Sponsored by:

Discounts on 2021 orders

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 05:00 PM
butrcrm
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nmoham1
any personal strategies you used to get the 5%? seems like pulling teeth to get an extra inch from them
1. Find a couple allocations
2. Get quotes for each of them
3. Share competing quotes with each dealer and ask them to beat it
4. The closer to lock date, the more likely I’ve found them to deal if it comes down to having a firm customer order versus more of a gamble on a dealer build that may require a steeper lot discount
The following users liked this post:
siberian (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 05:18 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Pay and get it shipped. Most dealers I know will allow you to ship it on your dime and arrangement in the case IF they won't do so or have no interest. I've used a transport company called Angels to pickup an X5 for me once in Cali to Seattle and another time to take a Range Sport to Phoenix. Each time I paid out of pocket, gave the transport company the dealers POC and the dealer a signed release with paperwork to transport the vehicle and viola had my vehicle in a few days. I would check into that route although going to get the car and driving back is the most fun! Not as dangerous as you think...airplane itself is really safe...its just the interim travel and large numbers of people who you are around especially during the holiday travel that is the problem. But done safely you could fly get the car and back safely as a solo trip with proper social distancing!
Well it is over 4,500 miles as well as crossing into Canada and back out, something no one it seems can tell you if you can or can't (see Cody's experience). It would have been in normal conditions a great drive, at this stage of uncertainty, I don't think so. Of course I can always call KALITTA and have them air freight it for probably 10 grand

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 01-13-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:59 PM
Joeybats
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Well it is over 4,500 miles as well as crossing into Canada and back out, something no one it seems can tell you if you can or can't (see Cody's experience). It would have been in normal conditions a great drive, at this stage of uncertainty, I don't think so. Of course I can always call KALITTA and have them air freight it for probably 10 grand

siberian
I can tell you Siberian, there is currently no non - essential travel between Canada and the US. Perhaps it will change by the time your 992 is delivered.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:30 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The defense rests Your Honor, your witness ;-)

siberian
Old 01-14-2021, 01:41 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

With the savings of not getting the aerokit and at the suggestions of a fellow Macanforum member, upon looking at the config I realized that it did look unbalanced. To remedy this and using Porsche's tried and true method of burning through cash, I added option VR4 (side skirts). New build for those interested is PMB1BI45

siberian
Old 01-14-2021, 02:50 PM
Joeybats
Instructor

With the savings of not getting the aerokit and at the suggestions of a fellow Macanforum member, upon looking at the config I realized that it did look unbalanced. To remedy this and using Porsche's tried and true method of burning through cash, I added option VR4 (side skirts). New build for those interested is PMB1BI45

siberian
it just never ends Siberian!

Checkout my minimalist build, I'm sure I will have many comments on what I should add. Lol
http://www.porsche-code.com/PM272HB6

Last edited by Joeybats; 01-14-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:14 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Indeed...

So where do I start

siberian
Old 01-14-2021, 04:11 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 920 Likes on 485 Posts

Indeed...

So where do I start

siberian
By the time you add the sport bumpers and side skirts, the wing is pretty cheap!
Old 01-14-2021, 04:28 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yep, but you can't just buy the wing...well at the moment you can't buy the wing period

siberian
Old 01-18-2021, 04:25 PM
GoCards67
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 85 Posts

I guess my dealer decided the deal we disussed last week was too good and backed out today. We had nothing official like a deposit made or anything like that but nevertheless, I feel the damage is done with them. They have been great with service on my Boxster so nothing bad to say. Its too bad, as I realy wanted to buy from the salesman. That being said, I need a delaer that will find me an allocation or discount something they have on the lot. I have seen discounts from 2 to 7% on here. I think a 5 or 6% discount is fair. If anyone has a good suggestion of a dealer to reach out to, let me know. Im in the Ky,IND, Ohio area. Maybe what I want is not possible?
Thank you!

