Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 11:43 AM
DTup
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

I have also heard from my dealer in NJ that cars start shipping Monday ... “no official email yet but this is from the head of PCNA.”

Cue the giant grain of salt ....
Old 12-05-2020, 11:59 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,252 Posts

I'm still waiting for my C2S. HOWEVER my better half needed to replace her car. This, courtesy another driver that T-Boned her existing car a few days ago. She's OK, thank goodness! Anyhow, she narrowed down the selection of a replacement to: a Lexus, a Porsche or a BMW. She test drove both the Macan and the Cayenne. She really liked the Cayenne. BUT she decided on the BMW X5. Her decision was not because she thought the BMW was a better car. Her decision against the Porsche was because of how Porsche has handled (or not) the current nonsense we're being subjected to. Her logic was; "Why would anyone want to associate/tie themselves through the purchase of a car, to a company that clearly has such little regard for their customers." At some point soon, I may come to the point where I also come to the same conclusion and make a similar decision. The 992 is a great car, but the management of the company is ruining it.
The following users liked this post:
smjr (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 12:05 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
I'm still waiting for my C2S. HOWEVER my better half needed to replace her car. This, courtesy another driver that T-Boned her existing car a few days ago. She's OK, thank goodness! Anyhow, she narrowed down the selection of a replacement to: a Lexus, a Porsche or a BMW. She test drove both the Macan and the Cayenne. She really liked the Cayenne. BUT she decided on the BMW X5. Her decision was not because she thought the BMW was a better car. Her decision against the Porsche was because of how Porsche has handled (or not) the current nonsense we're being subjected to. Her logic was; "Why would anyone want to associate/tie themselves through the purchase of a car, to a company that clearly has such little regard for their customers." At some point soon, I may come to the point where I also come to the same conclusion and make a similar decision. The 992 is a great car, but the management of the company is ruining it.
BMW Xs are very nice. My wife absolutely loves her 20 X3. Says her favorite car ever!
Old 12-05-2020, 12:09 PM
Jeremy66
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The absolutely correct conclusion is to avoid PCNA in the future. My (eventual) 992 C4S will be my 6th 911 but definitely the last; this is not the first (or second) beef I've had with Atlanta. Unfortunately the boycott must be extended to Audi, too.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:15 PM
Ofir911
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 20 Posts

Just heard from my NJ dealer, according to him they heard cars should stary shipping on Monday. Needless to say he was wrong before but lets hope he is correct this time.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:20 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Ofir911
Just heard from my NJ dealer, according to him they heard cars should stary shipping on Monday. Needless to say he was wrong before but lets hope he is correct this time.

Good news this is coming from a few dealers it seems?
Old 12-05-2020, 12:21 PM
DTup
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

Mine is in very northern NJ
Old 12-05-2020, 12:34 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default CARB update from my dealer in CT

My dealer has been in close contact with his regional PCNA exec and reported that, as of this morning, the dealer had no new news suggesting imminent clearance.

Dealer has ~15 992s waiting at Danbury.

They are as unhappy and frustrated as everyone else seems to be.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:48 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

During the Obama era I risked criminal penalties defying a ridiculously disfunctional and capricious CA agency involved in port business. It was either that or lose the value of a nice Porsche by waiting for a useless certification. If I had to assume where blame lay in this delay, I know who I’d pin it on.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:05 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

My SA just texted me. Said the date hasn't changed which is a good sign and that he spoke with the trucker and the car should be at the dealer Tuesday. I still find it amazing that no-one seems to have a for sure answer yet. Not sure if I should get my hopes up or not.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:08 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche07
My SA just texted me. Said the date hasn't changed which is a good sign and that he spoke with the trucker and the car should be at the dealer Tuesday. I still find it amazing that no-one seems to have a for sure answer yet. Not sure if I should get my hopes up or not.
is that the same dealer who said yesterday at 3pm that there was no new CARBbnews?
Old 12-05-2020, 01:09 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
is that the same dealer who said yesterday at 3pm that there was no new CARBbnews?
Yes sir. So who knows. But I guess it is good that the date in their system hasn't changed. The wait never ends..
Old 12-05-2020, 01:13 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

I find is a little amusing the comments about "I'm never ordering a Porsche again". You know that's probably not true. This isn't Porsche's fault, do you think they want to delay delivery of these cars? This is a FUBAR EPA law that is not being adminstered correctly. Could PCNA communicate better? Sure they could...they could call or email you and tell you "we really don't know when the cars will be released" because they don't. Would that satisfy you? Probably not. It sucks that your cars are delayed, I hope it's cleared up before mine gets here at the end of the month, but if it doesn't it's not going to kill me to wait for these incredible cars. In the meantime quit acting like a bunch of spoiled rich kids, you have lots to be grateful for.
This is not a personal attack on any of you. Just read what some of you are writing about a situation that is not being controlled by Porsche. If you don't want to buy another Porsche, I don't think Porsche will have any problems selling cars going forward.
The following 3 users liked this post by Muhney:
mikey94025 (12-05-2020), Russian Mafia (12-05-2020), smjr (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 01:19 PM
Trackmunkey
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
I find is a little amusing the comments about "I'm never ordering a Porsche again". You know that's probably not true. This isn't Porsche's fault, do you think they want to delay delivery of these cars? This is a FUBAR EPA law that is not being adminstered correctly. Could PCNA communicate better? Sure they could...they could call or email you and tell you "we really don't know when the cars will be released" because they don't. Would that satisfy you? Probably not. It sucks that your cars are delayed, I hope it's cleared up before mine gets here at the end of the month, but if it doesn't it's not going to kill me to wait for these incredible cars. In the meantime quit acting like a bunch of spoiled rich kids, you have lots to be grateful for.
This is not a personal attack on any of you. Just read what some of you are writing about a situation that is not being controlled by Porsche. If you don't want to buy another Porsche, I don't think Porsche will have any problems selling cars going forward.
This.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:19 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Originally Posted by Muhney
Actually, a letter from Porsche expressing their apologies and possibly some kind of freebie would greatly satisfy me. Sure, it's a big first world problem, but a problem nonetheless. I find Porsche's lack of communication/information quite unbefitting of a top luxury brand. We're all spending over 100k for these cars and I expect more from the company. I don't go to a Michelin restaurant and expect sh*t service so I would hope that Porsche would be more appreciative and apologetic to their customers. It is also much easier for you to talk as your $150,000 car hasn't been sitting out in the elements for 2-3 months..
The following 6 users liked this post by porsche07:
Babyray (12-05-2020), Bluehighways (12-05-2020), Hammr1 (12-07-2020), Jeremy66 (12-05-2020), mr965 (12-07-2020), undefinederror (12-05-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?