Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 06:06 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Originally Posted by dgasmd
This is the internet. Pictures or it didn't happen.

I will when it’s finally completed, Better yet, when I get my 992.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:43 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Don’t ya just love it when people tell you how you should feel? Or my favorite when they say they don’t care about your opinion...yet, they feel compelled to respond to tell you that. WTF? It’s a GD opinion board, and people have a right to express their own experiences and opinions without getting slammed.

As an aside, I use to visit my college sports site on SB Nation...that is, until my criticism (ie, coaches poor play calling, players out of shape, no adjustments after halftime, etc) of the head coach....which lead to people telling me that if I didn’t like the coach, etc, etc, I should find someplace else to complain. As if this was their own personal; web site. I see that a fair amount on web sites like this. Eventually what happens is, all the people who have legit complaints get driven off.....so what’s left is a homogeneous site, with a bunch of milk-toast opinions. I like Jim Rome’s comment before every show: “Have a take, but just don’t suck”...

My take to those that object to your criticism is - if they want you to stop, just don’t respond. Real simple. It’s just human nature, when pushed, or opinion challenged, that most will defend...and so it goes, 25 pages (or whatever) latter.
Yeah, the highroad would be to be quiet and ignore the ignorant. However, when you have a bunch of members quoting Mark Twain and others jumping into an argument without reading prior posts, making accusations, it's hard to not let it go. Never realized how many zealots frequented the forum. Forgive me for talking bad about the all mighty Porsche!

Last edited by LifesAnesthesia; 11-04-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:54 PM
CliffClavin
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by norberts
From PECLA just now:

"Our team wanted to send an update on the certification and your PEC LA Delivery.

We received word that 911 certification has been delayed and is now anticipated on 11/13.

Due to the delay, we will not be able to keep your current delivery date.

Please let me know if one of the dates below will work for your schedule."
Ugh...well, Thanksgiving'ish delivery I guess. Almost wish I had a March delivery now as I do not plan to drive it during the winter.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:57 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Originally Posted by TheStanman
When I pointed to many well documented delays across other brands, you responded that you and your friends haven't had this experience. It seemed like you were suggesting this is a Porsche specific problem, hence my comment.

I went back and read through your posts and only see general comments about transparency. Porsche has been fully transparent with me. That's why I asked if your dealer didn't share target dates and the fact that they are by no means a guarantee.
Of course my dealer shares info with me and told me everything is an estimate. Even states that on TYD. However, my SA has told me several times their best guess is EPA and he doesn't not truly know what's going on. So transparency from Porsche NA is all I'm looking for. A little email here and there to let us know what truly is going on and when we can truly expect things to be done - none of this moving the goalposts back week after week and month after month.

As for my personal experiences, sure they are my personal experiences and friends/acquaintances as well, and yes this stuff happens. Nothing is perfect. And yeah I know Porsche definitely has issues with this stuff as do other brands occasionally. But transparency goes a long way. I'll say it again, 50+ pages on a forum doesn't exactly put off the vibe that people know what's going on lol.

Happy waiting to us all and I'll look forward to seeing all the 911s and sharing my own whenever they get here

The following users liked this post:
TheStanman (11-05-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 07:09 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by norberts
From PECLA just now:

"Our team wanted to send an update on the certification and your PEC LA Delivery.

We received word that 911 certification has been delayed and is now anticipated on 11/13.

Due to the delay, we will not be able to keep your current delivery date.

Please let me know if one of the dates below will work for your schedule."
what other dates did they offer
Old 11-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

My garage has a boxed high end stereo system I have to sell before the car arrives in February. I’ll offer a 10% discount to Rennlisters. Paradigm Signature 8-s and the like and Anthem electronics. You can put it in your garage while you’re waiting for your 992.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:13 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default 992TTS owner re delays - chill

Complain Complain Complain!
Whine Whine Whine Whine!

I have never expected (over the course of owning and buying SEVEN (7) 911s) delivery on a specific date.

I have seen no factual basis or reason to think that
a) PCNA/PAG have not done their best to expedite clearance (clearly in their own interest) or have not shared whatever they actually know in terms of timing
b) EPA/CARB have been doing anything other than trying to do their jobs responsibly and in a timely fashion
c) ditto for NHTSA on approving its proposed rule to permit “Matrix-style” adaptive beams

So - sure, I would certainly like my 992TTS (ordered and deposit and trade-in made in March) to be released tomorrow (or better - yesterday), but i have seen no legitimate factual basis that ANYONE has presented for complaining about the delays. I understand being disappointed, but I have not seen any FACTUAL reason for blaming anybody.

Annoying and discouraging - yes, for sure and in the extreme - but certainly nowhere near justifying the fact-free and ungrounded criticism of people at PAG/PCNA/EPA/CARB/NHTSA.

And plus - to these numerous critics - do you REALLY think that venting and complaining here will have any (helpful) effect whatsoever on the timing of PAG/PCNA/EPA/CARB/NHTSA action????

I would like to have my 992TTS tomorrow - but no kind of complaint on this forum will help - except perhaps for those in need of a fruitless venting outlet who find that venting experience pleasurable.