Last edited by GoCards67; 01-18-2021 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:51 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeybats

Checkout my minimalist build, I'm sure I will have many comments on what I should add. Lol
I like your minimalist build, nothing more, nothing less. If I ever pull the trigger on 992S, this is also how I would spec it too.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:06 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,877 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeybats

Nice build. No comments.....
Old 01-18-2021, 05:10 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GoCards67
I guess my dealer decided the deal we disussed last week was too good and backed out today. We had nothing official like a deposit made or anything like that but nevertheless, I feel the damage is done with them. They have been great with service on my Boxster so nothing bad to say. Its too bad, as I realy wanted to buy from the salesman. That being said, I need a delaer that will find me an allocation or discount something they have on the lot. I have seen discounts from 2 to 7% on here. I think a 5 or 6% discount is fair. If anyone has a good suggestion of a dealer to reach out to, let me know. Im in the Ky,IND, Ohio area. Maybe what I want is not possible?
Thank you!
I would recommend as well as based on various folks on the forum David Soyk at Gaudin Porsche in LV. dsoyk@gaudinporschelv.com. Feel free to mention my name (Greg) or Cody. He doesn't have an allocation but he stated he will try as hell to find one for you. Discount with him was 4%, alas I was contacted by another dealer who had an allocation with a March build that I just wasn't able to resist. Definitely recommend him

siberian
The following users liked this post:
GoCards67 (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 07:17 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by GoCards67
I guess my dealer decided the deal we discussed last week was too good and backed out today. We had nothing official like a deposit made or anything like that but nevertheless, I feel the damage is done with them. They have been great with service on my Boxster so nothing bad to say. Its too bad, as I really wanted to buy from the salesman. That being said, I need a dealer that will find me an allocation or discount something they have on the lot. I have seen discounts from 2 to 7% on here. I think a 5 or 6% discount is fair. If anyone has a good suggestion of a dealer to reach out to, let me know. Im in the Ky,IND, Ohio area. Maybe what I want is not possible?
Thank you!
Well that sucks...what was their sticking point? Why did the back out? Any chances of re-newing the deal on other terms? I mean if its the discount you have to understand how difficult it is to obtain an allocation these days so many are finding the discounts available to be less than what others many have gotten. 5% for an allocation now a days is probably a bit over the goalpost from what I've seen and some are doing 1-2% as a courtesy with maybe 3-4% being the sweet spot and a small number getting higher WITH very good relationships with their dealers and/or being previous buyers. A few are asking MSRP for allocations but it seems almost all are willing to do better for a car on the lot or a leftover 2020...just I think those are becoming increasingly hard to find. You may be in for a trip in some form if you want car anytime soon though...seems current build/delivery times are now mid Spring to early Summer depending on the dealer. Shop around to multiple places is the advice that seems to be going around now...
Originally Posted by LnC993
I like your minimalist build, nothing more, nothing less. If I ever pull the trigger on 992S, this is also how I would spec it too.
Yeah but I'd drop the 90L (extended tank) unless you really drive long distances...so far am getting around 20mpg in mixed city driving in my car and I have 7spd manual. Its not much cost wise but would still drop it. Play with things like Porsche logo/crest in leather on headrest or center console and small things that add to the car vs the fuel tank which you probably won't notice as much IMHO as this isn't a vehicle that has had me at the gas station that often.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:33 PM
Joeybats
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Well that sucks...what was their sticking point? Why did the back out? Any chances of re-newing the deal on other terms? I mean if its the discount you have to understand how difficult it is to obtain an allocation these days so many are finding the discounts available to be less than what others many have gotten. 5% for an allocation now a days is probably a bit over the goalpost from what I've seen and some are doing 1-2% as a courtesy with maybe 3-4% being the sweet spot and a small number getting higher WITH very good relationships with their dealers and/or being previous buyers. A few are asking MSRP for allocations but it seems almost all are willing to do better for a car on the lot or a leftover 2020...just I think those are becoming increasingly hard to find. You may be in for a trip in some form if you want car anytime soon though...seems current build/delivery times are now mid Spring to early Summer depending on the dealer. Shop around to multiple places is the advice that seems to be going around now...

Yeah but I'd drop the 90L (extended tank) unless you really drive long distances...so far am getting around 20mpg in mixed city driving in my car and I have 7spd manual. Its not much cost wise but would still drop it. Play with things like Porsche logo/crest in leather on headrest or center console and small things that add to the car vs the fuel tank which you probably won't notice as much IMHO as this isn't a vehicle that has had me at the gas station that often.
Thanks for the input, the price was so low for the extended range fuel tank, 41% larger capacity. The less time stopping for gas will increase my enjoyment for the car over and over again. The logos don't do anything for me, that's just me though.

Quick Reply: Discounts on 2021 orders