Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernin
Some companies do that. My dad's Track 911 has it and his old turbo. but the only place He and I trust to do serious work on our cars, and if needed or get anything like that done is in Nevada is a whole day away, and the person who does it is a person you are not allowed to hurry, so it can take anywhere from being done that week or months of waiting. Since my 911 is the only car I own I would rather not have my only means of transportation gone for multiple months
I get it. Too bad things we sometimes need have to be so far away to get quality work.
The following users liked this post:
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
TheSunTheSea
Advanced

Received 121 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it necessary to have a contract signed with the SA after your allocation is set? I put a deposit down and can track my build in TYD, but haven't signed a formal contract. I trust my SA and but curious to know if it's something I should bring up or just wait until my car is delivered before signing a contract and paying for the car.
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:08 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortseller
I get it. Too bad things we sometimes need have to be so far away to get quality work.
exactly, unfortunately he is the best, but also really busy because he is the best and the people he uses for PPF, and cosmetic things like that are the best as well at what they do and if there is any mistakes he makes then redo it till it’s perfect, that is the type of person he is. In Albuquerque there is not many places that are at that level otherwise we would use them.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:13 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,194 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSunTheSea
Thanks! Really excited. Yeah, the sunroof is what I'm going back and forth on. I wanted to delete the sunroof entirely but my wife wanted the glass roof for the same reasons you mentioned. So the metal sunroof is a compromise since I personally like the look of the 911 with the painted roof. It's a good problem to have I suppose!
Great build but I'd ditch the puddle lights, the mirrors have a light beneath them, the puddle lights are on the bottom of the doors. Second, the power assist steering probably isn't needed either, if you decide you want it after you've driven the car, your dealer can do a flash install of the software to enable that option. I love my glass sunroof, really brightens up the cabin (Lizard Green Interior Pkg.) yours is black, it's going to be dark in there.
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:17 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

I live in Albuquerque NM, if I had gotten any sun roof I would have come back to an even hotter car than it is in the summer (it gets up to 110)
There is a liner between the cabin and the glass roof that can be opened or closed that lets in very little sunlight.
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:25 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it necessary to have a contract signed with the SA after your allocation is set? I put a deposit down and can track my build in TYD, but haven't signed a formal contract. I trust my SA and but curious to know if it's something I should bring up or just wait until my car is delivered before signing a contract and paying for the car.
All I can show you is how my dealership did it, which I think would be a great way to do it as well
I got these documents signed, by my sales person, and the head of our dealership signed them
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
agreement doc revised 2.pdf (1.99 MB, 32 views)

Last edited by Vernin; 12-14-2023 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:28 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
Great build but I'd ditch the puddle lights, the mirrors have a light beneath them, the puddle lights are on the bottom of the doors. Second, the power assist steering probably isn't needed either, if you decide you want it after you've driven the car, your dealer can do a flash install of the software to enable that option. I love my glass sunroof, really brightens up the cabin (Lizard Green Interior Pkg.) yours is black, it's going to be dark in there.
Is lane warning assist also flashable at a dealership?
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:30 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

There is a liner between the cabin and the glass roof that can be opened or closed that lets in very little sunlight.
That might help a little, just like a sun reflector does in your windshield, but the UV rays and light still get trapped in between the glass and the black liner, which absorbs heat and still slowly heats up the car.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:31 PM
TheSunTheSea
Advanced

All I can show you is how my dealership did it, which I think would be a great way to do it as well
I got these documents signed, by my sales person, and the head of our dealership signed them
Thanks! I signed the same thing although he only gave me a copy of the build sheet. So I can ask him for the copy of the dealer signed version for my own records
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:37 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Thanks! I signed the same thing although he only gave me a copy of the build sheet. So I can ask him for a copy of the dealer's signed version for my records
I would highly advise that you keep any documentation physical and digital. Then make many many copies on your devices 😂 (can never be too careful)
These pieces of paper are the only thing that shows you legally paid for a custom car, and granted that you follow all the procedures, the Porsche dealership needs to deliver as promised your customized car as per the contract.
You can get him to get you a copy of it. I am shocked he did not provide you with one when going through the process.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:37 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shortseller
Is lane warning assist also flashable at a dealership?
I don't believe so but those electronic "nannies" as I call them seem rather superfluous.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
Green_Tea (12-15-2023), Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:39 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 665 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
MT v PDK
In the UK there are currently 26 pre-owned 992 T’s for sales of which 4 are MT. So a ratio of 6x1.
Assuming the ratio of new sales is quite different it begs the question
Following this forum from the start I’d guess among Rennlisters on here it’s at most 60/40 MT x PDK?
Any thoughts?
@Barkat03 Perhaps that's most likely because the real keen drivers who want engagement with their cars are on this thread and some with PDK don't enthuse about their cars so much less in some circumstances as pure petrol heads like many of the regulars here? Just a thought ? Best Devon Racer.
The following 3 users liked this post by Devon Racer:
Barkat03 (12-15-2023), Pivot (12-15-2023), Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:40 PM
TheSunTheSea
Advanced

I would highly advise that you keep any documentation physical and digital. Then make many many copies on your devices 😂 (can never be too careful)
These pieces of paper are the only thing that shows you legally paid for a custom car, and granted that you follow all the procedures, the Porsche dealership needs to deliver as promised your customized car as per the contract.
You can get him to get you a copy of it. I am shocked he did not provide you with one when going through the process.
He gave me a copy of the build sheet, then a separate copy of the deposit I made. But since I ran my CC for the deposit it's just a credit card receipt. I do remember I signed something similar to the custom order form you had but I don't have it. So I'll make sure I get that from him
Vernin (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 05:40 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

I don't believe so but those electronic "nannies" as I call them seem rather superfluous.
I 100% agree with you. As my pops and I like to say, every extra electronic component like swivel lights, RWS, FAL, Lane keep, Lane change, power mirrors, and the others, is another thing that will break.
Didi I still get RWS and FAL because I would need and use them yes, but they are one more thing that will need maintenance and break at some point.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:43 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

He gave me a copy of the build sheet, then a separate copy of the deposit I made. But since I ran my CC for the deposit it's just a credit card receipt. I do remember I signed something similar to the custom order form you had but I don't have it. So I'll make sure I get that from him
Good stuff, Yeah I made sure my salesman gave me a copy of everything I signed. It's not that I don't trust them, but having their assurances on paper guarantees what they are saying.
Also with the stuff going on with dealerships lately its better to be safe then sorry
arrivederci (12-14-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club