on 2/1) so I've been looking at many of the posts here, asking lots of questions, and getting some great advice for the past few months.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR5H4PG3
I think your car looks great! If you want all the options you are getting then power to you! It will be a wonderful Car.
The only thing I would change is
I think you should get Bordeaux red stitching as your deviated color. Then Guards red as the Tac and seat belts.
Do not get the race tex, especially on the sun visors as they are leather included, so you are paying more to get the Leather than paying more to get race tex.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:41 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

@zanary
this is why it would be a shame if you don’t get the Bordeaux ir looks so good!
mitchs_996 (12-15-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club