Discounts on 2021 orders

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 07:47 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 707 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsharky
What was your discount?
It was 7% with a dealer contract. Then again, I still don't have the car!
Old 01-12-2021, 08:02 PM
Joeybats
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
I hear what you are saying, but C2S allocations in particular are hard to come by - I say this based on not just what 4 dealers told me, but also what others on Rennlist have said. I have read about others with October dealer orders still waiting for an allocation. Who knows!
Takes some effort, I found an allocation first week of December by calling around to different dealers I my area.
Provided a 5K deposit in exchange for a comission number. April arrival for my C2S M7SP.
The following users liked this post:
SBAD (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 08:20 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

It was 7% with a dealer contract. Then again, I still don't have the car!
That's a sizable discount which during times like this can lead to dealers dealing from the bottom of the deck.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:27 PM
SBAD
Pro

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
That's a sizable discount which during times like this can lead to dealers dealing from the bottom of the deck.
I think you are quite right. But I have learned that karma is a bitch. Since the dealer has been upright and communicative with me, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they are yanking me, it will come back to haunt them. Some dealers, you walk in and you know you are nothing but shark bait.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:17 PM
Joeybats
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Nice discount! Best I was offered was 3% with no allocation. Accepted an allocation for 1.5% discount for April delivery.
Receiving the car in April was more important to me than getting the car in September with a larger discount.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:22 PM
SBAD
Pro

Originally Posted by Joeybats
Nice discount! Best I was offered was 3% with no allocation. Accepted an allocation for 1.5% discount for April delivery.
Receiving the car in April was more important to me than getting the car in September with a larger discount.
I think discounts definitely have a local/regional market component. So in your area, you may have had the best discount that could be done. And you will clearly get your car before me!
Old 01-13-2021, 12:38 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
First of all, thank you to all and everyone who took the time to help.

Your suggestions and examples, especially when buying thousands of miles away, were/are priceless. For everything else, as they say, there's MC

So I just sent out a deposit (part on a CC, part snail mail as they can't accept more than $2,500 on a CC) and signed the Build Sheet (PM4YGYH9). I was told I should have a commission number shortly for a March build with a late May/June delivery. Details as to shipping to AK are in the works. Final discount was 5%.

I can now go and take my pills

siberian (who can now be found in the lounge of those waiting...)
Congrats on your allocation and welcome to the 922 club (soon). Great discount also given the lack of availability....5% is good. 1.5% more than I got in July so always happy for those who can beat the mean. Porsche of Greenwich/CT take it? Well done. We'll be looking for your car in the early summer.

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 01-13-2021 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:47 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by butrcrm
1% is not a very good discount.

I’m not sure of the realistic availability of allocations for C2S cabs if you were to do some more hunting, but I would expect you could work a better discount and in a sooner time frame.

With that said, to your direct question - given your two options, I think it just comes down to your patience. For me, I’d prefer to have the car earlier in summer, particularly for a cab if you’re not in a warm location.

I certainly wouldn’t assume anything about your financial situation, but if for arguments sake, 1% is in fact the best discount and it is the ONLY allocation available, I personally would still go with the earlier allocation and more time to enjoy. The few thousand dollar difference seems very negligible when looking at a $180k price tag.
My advice. Go email/call 10 more dealerships. It isn't impossible (see Siberian's recent experience) but you do have to put the work in. You may have to contact more than 10 dealers and go further than you thought and/or wanted to originally in order to get the car/deal that you wanted. Cab may be harder than C2 and C2S but a bit easier I would think than a Targa to find. Otherwise I think 1% is crap...you may have to pay MSRP IF they are truly difficult to find.
coastal (01-31-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 12:54 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

I was wondering about that and asked the dealer in CT about having it delivered to the dealer in AK. He said normally THEY would have to pay a fee and are not interested. I asked them to find out how much the fee was and haven't heard back.

