Sponsored by:

Coding 992

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 11:44 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

From what I gather service history is only available via PPN and is stored in the car though I still think it must also be downloaded by PIWIS though not necessarily viewable through it. As to where???

I further surmise that it's major stuff that is kept (like swapping out components) while small stuff like oil changes are kept viewable via PCM. But who knows...

The whole PIWIS system is a nightmare...

siberian
Old 02-22-2024, 02:17 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,127 Likes on 670 Posts

When I saved my oil change, it said it would be saved to the central computer with limited ability to be changed. I looked all over piwis, google, etc, couldn't find it.

I asked Mars, he said it was in a log. I looked in there, couldn't find anything...

If someone finds it, please let us know.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:38 AM
Porschetuner2005
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Yes, this was my thought to adjust the jam nut as well.

What is weird, is that sometimes it shows the VTG in the correct position (1-98% give or take slightly) and its within tolerance. Other times it starts to swing -8% to 88%, which trips the fault.

It always successfully does the adaptation, but some how it comes out of the normal range and trips the fault. ONLY the bank2.... Bank1 stays within 1-98% give or take very slightly.

Here are some pics with info, first pic both banks in spec, 2nd pic bank2 out of spec, notice the -6% position with mV below threshold of 550. 3rd pic is the info from when it trips the fault.

Both banks in spec

Bank2 out of spec

Fault code info
That is strange, but with the tolerances so tight I'm not surprised....It seems like you are on that cusp of good/bad and depending on numerous factors (heat, resistance) it could swing one way or the other. Try adjusting the Bank 2 VTG and see if you can bring it in slightly. I know it sucks, but that's about all I got unless you see some issue with the wiring that could cause slightly more resistance and thus a lower current.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,127 Likes on 670 Posts

@Porschetuner2005 - Thanks for the advice man! It sounds like you know what you're talking about

I agree, I really don't see anything left to fix.... Ive tried it all. I can't see how there is a wiring issues as we only took the turbos off and replaced them, its plug for the VTG.

I might just try to exchange this turbo for a new one, see what happens. I don't really want to start messing with the set screw as I have no specs etc. I feel like that should be set up properly to begin with. Maybe there is some wear internally on the VTG already of this turbo body, who knows.

Regardless, cheers for the advice!
The following users liked this post:
Porschetuner2005 (02-27-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 07:20 PM
M4TVW
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All

I am coding the aerokit to my 992 GTS but stuck at the translation. In the guide it says to change the “Trim CD Value”. However I cannot find that in the list. The only one I can find is about sport design is “ CW-Wert Verkleidung” so I could change that to VM3 which is aerokit. Is that the correct option to change?

I’ve been through them all and nothing else stands out to me.

Thanks in advanced
Old 02-27-2024, 12:31 AM
rnlst_log
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by M4TVW
Hi All

I am coding the aerokit to my 992 GTS but stuck at the translation. In the guide it says to change the “Trim CD Value”. However I cannot find that in the list. The only one I can find is about sport design is “ CW-Wert Verkleidung” so I could change that to VM3 which is aerokit. Is that the correct option to change?

Thanks in advanced
Correct.
718socal (02-27-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 05:30 PM
Hawknet
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything new from the start stop last mode ?
Old 03-03-2024, 06:13 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Seems someone managed to disable it permanently using Launch. Haven't seen anything on PIWIS for 992

siberian
Old 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 780 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Seems someone managed to disable it permanently using Launch. Haven't seen anything on PIWIS for 992
siberian
My completely fact-free 'opinion' on this (for what that's worth) is that disabling *** is deliberately unsupported in PIWIS for 992 to avoid the perception that Porsche is providing an easy path towards 'emissions' tampering, à la dieselgate, and other emissions / fuel-economy related controls. Sure, the M-Tune has modified the firmware to achieve this, but at least Porsche themselves are absolved.... discuss.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:19 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Very possible...or only in P Mode and no I'm not going there.

siberian
Old 03-04-2024, 06:44 PM
pbar
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siberian

siberian
Do you have a reference to where this was discussed? (couldn't find anything with rennlist search)
Old 03-04-2024, 07:41 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It wasn't on Rennlist. With Kudos to the unnamed person here is the gist of what I got:

1. DME - Activation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2: change from *Activated* to *Not Activated*

2. DME - Coding--Block07-Start_Stop: change from *Present* to *Not Present/coding Cell Not Used *(this generated an error on the gauge cluster - the drivetrain error where the 4-connected-wheels diagram displays)

3. Front End Electronics - Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2:-AraStartStop change from *Start_stop_prevention_allowed* to *Start_stop_prevention_not_allowed*

I don't understand why only Bank 2 needs to be addressed and not 1 as well.

I take no responsibility for the above. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK and of course REPORT BACK

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 03-04-2024 at 08:02 PM.
pbar (03-04-2024)
Old 03-07-2024, 03:17 PM
Porschetuner2005
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by M4TVW
Hi All

Thanks in advanced
So that's wild...I'm in the same location but I do not get the Aerokit option, only the Sport Design options:

The car is a 2020, so I changed it to a 2021 just to see if diff options would come up and they are the same ones. I wonder how you got the option and I did not? Anyone?
Old 03-31-2024, 05:22 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
After some time without coding, I found the steering wheel sensitivity control. Default is medium. There's two above it.
On normal, no difference. On sport and sport + (track on my car), there's a significant change in ratio, it feels more direct, not necessarily heavier. Next I'll try the upper option.
Also in the same module, brake booster sensitivity, which I did not try due to safety reasons. Will try soon.
Bringing up an old but very interesting thread. I haven’t felt the steering ratio change while changing different driving modes. But are you saying you can change this via coding? Were you able to go above “normal”? If so, how did that feel? Were you also able to change the steering feedback sensitivity (steering wheel moving based on road imperfections)?
Old 03-31-2024, 06:28 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by Purekoryo
Bringing up an old but very interesting thread. I haven’t felt the steering ratio change while changing different driving modes. But are you saying you can change this via coding? Were you able to go above “normal”? If so, how did that feel? Were you also able to change the steering feedback sensitivity (steering wheel moving based on road imperfections)?
My 992 is dead, resurrected in the east.
I could tell a significant difference in sport and sport plus mode by coding superdirekt.

Quick Reply: Coding 992