Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 06:44 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I'm not sure the point you're making (I've got a couple of threads talking about buying my car), but no - I visited the dealer two weeks ago and told them I was interested in another 911, got a call last Friday that they'd moved me to the "front of the list" (dealerspeak, I'm sure) and had an allocation for me, and got my commission information Monday. December lock & March delivery, barring any PTS decisions or other delays. This will be custom order number 15 or so in the past 20 years.
Just love that you felt compelled to start commenting to me when you don't even have a locked in order. Love it. Anyway, have a nice day bud. Hope custom order 15 goes as well as the prior 14!
The following users liked this post:
peterdouglas (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 06:44 PM
Wighty992
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
So, in California, if you order a new car, and load it up with $50k of extras....and painted in vomit green, or some other hideous color....and the car is being built, or sitting at the port, or has arrived at the dealership...the customer, at any time, can say, nah, I had a bad day on the market, you keep the car, and give me back 100% of what I already paid? Really? Pretty cool for the consumer!! I looked on line at Ca law and almost everything I saw involved either new cars already in the lot, or used cars.

I did read on a blog site (for what that’s worth) that some guy bought a new Audi (whatever) and wanted his full deposit back, and the dealership told him that not until the car was sold at the price in his contract. The guy was in Ca/
FWIW.. When I gave my deposit, the paperwork indicated it was fully refundable
Old 11-05-2020, 06:47 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

So, in California, if you order a new car, and load it up with $50k of extras....and painted in vomit green, or some other hideous color....and the car is being built, or sitting at the port, or has arrived at the dealership...the customer, at any time, can say, nah, I had a bad day on the market, you keep the car, and give me back 100% of what I already paid? Really? Pretty cool for the consumer!! I looked on line at Ca law and almost everything I saw involved either new cars already in the lot, or used cars.

I did read on a blog site (for what that’s worth) that some guy bought a new Audi (whatever) and wanted his full deposit back (good choice, I might add), and the dealership told him that not until the car was sold at the price in his contract. The guy was in Ca/. True? Fake? No idea?
I think it's up to the dealer to be sure that if the customer wants to order something that they'd never want to have to sell on their own; they simply should refuse to do business with that customer. Simple! When I wanted to place my order with any dealer they all wanted to know exactly what my configuration was. In the case of the dealer I ordered my car from the GSM had to approve the deal even though it was/is an all cash offer.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 11-05-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:52 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
I think it's up to the dealer to be sure that if the customer wants to order something that they'd never want to have to sell on there own; they simply should refuse to do business with that customer. Simple! When I wanted to place my order with any delaer they all wanted to know exactly what my configuration was and in the case of the dealer I ordered my car the GSM had to approve the deal even though it was/is an all cash offer.

That makes more sense. Can’t fathom a blanket agreement to refund, in full, anything that’s ordered. As a business man myself, that sounds like a sure way to lose money.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:53 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Just love that you felt compelled to start commenting to me when you don't even have a locked in order. Love it. Anyway, have a nice day bud. Hope custom order 15 goes as well as the prior 14!
I'll just leave these right here.
I voiced my opinion and defended myself. Deal with it bro.
Another unnecessary, ignorant reply by someone casting judgement while claiming to have taken the higher ground. Seems like pot calling the kettle black buddy.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:04 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I'll just leave these right here.
Hey you've got a right to voice your opinion. Just calling you out for chiming in when you barely have a stake in the coversation. Also I never claimed the higher ground.

Last edited by LifesAnesthesia; 11-05-2020 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:45 PM
Brandguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Geez -- I used to come to this thread regularly to find some consolation and camaraderie in the fact that there were a lot of other enthusiasts in my situation with a car that was sitting in a US port but still yet to be delivered. But the tone of the thread these days is causing more angst than the delay itself. I guess I'll go back to marking the passing days and getting through the tortured wait all by myself.
The following 2 users liked this post by Brandguy:
tfcoll (11-06-2020), TheStanman (11-06-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 11:09 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandguy
Geez -- I used to come to this thread regularly to find some consolation and camaraderie in the fact that there were a lot of other enthusiasts in my situation with a car that was sitting in a US port but still yet to be delivered. But the tone of the thread these days is causing more angst than the delay itself. I guess I'll go back to marking the passing days and getting through the tortured wait all by myself.
I was beginning to think it was a link to a WWF event.

Could we maybe return to our regularly scheduled programming?
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
Benno911 (11-05-2020), jrnottarts (11-06-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 11:41 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

My TYD is showing that my car is in Emden-- in your experience, how long does it take from port arrival to get on a boat? My car was supposed to arrived at Emden on 11/06, but arrived on 11/2-- do any of you have cars leaving Emden this week? I'm wondering if my car will go early?
Old 11-06-2020, 12:01 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,562 Likes on 5,072 Posts

So, if I understand correctly, in California, if you order a new car, and load it up with $50k of extras....and painted in vomit green, or some other hideous color....and the car is being built, or sitting at the port, or has arrived at the dealership...the customer, at any time, can say, nah, I had a bad day on the market, you keep the car, and give me back 100% of what I already paid? Really? Pretty cool for the consumer!! I looked on line at Ca law and almost everything I saw involved either new cars already in the lot, or used cars.

I did read on a blog site (for what that’s worth) that some guy bought a new Audi (whatever) and wanted his full deposit back (good choice, I might add), and the dealership told him that not until the car was sold at the price in his contract. The guy was in Ca/. True? Fake? No idea?
Yes.

Also, I just have to get this off my chest. You're really not making many fans here.

#KarenMiniMe
markchristenson (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 12:17 AM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Originally Posted by couturegirl
My TYD is showing that my car is in Emden-- in your experience, how long does it take from port arrival to get on a boat? My car was supposed to arrived at Emden on 11/06, but arrived on 11/2-- do any of you have cars leaving Emden this week? I'm wondering if my car will go early?
I'm not sure your car will leave early, but mine did leave Emden before it was projected to. So it's entirely possibly yours may as well
Old 11-06-2020, 02:35 AM
Rare9
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

Now I just refresh TYD 10 times a day because why the heck not

tfcoll (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 06:46 AM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

me too. My car got to Emden last Friday (10/30) and not supposed to leave until 11/20, but the boats leave about one a week so I’m hoping for an early departure too. My port is Jacksonville. These are the schedules I’ve found:

11/9 Monday Mediterranean Highway Loading
11/11 load ready
11/28 Jacksonville

11/16 Siem Confucius loading
11/17 load ready
12/7 Jacksonville

Last edited by dribar; 11-06-2020 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:53 AM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

My car arrived in Emdem a few days early and made the early boat. If mine had missed the early boat the next one leaves two weeks later.
dribar (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 09:06 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Viking Queen - ETD 11/6

According to TYD, my 992 completed production 10/23, in transit to Emden 10/26, arrived Emden 10/28 and is scheduled to depart Emden on Viking Queen today 11/6, arriving Davisville 11/20.

Appears from Marine Traffic that Viking Queen is currently taking on fuel from the tanker Akleja, so hopefully it will get underway today.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?