Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 02:07 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by norcal992
Pushed out for another month
Yikes!

3 months technically "in manufacturing?"

There is the possibility that the completion date will be moved up as TYD seems to be pretty rough estimates at times.

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:09 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Apbc2
Mine was pushed back too. I've only received the first 3 photos
How soon after the start of the manufacturing process (phase 4) did they push out the completion date?
Old 05-10-2023, 02:18 PM
Apbc2
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by alin2
How soon after the start of the manufacturing process (phase 4) did they push out the completion date?
My phase 5 was originally supposed to be May 4. When I checked it on May 4, it Jumped to June 1.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:16 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Apbc2
Mine was pushed back too. I've only received the first 3 photos
My dates are very similar to yours. I also only got 3 photos for my GTS one day after production started. Radio silence since then. I think my local port is later because I’m on the west coast.

Last edited by SS22; 05-10-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:30 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 40 Posts

SFL Conductor approaching final into Baltimore...hang a right and then another.

Years ago my previous 911 was dropped off in Davisville...wondering why the port change, considering the SFL Conductor was just in Davisville yesterday

Old 05-10-2023, 04:23 PM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Production delays

Originally Posted by SS22
My dates are very similar to yours. I also only got 3 photos for my GTS one day after production started. Radio silence since then. I think my local port is later because I’m on the west coast.

My GTS entered production (stage 4) on 4/27 I got 3 pictures... 24houes later I got my 4th picture (at the elevator) The 2 days later (5/5) it should have moved to stage 5 (mfg complete) but instead listed the date as 6/1 where it sits now... My dealer says no news and PCNA know even less.

This is infuriating. I have a check from the bank on my desk for the car which expires in 30 days.

It's starting to be clear they had an issue on the line, either missing-defective parts or at final QA (where my car likely was).

John

Last edited by johnohara; 05-10-2023 at 04:57 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 05-10-2023, 05:48 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnohara
My GTS entered production (stage 4) on 4/27 I got 3 pictures... 24houes later I got my 4th picture (at the elevator) The 2 days later (5/5) it should have moved to stage 5 (mfg complete) but instead listed the date as 6/1 where it sits now... My dealer says no news and PCNA know even less.

This is infuriating. I have a check from the bank on my desk for the car which expires in 30 days.

It's starting to be clear they had an issue on the line, either missing-defective parts or at final QA (where my car likely was).

John
After my GTS started production, TYD first updated to show competition be delayed by 1 week to beginning of May but then like you, when the early May date came, it changed to June 1. What’s weird is that I never got the 4th photo in the elevator so I’m guessing mine didn’t make it to QA yet but of course anything could be happening at the factory.

My dealer knows nothing and says no part has a stop sale on it but made an interesting comment that sometimes Porsche wants to push cars into the next quarter or something for financial reasons. Could it be that they’re trying to delay so the sale happens in July to put it towards Q3?
Old 05-10-2023, 06:17 PM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
After my GTS started production, TYD first updated to show competition be delayed by 1 week to beginning of May but then like you, when the early May date came, it changed to June 1. What’s weird is that I never got the 4th photo in the elevator so I’m guessing mine didn’t make it to QA yet but of course anything could be happening at the factory.

My dealer knows nothing and says no part has a stop sale on it but made an interesting comment that sometimes Porsche wants to push cars into the next quarter or something for financial reasons. Could it be that they’re trying to delay so the sale happens in July to put it towards Q3?

If they sat on the cars it would really sour me on the company. A month delay will blow up my financing and my now great rate will go higher....

If the cars sit outside for 30 days and show up with rusted rotors it will really be a sad moment. I find it hard to believe they would be that manipulative.

Old 05-10-2023, 06:21 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnohara
If they sat on the cars it would really sour me on the company. A month delay will blow up my financing and my now great rate will go higher....

