Sponsored by:

Discounts on 2021 orders

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 02:37 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Thanx butrcrm. I'm due to receive an answer from the LV dealer tomorrow afternoon concerning allocation etc. so I'll wait till then and then depending on outcome see what I can come up with based on your suggestion.

DrCollie, beautiful pictures, but not quite, when I said, Gulf Racing colors. I didn't mean that , I meant closer to this sans the number and decals of course.

As to the Ferrari, I can see that conversation going over with the wife ending up in, "whilst you're at it, you might as well use that jigsaw and build another dog box unless you think one of them will want to share theirs with you..."

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 01-07-2021 at 02:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bat28 (01-09-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 02:41 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, I know I could do a skin/wrap for a fraction of the cost, but...somehow not the same

siberian
Old 01-08-2021, 05:27 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Thanx butrcrm. I'm due to receive an answer from the LV dealer tomorrow afternoon concerning allocation etc. so I'll wait till then and then depending on outcome see what I can come up with based on your suggestion.

DrCollie, beautiful pictures, but not quite, when I said, Gulf Racing colors. I didn't mean that , I meant closer to this sans the number and decals of course.

As to the Ferrari, I can see that conversation going over with the wife ending up in, "whilst you're at it, you might as well use that jigsaw and build another dog box unless you think one of them will want to share theirs with you..."

siberian

Vegas? Heard that isn't necessarily the place to try to source a car and discount unless you live there and have a long relationship with the dealership. I'd expand your search throughout an couple of areas also. Just saying cause I heard LA dealers, Vegas, and some in Texas are just unwilling to move on discounting cars especially now when 992 are scarce for unkown and out of state buyers. Same for a few in WA. Porsche Tacoma had a 991.2 I looked at in June before placing my 992 order and they wouldn't budge of their price point even after my local dealer tried to intervene on my behalf. Their loss...and the 992's win. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2021, 11:41 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

LV was after a forum member's long association with the dealer there and of course thank you for your suggestions. Do you have any specific dealer/area you can recommend?

siberian
Old 01-08-2021, 08:11 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

LV came through with 4% on build PMP61P94, will call in a few to finalize; July ETA.

As to snow tires, since Nokian doesn't have anything for the staggered 20/21" Michelin Alpine were the only tires he could find for winter; now to scout for rims next year. Stay tuned

siberian
mdrobc1213 (01-09-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 08:39 PM
Mrkhanna16
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

I got 6% but it was a push, especially for a low option C2 (MSRP $116k)....
Old 01-09-2021, 02:43 AM
butrcrm
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

LV came through with 4% on build PMP61P94, will call in a few to finalize; July ETA.

As to snow tires, since Nokian doesn't have anything for the staggered 20/21" Michelin Alpine were the only tires he could find for winter; now to scout for rims next year. Stay tuned

siberian
Congrats - great build!

Not sure if you’ve been following the thread, but sounds like there may be some significant delays on aero kit optioned cars. May be worth checking with LV if they’re aware of anything.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1231...porsche-2.html
Old 01-09-2021, 03:05 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thank you kindly Sir.

The order call got delayed to Monday morning, so I'll take the opportunity to ask then. Here are a couple of curious items:

1) If you order the MT, Sport Chrono is included at no charge. If you order the PDK it's a 4 figure extra

2) It seems (to be confirmed Monday) that if you select Sport or Sport+ it disables the ***. Call pending: does it remember the Sport/+ setting after you shut the engine off and start again. This would be a way around disabling the ***

siberian
Old 01-09-2021, 05:11 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

siberian
Nice...if they give you 4% on an allocation I'd say take it as most aren't seeing that much lately who've been posting...anywhere I think between MRSP and 2% maybe 3% has been the average. Make sure they actually have allocation to give and its not just a place in line though. Some have been doing that to those in search of allocations lately and they send a build only to find out the deposit was for an estimated delivery and place in line based on projected allocation yet to appear. Hope the Canadian border opens up so you can get it back to AK easily or more easier than Colt601 although we did love the pictures! Good luck.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:22 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Thank you kindly Sir.

The order call got delayed to Monday morning, so I'll take the opportunity to ask then. Here are a couple of curious items:

1) If you order the MT, Sport Chrono is included at no charge. If you order the PDK it's a 4 figure extra

2) It seems (to be confirmed Monday) that if you select Sport or Sport+ it disables the ***. Call pending: does it remember the Sport/+ setting after you shut the engine off and start again. This would be a way around disabling the ***

siberian
Nope. You have to spin the **** every time you start the car. Frankly it's second nature now. Not a big deal.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:06 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

By the time you add the : enable heated seat and steering (yes, it will be driven all year as I'm not spending that kind of cash to drive it 6 weeks a year) etc. looks like setting up an aircraft checklist prior to take off

siberian
Old 01-09-2021, 12:12 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Nice...if they give you 4% on an allocation I'd say take it as most aren't seeing that much lately who've been posting...anywhere I think between MRSP and 2% maybe 3% has been the average. Make sure they actually have allocation to give and its not just a place in line though. Some have been doing that to those in search of allocations lately and they send a build only to find out the deposit was for an estimated delivery and place in line based on projected allocation yet to appear. Hope the Canadian border opens up so you can get it back to AK easily or more easier than Colt601 although we did love the pictures! Good luck.
Thank you!

I had planned to do the same as Cody did (except not interested in the ATL part) but I doubt things will be quiet enough or clear enough to risk ending up as he did. I'll end up shipping it: truck to SEATAC and barge to Anchorage. I'll then fly down and drive it up.

As to your other helpful point here is the initial notice I got:

With regard to pricing, I have asked and gotten consideration for your
special order vehicle. However we finalize the build, 4% is your adjusted
purchase, Greg. As your Brand Ambassador, and advisor, I am happy and
thrilled with that result being yours!

We'll see how that's clarified including deposit etc. Monday. Again thank you all for your help and advice - very appreciated especially as I can't walk into a dealer and kick the tires.

siberian
mdrobc1213 (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 12:48 PM
William Smith
Advanced

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Anyone here getting discounts on 2021 orders? Getting ready to buy and looking for the best deal.
Not sure if you are buying cash or auto finance, but I lease and my guy at Porsche normally gives me about 4-5% which I think for LA is pretty good - and considering it's a factory order not from inventory.
Unfortunately, the typical attitude in most Southern California dealers seems to be if it's a factory order, you pay sticker for the lease MSRP.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:04 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just heard back, "consideration" simply means that the dealer has granted officially the 4% (in this case) discount. Once deposit is forwarded we stand in line...

siberian
Old 01-09-2021, 04:03 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Anyone have any experience with Porsche Greenwich?

siberian

Quick Reply: Discounts on 2021 orders