Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 02:53 AM
RexG
Cruisin'

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-06-2023, 03:32 AM
RexG
Cruisin'

I just reached my freeze point on 4/27 for my Turbo S Cab.. Was told as they were entering my order that I could no longer get the painted exterior packages as they are no longer offered right now. Slightly annoying. Not sure if that goes for Coupes also. I would think so.
Old 05-06-2023, 03:37 AM
RexG
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Muhney
I'm hammering the configuator for my July build 2024 Turbo S. This will be my second GT Silver 911 but I'm back and forth on interior options. Right now I'm upgrading the leather to Black with deviated stitching package either GT Silver or blue stitching, but I'm open to other suggestions. It's tough trying to decide when you only have pictures to look at. I want to stay with black, slate gray or graphite or some combination of those. Trading in my Chalk Targa with Black/Bordeaux. Any suggestions are appreciated. Also should I leave brake calipers yellow or get the gloss black. My car will have the gloss black exterior package.
I just reached my freeze point on 4/27 for my Turbo S Cab.. Was told as they were entering my order that I could no longer get the painted exterior packages as they are no longer offered right now. Slightly annoying. Not sure if that goes for Coupes also. I would think so.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:12 AM
dnolletti
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RexG
that happened to me a few months ago with the extended Manufaktur interior option. When the freeze point arrived it was on stop sale so I had to remove it from the order. Disappointing but I’m really pleased with the car now that it’s arrived.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:32 AM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Production delays

This seems to be a more that a few orders.... and everyone seems to be delayed 30 days... I will call the dealer and PCNA and see what they can report.

It sounds like there is no common thread in the options that are ordered in the delayed systems.

Question: if you car is built (like mine) and it is delayed, does it sit outside in Stuttgart, in the elements, or is it inside in a climate controlled environment ?
Old 05-06-2023, 11:03 AM
johny221
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by johnohara
This seems to be a more that a few orders.... and everyone seems to be delayed 30 days... I will call the dealer and PCNA and see what they can report.

It sounds like there is no common thread in the options that are ordered in the delayed systems.

Question: if you car is built (like mine) and it is delayed, does it sit outside in Stuttgart, in the elements, or is it inside in a climate controlled environment ?
For people like me that were having cars built in the October/November/December time frame and were also extremely delayed, we were communicating to see if there was a common part, car, option, etc that we all had in common on the huge delays.

the short answer back then was no. One had a C2, no aero kit. Another had a GTS like me with the aero kit, but in their elevator side shot their aero kit was attached to the car. My side elevator shot was missing the aero kit so I know at least at this stage I still needed it installed.

I was told from the regional manager my GM and SA have been communicating with that my delay is the aero kit. But logically is a tough pill to swallow since many Ts have gone into production well past my start date of 11/28 and have had the aero kit on their cars and have now been delivered.

So really it’s a who knows why our cars get delayed and others with a similar build sail right through. But we definitely drive ourselves crazy trying to figure it out.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:53 AM
23 gts
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Just got an update showing we are on a boat heading to the west coast!!! What a great Saturday surprises.

Who else got the good news this morning?
The following 2 users liked this post by 23 gts:
johny221 (05-06-2023), KM20Turbo (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 12:42 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 484 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by johnohara

Let us know what you find out.

I tried and was told everything looks clear and none of the options had a stop sale. Dealer doesn’t know what’s holding it up at the factory. Interesting comment they made was that sometimes Porsche intentionally keeps cars at the factory if they’ve met their quotas for a certain region and want to push their production into the next quarter. I thought that was really interesting. I’d never heard about it before and it’s none sense when they sell you something and you plan around an expected date. Sure, a week or two change is one thing and a worldwide pandemic is another, but given the bottleneck had cleared up, being delayed 1.5 months and counting if nothing had a stop sale is frustrating. I should add that I’m holding out hope that the month out dates are a placeholder.

I do wonder why my GTS didn’t get the elevator pic but some other cars who are also delayed already got the elevator pic. Could it be multiple parts are the issue?
Old 05-06-2023, 02:41 PM
KM20Turbo
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
Let us know what you find out.

I tried and was told everything looks clear and none of the options had a stop sale. Dealer doesn’t know what’s holding it up at the factory. Interesting comment they made was that sometimes Porsche intentionally keeps cars at the factory if they’ve met their quotas for a certain region and want to push their production into the next quarter. I thought that was really interesting. I’d never heard about it before and it’s none sense when they sell you something and you plan around an expected date. Sure, a week or two change is one thing and a worldwide pandemic is another, but given the bottleneck had cleared up, being delayed 1.5 months and counting if nothing had a stop sale is frustrating. I should add that I’m holding out hope that the month out dates are a placeholder.

I do wonder why my GTS didn’t get the elevator pic but some other cars who are also delayed already got the elevator pic. Could it be multiple parts are the issue?
I’d be surprised if it got to the assembly line if multiple parts were missing. Their “just in time” parts supply should identify that. It would be way less efficient ($$$) to store a partially finished car in a warehouse and have techs complete it by hand.

Maybe something didn’t pass the QC at the end of assembly?

Old 05-06-2023, 03:06 PM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by KM20Turbo
I’d be surprised if it got to the assembly line if multiple parts were missing. Their “just in time” parts supply should identify that. It would be way less efficient ($$$) to store a partially finished car in a warehouse and have techs complete it by hand.

Maybe something didn’t pass the QC at the end of assembly?
PCNA was of no help whatsoever, less helpful than the dealer.

Dealer said likely missing some part... and this is a common issue.

John
The following users liked this post:
johny221 (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 03:52 PM
Hotshottt06
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 40 Posts

She made it. Finally. Picking up Tuesday and can’t wait.

The following 7 users liked this post by Hotshottt06:
23 gts (05-06-2023), 992carrerat (05-08-2023), Apbc2 (05-08-2023), johny221 (05-06-2023), merrion13 (05-07-2023), myidsucks (05-06-2023), tbridge (05-08-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-06-2023, 03:52 PM
360MVA
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 98 Posts

Anyone have a dealer try to sneak in aftermarket stuff once your car arrives? To the tune of roughly $12k. I'm about to walk on my car after waiting about 8 months.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:54 PM
KM20Turbo
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 360MVA
Anyone have a dealer try to sneak in aftermarket stuff once your car arrives? To the tune of roughly $12k. I'm about to walk on my car after waiting about 8 months.
what stuff?
Old 05-06-2023, 04:56 PM
dnolletti
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KM20Turbo
what stuff?
smells like a set of HREs to me!
Old 05-06-2023, 05:04 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotshottt06
She made it. Finally. Picking up Tuesday and can’t wait.
Awesome! Hoping to get photos of my car over there this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!