If the cars sit outside for 30 days and show up with rusted rotors it will really be a sad moment. I find it hard to believe they would be that manipulative.
I know. It’s messing up our plans too because we’re getting rid of a car in anticipation of receiving this one. I figured one or two weeks of delay maybe. But it’s not the pandemic anymore and a 2 month delay isn’t reasonable, especially if it’s not a part issue. I already didn’t option Aerokit because it wasn’t available and showed anywhere from a few weeks to a year of delay.
Old 05-10-2023, 07:36 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

Received 1,190 Likes on 480 Posts

I’m envious of the people who got moved to 5/22 for a ship date. It makes me think there’s actually a plan for your car. I’m still on 5/9, which makes me think there’s still no plan for me.
Old 05-10-2023, 07:55 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,195 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by jhenson29
I’m envious of the people who got moved to 5/22 for a ship date. It makes me think there’s actually a plan for your car. I’m still on 5/9, which makes me think there’s still no plan for me.
Well TYD went from 5/8 to 5/22. Back before that my dealer was showing 5/12 for a ship date. Just a few more days to see if that happens or not...

Old 05-10-2023, 08:13 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by JR824
Has anyone else that had their car on the RCC Compass that made it to San Diego last Monday 5/1 received an updated on their car leaving the port?

or anyone else at the port of San Diego in general?

just wondering what the current timeframe is to make it out of SD. I've had cars make it out of San Diego in 2-3 days time on previous orders. Not the case this time around.

Thanks
Originally Posted by meyecul
Mine was on the prior ship (Pheonix Leader) and was in SD for about 10 days. No issues, just back up.
Originally Posted by myidsucks
My car was on the RCC Compass and made it to the dealer Saturday. So, the delay in port was from 5/2 to 5/5 (that's when TYD reported it was headed to the dealer). Gaudin Porsche here in Las Vegas had 11 cars come up from San Diego on Saturday.
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Ships docked 5/1 and was notified by the SA morning of 5/3 that the car was through the VPC and released for transportation. No news since…

Mine was also on the RCC Compass and arrived in SD on 5/1. Yesterday I reached out to my dealership and they told me any day now...
Old 05-10-2023, 08:36 PM
johny221
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

My GTS has just gotten continuously delayed and the dates on TYD and the dealer system are just placeholders at this point. They don’t mean anything at all at this point. We get to the new delayed date, a day or two passes, and I’m delayed again anywhere from another 2-3 weeks. I had a large delay in February, it got pushed 58 days out to April and now no end in sight.

At this point I’m not 100% convinced this car even exists. I got the elevator shot in January and an email that the car was completed even though it actually never went to V270 or V300. I got another email in March that welcomed me to Porsche like when the order is submitted.

I haven’t reached out to Porsche NA and based off the others comments I probably won’t since they don’t seem to be helpful. The GM and SA have been empathetic and as helpful as the can be, but they are just in the dark as me. Regional Manager blamed it on production delays like others have seen and finally recently said the aero kit. However I’ve seen many Ts get delivered with the aero kit and that car hadn’t even went into production when my car started.

it’s been frustrating to say the least. It’s not just delays but not knowing when they will end. I’m starting to think about other options. May 28th will be 6 months the car has been in production.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:45 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by EMpunker
Mine was also on the RCC Compass and arrived in SD on 5/1. Yesterday I reached out to my dealership and they told me any day now...
Still waiting...today TYD pushed out to a 5/19 port departure...that would be over two weeks after the dealer said it cleared the VPC and waiting for a truck.
Old 05-10-2023, 08:52 PM
Alex.In.M0tion
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by 355Shawn
I haven’t personally used this hack since my car is not yet on the ship, but per the instructions in that post I believe you have to be using a PC for this to work.

If you don’t have access to a PC, it might be easier to call the dealership to ask what ship you are on if you are sure that your car is already on the ship.
Thanks for this, this is really cool. I’m pre-production, production start milestone is today, but hasn’t hit yet.

Last edited by Alex.In.M0tion; 05-10-2023 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!