Irrespective, here's the plan. The wife's Macan S is due for it's courtesy service in May. IF I can get a May delivery in AK, we could drive down in the Macan, have her service and I could pick up the 992 and drive back separately. Meaning I would arrive back in Fairbanks 2 days and 14 hours earlier than she would

I did not just say that Your Honor ...

siberian
Pay and get it shipped. Most dealers I know will allow you to ship it on your dime and arrangement in the case IF they won't do so or have no interest. I've used a transport company called Angels to pickup an X5 for me once in Cali to Seattle and another time to take a Range Sport to Phoenix. Each time I paid out of pocket, gave the transport company the dealers POC and the dealer a signed release with paperwork to transport the vehicle and viola had my vehicle in a few days. I would check into that route although going to get the car and driving back is the most fun! Not as dangerous as you think...airplane itself is really safe...its just the interim travel and large numbers of people who you are around especially during the holiday travel that is the problem. But done safely you could fly get the car and back safely as a solo trip with proper social distancing!
Old 01-13-2021, 01:02 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

I think you are quite right. But I have learned that karma is a bitch. Since the dealer has been upright and communicative with me, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they are yanking me, it will come back to haunt them. Some dealers, you walk in and you know you are nothing but shark bait.
Hate to be negative but I think they are yanking you a bit...just a little. Oct and large deposit and discount means they can wait on you...and deal from others who will pay MSRP or maybe more. Allocations came out in Oct I hear and then again around before Xmas and so if the dealer is any size it should have gotten at least 1 allocation to give you...unless they have a very large waitlist and/or a fluid one they're playing with. That would be my guess here. What's in it to lose especially if you're out of state or new buyer (don't know what your relationship is). Otherwise I would look around a bit to see what is avail otherwise you may not even get a car when you expect under the current deal. As some have said allocations for C2S cars is a bit difficult now....but can be found out there as a handful have just shown. Good Luck.
SBAD (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 01:18 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Congrats on your allocation and welcome to the 922 club (soon). Great discount also given the lack of availability....5% is good. 1.5% more than I got in July so always happy for those who can beat the mean. Porsche of Greenwich/CT take it? Well done. We'll be looking for your car in the early summer.
No, I'm pretty sure I ordered a 992, but I better call the dealer as I'm sure I didn't place an order for a 922

I had 4% in LV with no allocation though the salesperson was doing everything he could to get one. He spent a lot of time helping me outfit the car, but no allocation and 4% vs allocation & 5%, I hope he understood I was not jerking him around, but I couldn't pass that up.

Yep New Country in Greenwich, CT. Take some pics for me and hopefully it will be late Spring ;-)

Again THANK YOU (plural) for ALL your help guys. Absolutely INVALUABLE,

Aloha from 65 North

siberian
Old 01-13-2021, 01:46 AM
becauseitis
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

My deposit has been down since November and no allocation as of yet. It's for Targa 4s; so I know they are more scarce but getting a little impatient. Allocations did come out in late December per my dealer. Just none for my build. Jealous of you all getting your cars or at least on the way.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:10 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by nmoham1
hi Siberian!

sorry to bother, long time lurker of this group. i saw that you purchased your car in CT. I too am in the process of purchasing from New Country Porsche Greenwich. I was able to get a 3.5% discount vs your 5% - i think i have poor negotiating skills as is to be honest. but i wanted to see if you were able to get them to waive their "conveyance fee" and if they included any shipping of the car to you in the total out the door cost. Im showing a $795 conveyance fee which seems pretty high, in addittion to a $295 CT lemon law fee. appreciate any advise/clarity you can provide
Yep, the BS conveyance fee for someone who doesn't live there explained as the cost of doing business as well as the so called lemon law. And no, shipping is not included. Because I'm out of state I also had to put a large deposit down, but 5% is what I got and an allocation.

HTH

siberian
Old 01-13-2021, 03:14 PM
nmoham1
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

any personal strategies you used to get the 5%? seems like pulling teeth to get an extra inch from them
Old 01-13-2021, 03:15 PM
nmoham1
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, the BS conveyance fee for someone who doesn't live there explained as the cost of doing business as well as the so called lemon law. And no, shipping is not included. Because I'm out of state I also had to put a large deposit down, but 5% is what I got and an allocation.

HTH

siberian

any personal strategies you used to get the 5%? seems like pulling teeth to get an extra inch from them

​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Discounts on 2021 orders