Coding 992

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 08:17 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomnbyu
https://www.thedrive.com/news/the-po...-safety-is-why

How to allow for the Eco Spoiler. Why? Because that's why.

That article states that the wing in its highest setting blocks the third brake light on the deck lid. Newsflash silly journalist…..that’s why there’s an integrated third brake light on the active wing itself so it remains in compliance. I hate poorly written pieces.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:43 PM
x-ray
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 27 Posts

Anyone in the midwest or Ohio have PIWIS and willing to do some coding? Main thing I want is to increase the temperature of my heated steering wheel.

Thanks
X
Old 07-04-2024, 01:31 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,367 Posts

In what module is that setting?

siberian
Old 07-04-2024, 02:20 PM
x-ray
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
In what module is that setting?

siberian
I forget who gave me this info, but it was in the heated steering wheel thread:

"In PIWIS, you need to be in development mode (IE "E" mode). From the module list, select "steering column electronics" - can't remember the german word . . then go to Coding - select manual code, and the heat is the only option you will have. Just fill in the temperature you like, and hit "Code" - there you go - Bob's your Uncle. Entire process is 30 sec."

? Lenksäulenelektronik ?

Last edited by x-ray; 07-04-2024 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2024, 03:31 PM
allenfrostline
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not seeing a straightforward answer here but does coding non-engine related features void your warranty at all? there're bunch of yes and no about this flying around forums
Old 07-12-2024, 07:14 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
After some time without coding, I found the steering wheel sensitivity control. Default is medium. There's two above it.
On normal, no difference. On sport and sport + (track on my car), there's a significant change in ratio, it feels more direct, not necessarily heavier. Next I'll try the upper option.
Also in the same module, brake booster sensitivity, which I did not try due to safety reasons. Will try soon.

I tried this on my '24 GTS. It was set to superdirekt by default. I tried Superdirekt Top and normal options, but it didn't make a noticeable difference to me.
Anyone else try this on a GTS or a' 24 car?

I also did the Sunroof and windows open with key fob, but I can't seem to make it work. Do I need press and hold the unlock button on my keys?
The rear bar DRL worked well and looks far better active on my Guards Red vs the clear/white exclusive design light bar when off.
Old 07-12-2024, 07:16 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
@sitetech using PIWIS, in Kombi, enable (I think):Werkseinstellung Menükonfiguration Performance
and
Weitere Kodierungen III Performance Monitor Einheit Leistung

It will then appear as menu option in PCM which you can enable to show on the right screen of the dashboard. Unfortunately no data is displayed, and I've not been able to find a DME (or other controller) setting that 'produces' the data. @John Mclane was successful on his '20, but I've never seen it done successfully enabled on other non-GT 992. Please share any discoveries you may unlock.

Also noticed, I already have the power and torque graph active on my '24 GTS from factory and shows up as I scroll through the instrument cluster.
Old 07-12-2024, 07:25 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by allenfrostline
not seeing a straightforward answer here but does coding non-engine related features void your warranty at all? there're bunch of yes and no about this flying around forums
You'll be fine. It’s a built-in factory configuration table from Porsche. You’re just enabling options that were disabled from the factory depending on the configuration of your particular car. Essentially you’re gaining administrator access to the car rather than only being limited to user access.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-12-2024 at 07:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
718socal (07-13-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 08:23 PM
AlfaM5
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts

I tried the steering on my 23 GTS. I don't know if it made a difference. I want to say no.

The windows open and close with the key fob worked. I think I coded it first and then went into the PCM and enabled the option.
Old 07-12-2024, 08:48 PM
GTS2022
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 81 Posts

Interesting article, .2 GTS will be very difficult and expensive to tune.

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/07/th...sible-to-tune/
Old 07-13-2024, 12:20 AM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPuff
I tried this on my '24 GTS. It was set to superdirekt by default. I tried Superdirekt Top and normal options, but it didn't make a noticeable difference to me.
Anyone else try this on a GTS or a' 24 car?

I also did the Sunroof and windows open with key fob, but I can't seem to make it work. Do I need press and hold the unlock button on my keys?
The rear bar DRL worked well and looks far better active on my Guards Red vs the clear/white exclusive design light bar when off.
I'll help you with the windows and sunroof coding with keyfob. Just did this on @jnkzw TTS. He actually found the missing code for me 😁
Old 07-13-2024, 08:34 AM
sitetech
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
@sitetech using PIWIS, in Kombi, enable (I think):Werkseinstellung Menükonfiguration Performance
and
Weitere Kodierungen III Performance Monitor Einheit Leistung
Can not find parameter "Weitere Kodierungen III Performance Monitor Einheit Leistung" in Kombi and MIB. Could you check pls?
Old 07-13-2024, 09:46 AM
30YrDream
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
So does anyone here have PIWIS III?
I've had my 992 for about 2 weeks and I'm already interested in one myself. Do local Porsche clubs group buy these things and loan the out? That seems like the perfect recruiting tool for a club.
Old 07-13-2024, 11:32 AM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by 30YrDream
I've had my 992 for about 2 weeks and I'm already interested in one myself. Do local Porsche clubs group buy these things and loan the out? That seems like the perfect recruiting tool for a club.
Highly unlikely... these are dealer-only tools that clever ppl have 'unlocked' for like minded enthusiast, but pretty sure PCA 'national' would never officially sanction PIWIS for such 'off-label' use. Having said that, I bring my setup to local Boston c&c gatherings and have done a bunch of mods for 'friends and family', so perhaps spend some time getting to know the local community.
The following 2 users liked this post by jlegelis:
M3Inline6 (07-13-2024), PR4EVR (Yesterday)
Old 07-13-2024, 11:59 AM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPuff
After coding, comfort opening (and closing) needs to be enabled in PCM see details in my original post here. @rnlst_log and myself developed the technique in 2022.

p.s as an easter egg, in addition to the keyfob you can also 'comfort close' the sunroof and windows (and likely the convertible top) using the indent on the door handle. I find touching (and holding) the indent on the handle for a few seconds will activate the function. enjoy.

Quick Reply: Coding 992