Sponsored by:

Aero kit hold by Porsche??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 01:07 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Originally Posted by STIGETTE
It is strange COVID delays would affect the wing only. I was really on the fence about the aerokit but am so happy i went with it.
Depends on the supply chain. Who actually manufactures the wing? And the parts that go with it?
Old 01-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Tbounds
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by smjr

Got my car few weeks ago and Aerokit is perfect
what color is the car it looks like a powder blue or white not sure how
Old 01-08-2021, 04:44 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by dgasmd
not to offend, but that looks terrible!
lol - i like it. not offended in the least. i like plenty of things others don't and vice versa.
The following users liked this post:
510michael (01-08-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 07:28 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by wanesso
Hmmm.....I wonder what the material is that is caught up in Covid that only affects the wing option.
Sub manufactured parts I beleive.
Originally Posted by kpblade
So everyone is pushed back to May....Shortages/Covid delay it further.....gets pushed back to July....Good news, Porsche is going to update to 2022 model year with no price changes.....Wait for it......EPA/CARB....aaaargh.
Yes COVID19 has caused shortages amongst some of the sub-manufactured products for not just Porsche but other major automotive manufacturers. Causes delays down the line just as the factory closures and schedule changes. Remember most of the production lines depend and rely on just in time arrival of parts from sub contractors to continue production vs just having them available in bulk or lying around for efficiency of production...thus if unavailable or late a single part can delay either completion and/or make some options unavailable until later on. Remember touring both BMW factory in Spartansburg and Porsche in Stuggart before and was an amazing mix of robots and persons working in tandem on a pretty tight schedule to make...viola a car in the end.
Originally Posted by aggie57
Depends on the supply chain. Who actually manufactures the wing? And the parts that go with it?
. Yep...also finding a comparable alternate sub-contractor for a part and getting it approved and to meet standards can cause delays if not already done or in the system for a manufacturer and that also delays the production line also. Gotta ensure the new part is up to standards!

The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (01-10-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 06:21 PM
Pedrogas
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI! I already paid for a 911 with aerokit last december. And TODAY they told me about this delay with the aerokit. What they said to you? They told me that i will have to wait a few days to know what happens with this problem.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:48 PM
wasabi4
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Pedrogas
HI! I already paid for a 911 with aerokit last december. And TODAY they told me about this delay with the aerokit. What they said to you? They told me that i will have to wait a few days to know what happens with this problem.
did your order lock date already pass? if it's not locked and you can still make changes to your build then you may not be able to get an aerokit until MY2022 perhaps.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:37 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 124 Posts

I ordered my Carrera S with aero kit in December. I passed my lock date early last week. Still shows to be on the car.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:26 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 951 Posts

My neighbor had a 993 turbo and added a wing after the fact. I would love to be able to order the Aerokit rear wing, swap the wing and engine cover related parts out, and disable the auto-deployment mechanism of the standard spoiler, with the option of reverting back at some point. Maybe Suncoast or someone will have the kit available in the future. I personally don't want the front or rear (especially the changes to the rear bumper and license plate position) sport design facia that the Aerokit includes, but would like the option to add the wing if that could be done.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:39 PM
Pedrogas
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wasabi4
did your order lock date already pass? if it's not locked and you can still make changes to your build then you may not be able to get an aerokit until MY2022 perhaps.
I paid the 10% in december.
Yesterday they told me that the my car will enter in production in may-june BUT if I insist in the aerokit, probably it will take “longer”. In a few days they will provide me more info about it.

Anyway, I can still making changes son its not locked
Old 03-03-2021, 02:28 PM
butrcrm
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Pedrogas
I paid the 10% in december.
Yesterday they told me that the my car will enter in production in may-june BUT if I insist in the aerokit, probably it will take “longer”. In a few days they will provide me more info about it.

Anyway, I can still making changes son its not locked
Do you have an actual allocation and commission number?

Quick Reply: Aero kit hold by Porsche??