So for those followers and critics - please do vent away to your hearts’ content - but do remember that it will not do any good for anyone.
The following 2 users liked this post by peterdouglas:
mdrobc1213 (11-05-2020), Russian Mafia (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Yeah, the highroad would be to be quiet and ignore the ignorant. However, when you have a bunch of members quoting Mark Twain and others jumping into an argument without reading prior posts, making accusations, it's hard to not let it go. Never realized how many zealots frequented the forum. Forgive me for talking bad about the all mighty Porsche!
You did nothing wrong - keep posting. I feel your disappointment because I share it. Its a really sensitive world out there these days. What in the world is going to happen to me when I post the things that I do not like about my new 911, once delivered, on this forum . . . .
Old 11-04-2020, 08:20 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Totally agree. It’s a cult to some, and more than a handful seek affirmation from fellow posters. I’ve found that the only threads of value to me, are the ones specifically focused on technical issues, or specs. I’ve learned a fair amount on here about various options. The rest is noise.

The one thing I am really look forward to is tracking my 992 after broken in. If you get a chance/ opportunity, I’d check it out. Folks I’ve met on track days are fabulous.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:29 PM
Rare9
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
what other dates did they offer
The next dates they offered is Dec 8-9-10. I told them book me for the 8 for a "mock" delivery but route my car to my dealership to get it before Thanksgiving. So I hope to get is before and then I'll just drive down on Dec 8 for the delivery experience (without the actual delivery :P)

Old 11-04-2020, 08:34 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by peterdouglas

So for those followers and critics - please do vent away to your hearts’ content - but do remember that it will not do any good for anyone.
Nice rant. Got that off your chest?!

Disagree on the last statement. Ranting, or more specifically, venting can be therapeutic for many...an easing of frustration, disappointments and sometimes, anger. Talk to any shrink,, and they’ll tell you that venting can be a good thing.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-04-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:42 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
Whine Whine Whine Whine!

I have never expected (over the course of owning and buying SEVEN (7) 911s) delivery on a specific date.

I have seen no factual basis or reason to think that
a) PCNA/PAG have not done their best to expedite clearance (clearly in their own interest) or have not shared whatever they actually know in terms of timing
b) EPA/CARB have been doing anything other than trying to do their jobs responsibly and in a timely fashion
c) ditto for NHTSA on approving its proposed rule to permit “Matrix-style” adaptive beams

So - sure, I would certainly like my 992TTS (ordered and deposit and trade-in made in March) to be released tomorrow (or better - yesterday), but i have seen no legitimate factual basis that ANYONE has presented for complaining about the delays. I understand being disappointed, but I have not seen any FACTUAL reason for blaming anybody.

Annoying and discouraging - yes, for sure and in the extreme - but certainly nowhere near justifying the fact-free and ungrounded criticism of people at PAG/PCNA/EPA/CARB/NHTSA.

And plus - to these numerous critics - do you REALLY think that venting and complaining here will have any (helpful) effect whatsoever on the timing of PAG/PCNA/EPA/CARB/NHTSA action????

I would like to have my 992TTS tomorrow - but no kind of complaint on this forum will help - except perhaps for those in need of a fruitless venting outlet who find that venting experience pleasurable.

It sounds like you are complaining....because I complained. Thus, your complaining does no good for anyone on this forum and I would appreciate you stop because remember, using this forum as a venting outlet, even in response to another person's post, while pleasurable, will not help.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:50 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

I just can't wait for all the pics that are going to show up soon!

PICS! PICS! PICS!
The following 6 users liked this post by gohawks23:
LifesAnesthesia (11-04-2020), markchristenson (11-04-2020), mdrobc1213 (11-05-2020), Russian Mafia (11-05-2020), TheStanman (11-05-2020), Vintage72 (11-04-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-04-2020, 11:34 PM
Faded9
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm probably being paranoid. My car arrived in SD 10/9 and was on Port Processing status in TYD since then. TYD updated it to Port Processing competed on 11/2 and they changed the delivery date to 11/13 at the same time. Prior to that deliver was estimated as 11/6.

I just initially assumed that they were slow in updating TYD. But since I have nothing to do but sit around and wait the last month now I'm worried that it really took that much time for port processing. Which means possibly there was damage that needed repair? Otherwise would Port Processing time should have been wayyy shorter right?

Old 11-04-2020, 11:50 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Faded9
I'm probably being paranoid. My car arrived in SD 10/9 and was on Port Processing status in TYD since then. TYD updated it to Port Processing competed on 11/2 and they changed the delivery date to 11/13 at the same time. Prior to that deliver was estimated as 11/6.

I just initially assumed that they were slow in updating TYD. But since I have nothing to do but sit around and wait the last month now I'm worried that it really took that much time for port processing. Which means possibly there was damage that needed repair? Otherwise would Port Processing time should have been wayyy shorter right?
Damage is extremely unlikely. I wouldn't be worried about that at all.
I and every other person that has ordered a 2021 911 that is presently sitting in one port or another in the USA is in the same boat as you. (No pun intended.) No 2021 911's have been released to any dealers as yet. I was originally told I'd get my car on 10/30, then 11/06 and now 11/13 so any further delays would not really surprise me. Although I would certainly be disappointed once again. Lot of rumors and theories as to who and why this delay exists. We may never know why, but I have confidence that we'll all get our 911's in due course.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?