Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discounts on 2021 orders

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 05:34 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts
Default Dealer was willing to discount the 4s targa a little but oddly not the targa 4

The dealer said that the Targa 4 allocations were 10 times more scarce than the Targa 4 allocations. This is why they would not discount the Targa 4 order. Said they only are getting one Targa 4 allocation for the entire year of 2021.

not sure this is baloney or not.

jeff
Old 11-30-2020, 02:34 AM
becauseitis
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Targa 4s allocations seem to be pretty scarce out here in the Northwest. I have an order placed, deposit down with a commission #; however, no firm allocation/ build date as of yet. Dealer said middle of December should be coming through. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:09 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by becauseitis
Targa 4s allocations seem to be pretty scarce out here in the Northwest. I have an order placed, deposit down with a commission #; however, no firm allocation/ build date as of yet. Dealer said middle of December should be coming through. Fingers crossed.
Yes heard the same...asked my dealer back in Aug for someone on RL posting seeking one and I think he only found like 1/2 dozen open allocations at that time from Porsche NA. However from what you noted above that is kinda weird tho...if you have a deposit and order placed AND they have given you a commission # you should have a lock date and estimated production/build date too. Did your SA not give you a print out from the system like this one? This is from my 992 CS order back in July...maybe you should ask again for the system printout and get more detailed info...that should give you better dates!

Old 11-30-2020, 03:29 AM
becauseitis
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

all i got was a build sheet. and it says vehicle status V070 which i understand is that the allocation is not actually with the dealership yet. Hoping i am further along though! and thanks!
Old 11-30-2020, 05:53 PM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by becauseitis
all i got was a build sheet. and it says vehicle status V070 which i understand is that the allocation is not actually with the dealership yet. Hoping i am further along though! and thanks!
That might be "order demand status". I was trapped there for a while until another RL member gave me a contact to obtain an actual allocation (delivery April).

My SA did just offer a press car to me if anyone is interested (2020 guards red with a manual) with an interesting spec (rear wheel steer, pasm, pse)...
Old 12-08-2020, 02:24 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 2021 C2S

I am looking to buy a 2021 C2 S.
Not too many options, the MSRP according to the Porsche configurator with the options is 128,000.00
What would be a reasonable expectation of a discount from the MSRP price?
I plan on ordering the vehicle from the factory, not purchasing from the lot.

Also, is it better to buy from the lot or order the vehicle assuming the car has the options I need regarding discounts to MSRP?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:40 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanza22
Not too many options, the MSRP according to the Porsche configurator with the options is 128,000.00

Also, is it better to buy from the lot or order the vehicle assuming the car has the options I need regarding discounts to MSRP?
It is highly variable with numbers from MSRP to upwards of 7% although less than or equal to 3% seems more realistic in this time of high demand and low availability. Also a C2S will likely command a slightly lower discount. Also make sure that you are actually getting an allocation and not just the right to be 3rd in line for an allocation. In general discount is a little higher in cars that are highly spec'd although this is not always the case and some buyers of 110K cars have got discounts of 6%. There are also territorial patterns with midwest having slightly higher discounts although again not strictly the rule.

Short answer is it depends on the SA, dealer and the customer.

Old 12-08-2020, 08:06 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanza22

The posts above yours should provide you with some very useful and current information. It sounds like allocations are not easy to come by, which means you may not get any discount on an ordered car. Why not start contacting some dealers and get an idea? As far as buying an in stock unit, with Porsche you will not find a car on the lot with the exact options you want, since there are so many ways to spec these cars. Your chances of getting a better deal on an inventory car are obviously better than on an ordered car, but when you're spending $130K, and given the current environment of minimal discounts, you are probably better off just ordering exactly what you want.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (12-09-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 10:24 PM
shark715
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Been shopping for a new C4S Coupe. Here in the New York City area several dealers have open February and March build allocations, but tough to get much of a discount.

After I mentioned the word "discount" I never heard back from two dealers, another offered a $1500 "courtesy" discount, another offered 1.5% off, another offered 2.5% off, and finally another offered 4%, which I thought was not bad based on all the other comments I've heard. They all wanted doc fees in the $500-$600 range.

Then the other day one of the forum members here was nice enough to connect me with a dealer he has a relationship with (thank you, thank you, thank you) that is about 90 minutes from where I live.

