Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 11:33 PM
NickM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by repcapale
Thanks for the info.

The plot thickens as my sa told me most 911’s are trucked and not rail. Out to Edmonton anyways.

Not sure how accurate.
Originally Posted by alex98ti
Today also my SA told me they are trucked from Halifax to Toronto. Mine left Halifax on May 1 and SA said should arrive tomorrow May 5.
Interesting. Maybe understandable from halifax to Toronto, But to Edmonton and not Winnipeg sounds strange. Maybe its dealer dependant or What ever is available at the time. I for sure have the Rail yard info details from SA and confirmed with CN buddy how they get unloaded to 1 yard, then those Train cars get pushed into a 2nd yard to get actually unloaded to the car haulers that ferry them to the dealers.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:40 PM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by NickM
Interesting. Maybe understandable from halifax to Toronto, But to Edmonton and not Winnipeg sounds strange. Maybe its dealer dependant or What ever is available at the time. I for sure have the Rail yard info details from SA and confirmed with CN buddy how they get unloaded to 1 yard, then those Train cars get pushed into a 2nd yard to get actually unloaded to the car haulers that ferry them to the dealers.
I think it depends as you said. I just found out my car is actually on a train. Brutal.
Old 05-05-2023, 07:24 AM
alex98ti
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney

Finalizing my Turbo S build.
Going from a 992 Targa 4S to a 2024 Turbo S. I'm going with GT Silver and the black exterior package that includes high gloss and carbon fiber roof. I like the look. My question is the interior, I'm leaning towards black with the deviated stitching option in Speed blue, I know it's personal preference but any comments or suggestions on why I should consider another stitching color. I appreciate any input.
You did build a beautiful beast. I think with your yellow calipers, it will look hot to do yellow stitching, yellow seatbelts and central tachometer in yellow. I would stay away from chrono in yellow as it reflects on the windshield. Just my input but ultimately you have to love it.
Old 05-05-2023, 07:30 AM
alex98ti
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by NickM
Mine just moved from May 5 to May 7 arrival at the dealership. Hopefully picking it up on the 11th. Can't wait for my Targa as weather is turning nice too and currently I am Porscheless. Already traded in my previous Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
NickM (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 08:48 AM
355Shawn
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 58 Posts

For anyone with a car in Emden waiting for a ship going to the east coast, it looks like the Siem Confucius has an ETA at Emden a day later than originally expected.

The tracker is showing the ship will arrive on 5/7 vs 5/6. I was hoping for an early arrival, but looks like that won’t be happening.

If it takes about 12 days to get from Emden to Baltimore, I’m guessing the ship will arrive in Baltimore sometime around the 20th.

Good luck Everyone!

Old 05-05-2023, 10:50 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by alex98ti
You did build a beautiful beast. I think with your yellow calipers, it will look hot to do yellow stitching, yellow seatbelts and central tachometer in yellow. I would stay away from chrono in yellow as it reflects on the windshield. Just my input but ultimately you have to love it.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 05-05-2023, 11:32 AM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
Yea me too. Wish I could go back in time and remove it. I was on the fence anyways.

Anyone with the Innodrive package being stalled in production?
Similar delay, no inno drive.
Our cars don’t have much in common with the exception of surround view, lca, storage, glass roof definitely not the usual suspects.
Code PPKCKT88
Old 05-05-2023, 11:36 AM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Surprising TYD delay at end of prooduuction

Originally Posted by SS22
TYD just updated to push back my production completion from the original 4/24/23 to 6/1/23 my dealer arrival went from 6/5/23 (SoCal) to 7/13/23.

Anyone else experiencing a similar delay? I don’t have Aerokit. Not sure what’s holding up the production. Already got the first 3 photos within a day of the production start of 4/18/23.
I had the same thing happen. I had a date of complete on 5/3 and on 5/4 all the dates on the web site went from Late May to Late June :-(

My C2GTS looks from pictures to be complete, I had 4 pictures including the one at the last one at the "elevator" showing it heading to final QA... then a day later ... a month slip

Is this just an IT glitch ? ... On the Iphone app it shows "Not Scheduled" ...
Old 05-05-2023, 11:47 AM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by johnohara
I had the same thing happen. I had a date of complete on 5/3 and on 5/4 all the dates on the web site went from Late May to Late June :-(

My C2GTS looks from pictures to be complete, I had 4 pictures including the one at the last one at the "elevator" showing it heading to final QA... then a day later ... a month slip

iPhone app doesn’t show any future dates.
I don’t think it’s a glitch either as there are cars with a single digit difference in VIN both before and after mine been built and completed.
I’m more concerned about the accuracy of the projected completion date as it is usually around 30 days, which means likely a place holder or off chance they actually know when the part needed (to be fixed) is available.
Old 05-05-2023, 12:02 PM
Dr. Z
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Ports

Originally Posted by 355Shawn
For anyone with a car in Emden waiting for a ship going to the east coast, it looks like the Siem Confucius has an ETA at Emden a day later than originally expected.

The tracker is showing the ship will arrive on 5/7 vs 5/6. I was hoping for an early arrival, but looks like that won’t be happening.

If it takes about 12 days to get from Emden to Baltimore, I’m guessing the ship will arrive in Baltimore sometime around the 20th.

Good luck Everyone!

Does anyone know the Siem Confucius routes? Will it head to Jacksonville after Baltimore?
Old 05-05-2023, 12:44 PM
355Shawn
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Z
Does anyone know the Siem Confucius routes? Will it head to Jacksonville after Baltimore?
Based on this, yes.

The following users liked this post:
Dr. Z (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 12:47 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by YWG_YYZ
Similar delay, no inno drive.
Our cars don’t have much in common with the exception of surround view, lca, storage, glass roof definitely not the usual suspects.
Code PPKCKT88

At first, my dates got pushed back a week but then a month. I think the month delay on TYD is a placeholder but who knows.

Oddly, I didn’t get the elevator pic. I only got the first 3 photos a day after scheduled start of production. Nothing new since 4/19!

I wonder what’s holding us up. Anyone else experiencing a production delay from mid-April to now?
Old 05-05-2023, 04:21 PM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts

My money is on the Bose sound system. I have heard that they regularly run short and everybody spec's it. John

Old 05-05-2023, 04:39 PM
KM20Turbo
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 45 Posts

My money is on the Bose sound system. I have heard that they regularly run short and everybody spec's it. John
It’s possible but mine has Bose and was built this week. It’s now shown as sitting at the port. I’m ecstatic that it appears complete but it wouldn’t be fair to leapfrog others waiting for that part.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:08 PM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

It is a usual suspect but mine didn’t have Bose and SS22 had it.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!