The dealer told me they had a February build allocation for a 4S Coupe, and asked me to email my build and they would price it out. Quoted a 7% discount, which I told him I thought was fair if there were no dealer doc fees. And he agreed.

After a $2000 deposit to my credit card, today I received a build sheet with commission number showing V200 status as well as the Track My Dream email from Porsche estimating an April 2 delivery to the dealer.
The following 4 users liked this post by shark715:
aw305 (01-02-2021), Lighthouserocket (01-27-2021), macanspnw (12-08-2020), mdrobc1213 (12-09-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 11:18 PM
macanspnw
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by shark715
Been shopping for a new C4S Coupe. Here in the New York City area several dealers have open February and March build allocations, but tough to get much of a discount.

After I mentioned the word "discount" I never heard back from two dealers, another offered a $1500 "courtesy" discount, another offered 1.5% off, another offered 2.5% off, and finally another offered 4%, which I thought was not bad based on all the other comments I've heard. They all wanted doc fees in the $500-$600 range.

Then the other day one of the forum members here was nice enough to connect me with a dealer he has a relationship with (thank you, thank you, thank you) that is about 90 minutes from where I live.

The dealer told me they had a February build allocation for a 4S Coupe, and asked me to email my build and they would price it out. Quoted a 7% discount, which I told him I thought was fair if there were no dealer doc fees. And he agreed.

After a $2000 deposit to my credit card, today I received a build sheet with commission number showing V200 status as well as the Track My Dream email from Porsche estimating an April 2 delivery to the dealer.

Congrats! Sent you a pm
Old 12-08-2020, 11:51 PM
Doug Wood
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I took an allocation for a Targa 4 - not the S- and the dealers I talked to said that the Targa 4 allocations were much more scarce and dealers typically have been getting only one Targa 4 allocation for ten Targa 4S.

my thought was save the $18,000 and put that money into options and this is more of a cruising car that will likely never be on a track and the new 2021 Targa 4 has almost as much hp as the 991 Targa S model. Bragging rights can be important but the base car will corner faster than I will ever try and accelerates 0-60 in less than 4 seconds- which is fast enough. The base has 379 hp and my 911T Targa bought in 1970 had a whopping 125 hp and my 1990’s Acura NSX had 299 hp and was fast enough.

but here is my question- anyone get discounts on 2021 Targa 4’s or Targa 4s models?
Yup, got 2% on a 2021 Targa 4S. That was in Sept for EOY/Jan delivery. I emailed 5 dealers and no one else had a firm allocation so I'm pleased i got something. Given the imbalance in supply/demand, they should have just waited for a full price customer.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:50 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by shark715

Shack...you got a good one there....most aren't seeing anything more than 1 or 2% on the few allocations open in many places. Yes it depends on the car and dealer and location but supply seems to be in high demand and limited at least for now especially for C2S and up cars. I got 3.5% in July/Aug and am happy to have my ordered car now for the past 2 weeks. You have to look around to get a good deal...which you seem to have gotten. Great job.
The following users liked this post:
shark715 (12-12-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 10:54 PM
Anil Thomas
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 on the lot vs 2021 order

I have a chance to purchase an on the lot base 911 optioned nearly perfect based on what I would spec. Given that the 2021’s are now coming in, would you expect a greater discount on a 2020?

Last edited by Anil Thomas; 12-18-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:02 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Anil Thomas
I have a chance to purchase an on the lot base 911 optioned nearly perfect based on what I would spec. Given that the 2021’s are now coming in, would you expect a great discount on a 2020?
I would have said a year ago that yes somewhere between 12-15 would have been reasonable to account for a standard discount and first year depreciation. That said the scarcity of cars will make it a difficult target to get and I think that a discount of 7-10% is probably most you will see. I hope for your sake I am wrong. On the other hand there is something about that car that has led to it still being on the lot and so pushing hard might get you a decent discount. I am assuming that since you did not say it, it is not a demonstrator and also does not have any significant miles on it. If indeed it does the equation changes somewhat.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:04 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

9% depreciation on trade in for 992 C2S, 8% discount on 992TT

Last edited by rk-d; 12-19-2020 at 02:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Discounts on 2021 orders